December 2018 Moms
Options

Bed rest for short cervix

Hi ladies my name is Meghan. I'm from Jensen beach florida and pregnant with my first baby! I'm 28wks pregnant and dr found that my cervix is shortening and was dialated to a 1cm. I am now on bed rest no contractions and baby is healthy and active in belly :) I am though concerned about my lower back.... not sure if it's just my bed and me being contained to my bed but it hurts. Like achy and I've been laying down way to long. Any suggestions on what to do for sore back while on bedrest? I have an appt with my dr agian on Monday for a FFN and another ultrasound! Praying my cervix grows to where I'm in the safe zone and not have to worry about pre term labor! 

Re: Bed rest for short cervix

• Options
    Hi @megivy90- sorry you are having some problems with your pregnancy.  
    We have a thread already devoted to bed rest which you can find here

I would also suggest you get involved in the other threads we have going, as we are a community here and appreciate some give and take.  Hopefully your cervix cooperates and grows!
  • Options
    Hi and welcome! I’m sorry you have found yourself in bed rest and I hope everything turns out well for you and baby. I don’t have advice but wanted to point you in the direction of “The bed rest thread” a little ways down. There are several ladies in your exact situation and you’ll find more support and info in that thread then making your own. 
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg