Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL W/O 9/10

Happy Monday! I know we still have conversations going in the 9/3 post, but I thought it was time to start a fresh one... 

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: I'm going to keep it light-hearted today. I watched a movie over the weekend and they asked this question and it made me laugh. Would you rather drink only water for the rest of your life or any beverage you want but it has to have a small amount of pee in it? 

Re: TTCAL W/O 9/10

• Loading the player...
  • Just chiming in about progesterone really quick. Three of our MFM’s also told us that progesterone doesn’t do a whole lot from preventing a miscarriage. They do however give it to women pregnant with singletons who have an incompetent cervix and studies have shown it helps with that. Especially women who are too far along to have a cerclage done. I’m guessing if I ever get pregnant again, they will put me on it. 

I will pop back in tomorrow and catch up some more. 
  • @coco2787 @kgg2241 @holly321 Thanks ya'll. I figured that was the case, but I am so glad for the extra insight! 
  • coco2787coco2787 member
    edited September 2018
    whoops double post
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • I swear the bump keeps eating all my posts...

@jrm_14, I am so, so sorry for your lost.
  • @jrm_14 I’m so sorry for both of your losses. To have hope lost in a double whammy is just so unfair. 
  • @jrm_14 I am so so sorry for your losses and what you are going through. Sending lots of hugs. I know this will be a tough week for you -- we're here if you need us. 

@rds51510 It sounds like a really rough week and upcoming week for you. I'm sorry about the EDD coming up. Hopefully, you can either stay busy at work to keep your mind off of it... or take some time to relax and process. Both sound equally acceptable to me.  
  • projectaliceprojectalice member
    edited September 2018

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

I've been on the bump a very long time, but only on this screen name since last year I think. I am going to try to be more consistent with checking in. 

This is going to be my third loss. My first was a blighted ovum, second was a mmc in March this year from triploidy at 12 weeks, and now it looks like I'm having a chemical pregnancy (I'm hoping and assuming it's not ectopic). I really can't believe this is happening again. But I had a feeling something wasn't right from the beginning...

Status: my pregnancy tests are so faint now you can barely see anything at all. I had to really tilt and squint. I quit taking my progesterone and I'm waiting to start bleeding. I won't even be able to try again this cycle because I'm going out of town without my husband on the 20th. 

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? 

I just... can't believe we're doing this again. I guess at least I didn't see a heartbeat and a baby this time. :/ 

What is going well for you this week? Nothing really it seems.  

R/R? Just a bit depressed right now. :( I was supposed to be giving birth 10 days from now. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Follow up hcg draw Thursday, and a discussion with my doctor. Maybe I'll mention an hsg? 

GTKY: I'm going to keep it light-hearted today. I watched a movie over the weekend and they asked this question and it made me laugh. Would you rather drink only water for the rest of your life or any beverage you want but it has to have a small amount of pee in it? 

Uhhhh water is fine. 

• @jrm_14  my heart breaks to see you back here. I am so very sorry lot your losses

@prpl11butterfly I’m sorry for the crappy few weeks...eat all the meatballs! But seriously, be kind to yourself you’ve been thru so much this year 
    @coco2787 I’m sorry you find yourself here after a year of trying too, it’s rough. I hope your body cooperated so you can avoid surgery/the bench!
    @kgg2241  I am also thankful when work is busy to keep my worries away. Although this week is just too busy I think I’m worrying more lol
    @klmcguire I’m sorry for your loss. A few others have mentioned there’s not a lot of things a doctor could do to prevent a loss, some believe in progesterone, but after my last loss I would highly recommend having a conversation with your dr TW* in my case it just prolonged my loss and prevented my body from handling it naturally end TW*
    @holly321 sorry you are having a tough time this week with all you’ve been through i can’t imagine. (Hugs)

• Hugs @prpl11butterfly I had the exact same things happen to me this year it seems. I'm hoping you get some good news soon and your appt goes well. Fx :(

@kgg2241 FX that you had good timing!

@coco2787 hugs to you too. I could use one. 

@jrm_14 I would think they would be reasonable and allow you to take some unpaid leave at the least! Seems unreasonable not to. :(

• @prpl11butterfly I hope the counseling appointment went okay. I spent a year in counseling for non-MC reasons and found it helpful. I hope you find the outlet you need. Sometimes I think most people would do well to try it!

@jrm_14 I am so sorry about your great loss. I wish for you to find some peace while you recover. That sucks that you have to juggle your work schedule and are running out of PTO. I don't know your work situation but is it possible to ask for an exception to avoid unpaid days? What about bereavement days? Surely, there aren't limits to those.

@kgg2241- thanks. Being busy at work helps. The people here at work don't know anything about my TTC journey but they are a funny group that make me laugh. And my H helps too although he doesn't relate well to my over-analyzing of things.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• @projectalice I am so sorry to see you back over here. I am hoping that this month goes by quick for you. 

• @rds51510 I'm sorry about the upcoming due date.  No need to apologize for being a downer, we all have our good days and bad days around here <3

@projectalice oh friend, I'm so sorry this is happening yet again.  It's so unfair.   I hope we can offer you the support you need while you go through another heartbreaking loss.  I hate that so many ladies in this group have experienced RPL :heartbreak:

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • @meatballs37 YES EXACTLY.  Also, that's the thing, when I asked why.. Their best answer was for dating reasons. I mean I get it if it were a loss that was a little later, but it was a CP and I know my cycle better than anyone, you dont need my LMP for dating. I can give you all the info you need. So I went ahead with it anyways. I do understand that you should probably give your body time, but if this happens more than once, then I am cutting my time down to only getting to "try" a couple of times a year. 

Obv. I am butt hurt and emotional about this lol.

• @klmcguire I’ve had two CPs and was never told to wait, we just counted the day I started bleeding as CD1. 

@meatballs37 ugh sorry about AF being awful, probably not a bad idea to talk to the doc, especially if you have a short LP too.   I can’t even imagine how hard these next couple of months are going to be for you and your family.   I hope you can lean on us for support, but I’d understand you needing to take a step back during that time.  You guys will be in my thoughts <3 

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Thank you everyone. I'm going to ask my doctor tomorrow about getting some testing done. I wondered if maybe my lining wasn't thick enough? I was put on clomid but didn't have ultrasounds, so I'm wondering if it thinned my lining... I'll discuss that with him tomorrow as well. 

@meatballs37 I was SO ANGRY that she wouldn't apologize and then just ignored everyone and carried on like nothing happened!! I can't curse on the bump, but what a *****!!! :angry:
    I'm also so sorry to hear about your losses and the difficult milestones coming up... :disappointed: It is totally understandable if you take a couple months off.

@klmcguire I don't blame you and I wouldn't worry about dating reasons either. I know what you mean about it cutting down your chances to try. 

@zamora_spin good luck with your cycle!! Fx for you!
  • @projectalice and @meatballs37 I didn't participate in the conversation, but I read it. OMG. Silver lining to CD1 - I don't have to share a BMB with her. 
  • @jrm_14 I am so so sorry. Sending you loys of creepy internet hugs :heart:

@projectalice I'm sorry your finding yourself back as well. Looks like we've managed stick to the same MO here.
  • @coco2787 that's exactly what I did and had a "normal" cycle.
  • coco2787coco2787 member
    edited September 2018
    I love both of those ideas @meatballs37.  Maybe in that thread people can share things like u/s pictures, memorials they've made, tattoos, that sort of thing.  We could also do a wave of light, everyone lights candles at 7 pm (and we can share pictures of our candles or something).  

I just realized I never responded to you @holly321.  I'm sorry things are tough right now, grief often comes in waves (as I'm sure you know).  I hope you can find some time to visit the orchard and maybe find some peace <3

@zamora_spin that meme is perfect.  I'm glad things are finally getting started for you!  The waiting game is always the worst.  Hopefully the med delay doesn't cause any setbacks.  

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • @coco2787 I totally hear you on the BMB thing. I was once a part of April '14 and looking back I was so naive about everything. I absolutely want other newly pregnant peeps to enjoy their announcements and things but it's really hard for me to read them. It's also hard to watch newly TTC excitement, even though it's absolutely normal and right for them to be excited. I feel much more comfort with other TTCAL ladies. I suppose that doesn't sound very supportive, but I'm usually on a fine line where I could get emotional pretty easily on this subject.

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

TTCAL May 2018

•  But I’m tired of not doing what feels right for my boys to make others feel comfortable. 

:::ugh stuck in the box::
    @meatballs37 I totally hear you on this. My MIL just brushes it off and said a few things where my response was:  I just lost my baby and I'm pretty (bleeping) sad about it. I don't want to explain myself to a bunch of people constantly but I don't want to pretend everything is okay. It's not okay. I'm not okay.

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

TTCAL May 2018