April 2019 Moms

Has anyone did the maternityT21?

If so, how long did it take for your test results to come back? How do they reveal the gender? I’m team green so I don’t want to open up my results and then bomb it tells me the sex. 

Re: Has anyone did the maternityT21?

• I think it took a little less than a week when I did it my first pregnancy. I did it through my doctor and told them I wanted to know gender so they left a vmail with the results. I'm not sure if other labs would just do a phone call or email results or what but I'm sure you could ask when you get the blood draw. If they tell you you xan access the results online, you may just want to call and have a nurse tell you the results instead of checking the online results. 
  • Oh wow less then a week! That’s awesome! I got it done on Monday and the lab said hopefully by Friday I should get my results. So fingers crossed. I said I was going to be team green but being able to find out the gender in a couple days is very tempting haha
  • Loading the player...
  • I did the Materni21 and asked not to find out the sex, but when I called today (9 days after the blood was drawn) my Dr office said the results had just come in! And she almost squealed saying it has the results of the sex. Well, knowing the receptionist knew and I didn't drove me crazy, so I convinced my partner that we should find out. And learned I'm having a girl. Was so overjoyed, burst into tears right away. It feels a lot more real now.
  • @laurainoaklan I feel like the same thing is going to happen when I call. They said it should be back by Friday and today is Friday!!! Ahhh fingers crossed. What time did you call? Lol