October 2018 Moms

September Accomplishments

Whether the accomplishment is small (I got out of bed and went to work every day last week!) or big (I made a freezers’ worth of meals!), let us celebrate your success with you!

Re: September Accomplishments

• Loading the player...
  • Finally finished putting together DS's bed. It's from IKEA so of course it came in 1 million boxes lol. It's a great loft bed with its own dresser and a desk underneath. Perfect for doing his homework in his room without disruption from his sisters. His old dresser is now in the baby's room. If only we had some actual clothes to put in it lol. Going shopping for a few things today after my appointment. 
  • Seems like the more I try to get stuff checked off the list, the more pops up, or nothing works out right so it adds more or delays it. Getting frustrated. 

I did however clean our embarrassingly dirty oven yesterday, and it was pretty much the hardest thing I've ever done. So I feel accomplished about that.
  • @knottieamusements that's how I feel about everything I clean. I get it all nice, then turn around and it's messed up again. So pointless....
  • @rabtaido1214 that is seriously impressive! 

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• @KFrob way to go! I'm tired just reading that! 

We were suppose to do a yard sale but it rained all weekend. We did managed to get all baby girls clothes washed, folded and organized and the same with DS. I now have a couple totes that I'm going to bring to Kid2Kid tomorrow. 

The nursery/playroom is almost cleaned out so I can start setting that up next week!
  • I got my car detailed and rearranged the kids, hopefully we can make it work with 3 accross.  I"m at least attempting because I'm ready to walk in to a dealer and trade in my car.

I also have in my possession a Halo bassinet, RNP, and boppy (borrowed from my brother) and a ton of diapers.  I've bought the car seat and have an ergo.  We're going for minimalism with #3 so aside from a stroller and diaper changing pad, I think we're ready with gear.  This upcoming weekend I"m planning on freezer meals.  Never did it before, but can't hurt.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @tropical1982 getting my car detailed is on my list! It seems there is not a vacuum strong enough in this world to get the dog hair our of my car, so paying someone has becoming my only option. 
  • cagncoo12 said:
    @tropical1982 getting my car detailed is on my list! It seems there is not a vacuum strong enough in this world to get the dog hair our of my car, so paying someone has becoming my only option. 
    @cagncoo12 in my experience with two kids - I've figured out I will have to get my car detailed at least every 6 months.  It's too dang hot to do it myself and we travel enough to need it.  Funny thing when I was dropping off my car this weekend, the intake person was a lady and asked - "are you getting ready for the baby?" Yup!  You get me! lol  I didn't feel so judged she understood my struggle.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Finished all the thank-you cards, returned a couple of unneeded gifts, and made a list of things I need to accomplish before October 22nd (lol, it counts)