Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 9/10

marebear15marebear15 member
edited September 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.** 
**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for

Month/Cycle
?

WTO/TWW

Ages of other child(ren)

Any thoughts about this cycle

Any questions

Rant/Rave/Brag
:

GTKY: Favorite family vacation spot or dream vacation (if you have yet to take a family vacation)
?

Re: TFAS w/o 9/10

• What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle
    ? 5/4

WTO/TWW
    ? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)
    ? 6 & 3

? My mind is playing tricks with me this month *TW CP
    We were supposed to take the month off, per Dr's thoughts... I think a night of wine put us near the FW, but If this is the month I am not very hopeful about it with my CP last month.

Any questions
    ? I will ask on the TCAL board, but I'll put it here too just in case someone may have insight.
    After a MC, does your Dr. do anything differently if you get a +. I was not given any indication on if I were to get one about calling or anything specific. 

Rant/Rave/Brag
    : I am pretty sure I am still hungover from the weekend. Detox Monday has commenced.

GTKY: Favorite family vacation spot or dream vacation (if you have yet to take a family vacation)
    ? We love the gulf. White beaches, chair in the sand, drink in my hand and the boys playing in the surf! Not much better than a couple days at the beach! 
  • What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle
    ? 5/5

WTO/TWW
    ? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)
    ? 11 months

? Not really sure. I normally don't start to get hopeful until the TWW, but I was in that thread for all of 4 days last cycle, ugh.

Any questions
    ? When did y'all move your LO out of a bucket seat? DD is still in the infant carrier (although we don't carry it anymore), but she's still under the 30 inches, 20 pounds height/weight limit. Do I just wait for her to get there, or is there an advantage to moving up to the next car seat?

Rant/Rave/Brag
    : Getting pumped for my baby's first birthday! We are doing a hot air balloon "Time Flys" theme and I have pinterested the heck out of it. I feel a lot of stress because my SIL has three kids (9, 6, 4) and she is a SAHM and does crazy parties. So I want this one to kind of live up to the family expectation.

? We haven't done a family vacation yet, but our honeymoon/anniversary trips were at Destin, Florida beaches. I really asked this question selfishly, haha.
  • Loading the player...
  • @klmcguire I don't have any insight into your situation, but I hope your hangover gets better!

@marebear15 I moved DD into her carseat from the bucket around a year. I don't know that there's any advantage to it. She always had a convertible carseat in DH's car anyway.

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle
    ? 3/3

WTO/TWW
    ? No clue... FF has me at TWW but... see below.

Ages of other child(ren)
    ? 2

? I don't know WTF is going on. My temps are all over the place. FF says I O'd but I only had one day of fertile CM and it wasn't at my typical time. Now my temps are dropping again, and they're not in the range they normally would be during my LP. Maybe an-O cycle?

Any questions
    ? No.

Rant/Rave/Brag
    : Potty training will be the death of me. I don't understand how all these other 2-year-olds are potty trained. It makes me feel like there's something wrong with my kid.

? We haven't been there yet, but Cape Cod is my favorite spot in the whole world! I grew up going there four times a year and I really want to bring DD there.
  • @klmcguire

I think it depends on the dr.  Mine did labs asap and honestly, I'm not sure if its because my first was a MMC or if its standard even after a CP. From my time here, I suspect that there are drs out there that don't recognize CP as MCs. 
  • @riff323 LOL I maybe should have specified not a real hangover... Like, when you have been running so much and then Monday comes and its just an automatic slow down. That kind of hangover lol. 

@prpl11butterfly Thanks. Its hard to figure it all out and not feel dumb about calling and asking ten million questions. 

@marebear15 I have huge kids, so we went to a convertible pretty early, around 7-8 months. 

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle
    ? 4/4

WTO/TWW
    ? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)
    ? 15mo

? Hopeful but realistic. We had decent timing.

Any questions

Rant/Rave/Brag
    : We went to a friends (dinner) party on Sat night with a couple people we met for the first time and there was a newlywed who was like 6 months pregnant with their first. My BFF and I were reminiscing about how much we loved being pregnant as our kiddos were running around, hugging each other and playing so cute together. It was the best - and DH was so great with their DD (she’s a bit older at 18mo). She kept following him around and asking to be picked up and he obliged every time. I loved every second of it! Definitely made me weepy about expanding our family.

? We are crazy and have taken our little guy to a few of our adventures. I’d have to say Hawaii was the best because he had so much fun playing in the pool. The ocean, not so much. He was definitely afraid of the waves coming at him fast.

@marebear15 Our LO is still in the RF bucket seat. He’s on the smaller side and seems to be pretty comfy, but I was still planning on using it until we have to kick him out for the new addition. We just got a convertible for our other car so he’ll be in that RF until he hits the weight/height limit. My friend moved her DD into a FF convertible when she was about 17mo. She’s super tall though and is pretty much at the height limit for the RF bucket. Also, your birthday for DD sounds so cute!! Try not to stress yourself out - it’s a party! Make sure you get to have fun also since it is a party for you also - You kept a human alive for an entire year!! Lol.

@klmcguire It mucst be so much fun to watch the kids play in the waves! I can’t wait until I have my little dude out there with me. Right now I’m the creepy adult out there acting like a kid boogie boarding everywhere.

@riff323 OMG Cape Cod! I went there a lot when I was a kid (grew up in MA). Have you ever been to Martha’s Vineyard or Block Island? We would go to both, but Block Island was our favorite place. We spend so many summer days there. I really miss NE beaches - they are SO much better than CA beaches.
  • @lillywonderland Oh that is totally me too, until DS1 says, "Mom Stop. Let me show you how to do that." He gets all my eye rolls.

• @marebear15:  We swapped DD to a RF convertible just before age 1, when I caught a good sale on carseats.  I think most car seat resources (Car Seats for Littles, etc) suggest that swapping around age 1 is preferred even if they are still well within height/weight, as when their heads get closer to the top of the seat it's not quite as protective, although still considered good "enough."  We will RF until she reaches the limits (40# in one seat, 50# in the other).  I may consider switching to FF at age 3, but likely will go past.  (I'm a big fan of extended RF'ing)  

@klmcguire:  I'm so sorry you're even having to deal with this.  Ugh.

@riff323:  very similar stuff going on with my cycle.  UGH!!!  And I think my temps went haywire because of frequent waking/moving/snuggling/waking up in DD bed.

What number are you trying for?  2

Month/Cycle
    ?  3/3

WTO/TWW
    ?   TWW, maybe?  Really don't know.  Boo.

Ages of other child(ren)
    ?  2 years

?   I was temping and doing OPK.  My O is usually around day 20, and all the sudden OPK went "high" (ClearBlue Advanced) on day 11, but I never caught a "peak" day.  Looking at the lines without the digital reader, definitely got darker and now is lighter again, so maybe LH surge happened?  AND...I messed up my temping with terribly erratic temps and then missed this whole weekend while out of town with girls trip.  Pretty sure we just missed by FW (only HIO once due to travel, etc).  

Any questions
    ?   Just complaining, but not really questioning.  

Rant/Rave/Brag
    :  RANT:  DD has started protesting car seat.  This morning I'm already late and she just refused to get in.  Crazy tears.  Time out.  yelling.  Not proud of my parenting AT ALL.  This is hard.  

?  I love traveling to Chicago with DD.  So much fun stuff to do/look at with her, and we just always have a really laid back time there.  

Month/Cycle
    ? 2/2

WTO/TWW
    ? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)
    ? 11 Months

? I have a good feeling about it, but its all in God's hands.

Any questions
    ? I'll think of something most likely later on today and then forget it again.

Rant/Rave/Brag
    : Really looking forward to going to bed early tonight. Never get to go to sleep early due to staying up late with DH watching movies every night. He likes to stay up late and the run out the door in the morning to get to work. I need to be alert to care for my DD. Also more sleep might help me get KU.

I'm looking forward to just going to Disneyland again. Haven't been in over 20 years and I know alot has changed. I live in Canada, so that makes it a little more difficult to just go.
  • @klmcguire Boo hangover but I hope you had fun getting it.

@marebear15 We moved at 10 months-ish.  I don’t think there is a true benefit.  We switched when he was 1.5 inches from the max, our seat was smaller due to my tiny car. Also, there was a really good sale when we bought the convertible seat. 

@riff323 Good luck potty training, defiantly not looking forward to it.

@lillywonderland  It is so amazing to see the play together.  Over the weekend my little guy and his friend, both turning two this weekend, spent almost a minute saying "poo" back and forth, it was hysterical.

lcking82  Car seat battles can be rough.  Hope you have fun at least on the girls trip.

@ottergirl81 Also team bed early so more sleep.

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle
    ? 3/3

WTO/TWW
    ? WTO CD 11

Ages of other child(ren)
    ? One today but two on Friday!!!

? Just hope it isn’t all spotting like last.

Any questions
    ? From my question last week and thoughts of talking to his doc reminded me I forgot to make his two year well check, whoops. 

Rant/Rave/Brag
    :

Rave - Despite the temper tantrums I am loving this age.  He is still super snuggly but getting more independent.  Two seems so big; I cannot believe it is here.

Rant – Two out of three of my close mom friends here are pregnant.  I feel bad being a bit jelly when we hang out.  One friend doesn’t really have tact and knows we are trying now and how long it took to get pregnant with DS and yet went on and on about how she got pregnant on the first try both times. Even said she wished it would take longer so 'they would have more fun', I just stared at her open mouth.  After a while TTC sex sucks so bad, she has no idea. 

?

Ha, so we have not done a ‘real’ vacation yet with little guy.  All trips have been to go to our hometown, where we stay with my parents in our own rooms.  We were supposed to go on our first trip this weekend but it seems Hurricane Florence has other plans, no beach trip for us.  

• @jhems776 - oh no on the hurricane!  So that means your fam is in harm's way?  

@marebear15 - Jhems comment made me think:  one benefit to swapping to convertible, a lot of them take up less room front-to-back (since they can be less reclined), and you may be able to reclaim more space behind your seat (if that's been an issue...it was for us!!).  We have the Graco Extend to Fit in DH car, and I have a Cosco Scenara Next in mine (which is very compact!!)
  • @jhems776 Rude of your friend for throwing that in your face, and yes TTC sex gets very exhausting! Thought I was the only one who felt that way about it.
  • @jhems776 You friend deserves a nice titty twister. What a rude thing to openly discuss. 

• @lillywonderland I also grew up in MA. I went to Martha's Vineyard once I think, but I was pretty little. We went to the Cape mostly because we were poor and had a grandmother who lived there, hahaha... but I love it there so much! Living in a landlocked state kind of blows. And yes, NE beaches are better than CA ones, hands-down!

@lcking82 I'm sorry about your wonky cycle. I will say it until the day I die: my cycles are clockwork UNTIL I'm TTC and then they just fall apart completely. Maybe it's the stress of TTC.

@ottergirl81 I also need my precious sleep, considering I wake up like every two hours overnight.

@jhems776 oh your friend sounds so lovely. I have a couple of friends like that too, who have never had to try, and it's frustrating as hell to hear them talk about "relaxing" and "letting it happen." Easy for you to say! My mother is like that too. No compassion whatsoever.
  • @icking82 Sorry about the car seat problems. I am not looking forward to little dude getting older. Right now his tantrums  are pretty mild (except when changing his diaper - I have no clue why he prefers to stay in his nasty dirty diaper).

@ottergirl81 I love going to bed early!! It rarely happens nowadays. It always seems like there’s one more thing I need to do before I sleep (ironing/cleaning/laundry/etc).

@jhems776 Your friend sucks. DH actually just told me less than a week ago that he can’t wait to be done TTC so we can have our stress free sex life back. I don’t think he likes the pressure of having to perform on a schedule.

• @marebear15 I started with a convertible and then switched to a bucket at 6mos because they are sooo much easier to put babies into and travel with. Because of that, I think we held on until the last possible moment to switch back to the convertible, when DS's legs were just too long to be contained around 13mos.  

@lcking82 Stubborn toddler woes are REAL, sorry you are dealing with that added stress. I've read this one tactic a lot and have used it on my son of.. "I can see you are upset about 'XYZ', but I need you to do 'XYZ' for '123 reason' or I will pick you up and move your body to 'XYZ'. Rarely does my son comply with doing the action himself but it actually helps me calm down to verbalize very straight-forward what is going to happen so we can move on. 

@jhems776 Happy bday to your LO! Sorry your mom friend is being so uncouth about TTC-talk :( 

What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle
    ? 2/2

WTO/TWW
    ? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)
    ? 4

? Weird. I'm CD9, def not at O yet but I had spotting last night and today with a little EWCM and some mild cramping. I'm guessing maybe anniversary shenanigans may have jarred my cervix a little but it's just odd. I've never had that happen before. 

Any questions
    ? I posted in WTO, but anyone else have weirdo spotting happen before O and go on to have a normal cycle? 

? In my mid/late 20s and early 30s, used to spend a week or two each summer in the Poconos at a shabby old saltbox house on a private lake with friends. It was so relaxing and fun, my dream is that as a family we can either find a place in the NW like that to rent or have a time share at or buy our own someday. 
  • @Icking82 Thanks for the concern. We are not in harm's way, just a ton of rain. We were planing on going to a beach a little bit north of where it is supposed to make landfall though. 
  • What number are you trying for? 4

Month/Cycle
    ? CD 1 today. Whomp whomp. My LP was a whopping 11 days with some spotting two days before. Ugh. 11 months, 6 benched 

WTO/TWW
    ? WTO 

Ages of other child(ren)
    ? 2 years old, forever 22 weeks, and forever 29 weeks 

? Just the normal cd1 blues 

Any questions
    ? Nope 

Rant/Rave/Brag
    : DD has been such a chatter bug. I’m really enjoying her little sentences. She’s so good with other kids and babies. My heart hurts that she may never get the chance to be a sibling. Especially since I stay home with her during the week. I think she needs more kid interaction. 

? We have yet to take DD anywhere overnight. I know...it’s been two years, it’s time, but last year was kind of a complete disaster. We finally planned a trip to Chicago next month to see Sesame Street live. I even bought tickets to the pre-show so she can’t meet them. We hope to hit up the shed aquarium and maybe the Lincoln park zoo and Maggie Daley park as well. It will be our first air bnb experience. 
  • @jhems776 your friend sucks. 
  • @meatballs37 I'm sorry for CD1. :( And why rush taking her overnight? It kind of blows! None of you will sleep well! I feel like vacations are more fun when kids are older, but that may just be an UO.
  • What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle
    ? 2 after benching

WTO/TWW
    ? Wto

Ages of other child(ren)
    ? DD is 7 and ds is 5

?   Due to illness and life, if I O soon, this cycle is shot. 

Any questions
    ? No

Rant/Rave/Brag
    : last week was the first week of school, and it went amazing.  The principal had been trying to talk me into sending DS to a school for behavioral issues and special needs, and I put my foot down and said no, he did fantastic!  I know it is 1 week, but if 1 week can go well, there is a chance they all can go well.  

?
    We have only been to the ocean a few times, but my kids are earning "Mickey nickels" for good behavior to go to Disney world.

@klmcquire .tw......
     After my first loss, I had to have a lot of extra ultrasounds, but my loss was second trimester. Then, I probably had a CP, so after that, I had to have betas when I was pregnant with DS.  With my most recent pregnancy, he wasbwa going to do anything different, except an early ultrasound, since I used clomid.   I personally will not get betas done, if I have any say in the matter (I may not, since I had a molar pregnancy.) I honestly think they cause more stress . 

• @riff323 - My daycare starts potty training at 23 months. I'm terrified, but glad that they will be helping me.

@klmcguire - I know what you mean about the non-alcoholic Monday morning hangover. It does help when I get somewhat ahead in my chores and the morning goes by smoothly.

@ottergirl81 - I want to go to WDW when DD gets a little older. I've only been once, but I want to see it through my child's eyes.

@lcking82 - Oooh! I like the possibility of a convertible giving me back my front seat! Maybe I will do it soon. 

@mamanbebe - I have spotting during my O sometimes. Could you be Oing early?

@meatballs37 - Sorry about CD1. I can't wait until DD starts talking! She babbles, but doesn't say but 3 or so words.

@holly321 - I'm glad your DS had a good first week at school. That principal should just shut up and watch how your kid is doing.
  • @marebear15 We switched between 10-11 months when he was starting to look kinda squished and we were no longer wanting to carry it.  

@jhems776 I'm so sorry about your friend's comments.  It is so hurtful coming from people who have no idea what it is like.  I recently had a friend get KU with her first before even fully trying and she knows we are struggling and she looked at me and said I honestly think there is something to not even trying!  As if she is suddenly an expert now.  They have no idea how much it stings and unfortunately for us the majority of the population will never understand.  Hugs.

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle
    ? 11/12

WTO/TWW
    ?  WTO

Ages of other child(ren)
    ?  20 months

?  Meh.  Last cycle was torture on a whole new level so I'm trying to keep more calm about the whole treatment cycle this time around.  Last dose of Clomid tonight and then the IUI timing game is on.  

Any questions
    ? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag
    :  Rave - We just had the best weekend with our son up north.  The weather was absolutely perfect and we had so much fun riding bikes, going to the beach, checking out fun restaurants, etc...  Now I'm back to reality and blah.

?  Honestly, Traverse City (where we just were) is my favorite easy vacation spot, more specifically Sleeping Bear Dunes is my happy place.
  • @marebear15:  definitely look for seats with a short back-to-front size so you can continue rear-facing for awhile.  The Cosco Scenara Next has been a dream for travel, too (It's super lightweight, and I have been able to get a good intall with seatbelt in every car (rental, relative, etc) I've tried it in.  Rear-faces until 40#, too.

@meatballs37:  I LOVE Maggie Daley park with my toddler!  The playgrounds are amazing, and she just runs wild!  All of Millenium park is fun to explore with a little!  (And FREE!!!)

@jhems776:  agree with all above, your friend sucks.  Boo to her.  
  • @Sparty18 your friend also needs a reality check. Ugh. I've had people say crap like that to me too and it makes me want to flip out and scream. Glad you had a great trip!

Month/Cycle
    ? 9/10

WTO/TWW
    ? wto

Ages of other child(ren)
    ? 6

? nothing yet

Any questions
    ? Those with older children, do you offer rewards for chores? Those with younger children do you plan on offering rewards?

Rant/Rave/Brag
    : nothing really to complain or Brag about. 

? My dream family vacation would probably be to a beach resort or a cruise. 

I'll come back later to get in on this popping thread. 
  • @riff323 I think that’s kinda why we haven’t brought her anywhere overnight because she doesn’t sleep that great at home. So it would be a lot of work. But I’m hoping this outing is what our family needs after a shitty year. Luckily it’s just two overnights and not a long trip. 

@lcking82 I am hoping it isn’t too cold to go to Maggie Daley park! Confession: I kinda want to play on it
  • @meatballs37 I hope you have a wonderful time!
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm We do a weekly chore reward. DS1 (also 6) is in charge of the below items. If he does them all and I don't have to nag him about it then I give him $5 at the end of the week.

feed cats/dogs
    keep water bowl filled
    makeup bed
    separate clean clothes (I haven't braved letting him fold them yet)

Saturday is my cleaning day and these are saturday chores:
    clean playroom 
    pickup toys 

• @Sparty18 I’m glad you had a great time on vacation! Reality sucks. I like the version of myself on vacation so much better, lol. I hope this cycle is easier for you (and not so much torture). 

@asupernovablizzardstorm I’m not planning on doing any physical (ie toy) rewards. Ideally our LO will have a set of chores that he is expected to do with no rewards. Eventually he’ll get an allowance (around 5yo) as long as he can do his chores weekly and any extras that we ask of him. In the beginning I just want him to learn to help contribute to the household (lol).
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm DS is 4+ and no chores required at this point. Typically he likes helping out with certain tasks around the house, so we include him when he's willing. He also goes to a montessori school and many of the activities involve cleaning, food prep, cooking, etc, and they stress that things be put away in certain areas and in original condition so that other friends can find and use them later. At this point I do not plan on creating a reward system but if he becomes unwilling to help with household stuff in the future I may change my mind. 
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO (CD 16)

Ages of other child(ren)? 1

Any thoughts about this cycle?   Not feeling great. I've been having a ton of cramping and weird pains in my ute and with my past history, I just decided to make an appt with my OB. I already know I have fibroids and endo so I want to see if we should realistically keep trying on our own or seek help sooner rather than later. 

Any questions? Not yet 

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS started walking this week! It happened so quickly and out of the blue that we weren't quite prepared, but it's very exciting! 

GTKY: Favorite family vacation spot or dream vacation (if you have yet to take a family vacation)?
    I have so many ideas for a dream vacation it would be tough to pick one lol. I'll be excited to do Disney when our kid(s) are older. But if I had to pick a trip right now for just me and DH, I would love to go to Italy. I've been a few times but DH hasn't and I know he would looove it!
  • @Sparty18 - Where up north did you go? I want to take DD up north for a good fall trip because we hardly get fall down here in the south.

@lcking82 - What kind of car do you have? I have a Toyota Corolla, so my front seat has very little room in front of it right now and I would love a RF that didn't take up much space.

@asupernovablizzardstorm - Growing up, we got our "allowance" only if we had done our daily chores without complaining and our Saturday chore on time. I think it helped because we learned that we work for our money and how to save and spend, etc. We also had a list of extra chores that had a dollar amount beside it. So if we wanted a little extra spending money, we'd clean out the fridge or dust the baseboards.

@mrsjqg1024 - Walking is a huge milestone!! Now comes the fun of chasing after him, lol.
  • @marebear15 So, we actually live in Michigan which I'm sure you already consider "up north" lol, but in Michigan we call anything in the northern part of the state "up north."  We went to Traverse City, I love it up there.  
  • @marebear15:  I have a Honda Civic sedan, which has not been too bad to fit a carseat in.  However, my DH's old Mazda 3 was HARD to fit a carseat behind a front seat (I think the seatback angles were wonky).  The Graco Extend2Fit actually worked in his car better than the Chicco Keyfit (with base) did.  When the infant Chicco was in, I had to ride with the knees in the dashboard/glovebox.  
  • @Sparty18 - I lived in Ohio/Michigan region once upon a time, so I remember vacations to the U.P. Those were so fun, but we never went to Traverse City. 

@lcking82 - The Graco Extend2Fit is the one I have in my Amazon cart. Just haven't clicked buy yet, but I'm glad to know that it gives a little more room than the infant car seat!