M/C 06/09/2011
DS 05/29/2013
M/C 02/14/2017 
M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: PGAL Check In 9/7

• Doing pretty well this week! Feel like I'm starting to get more "when baby comes" rather than "if" in my inner monologue. That's nice.

Next appt. is the A/S & OB follow-up next Friday. Omg waiting is straight up torture. Trying to talk my nerves down by telling myself that even women who aren't PGAL are nervous for this one. It kind of sometimes works.

Partial rant partial self-rave lol. My family feels pretty entitled to attending the A/S. I understand wanting to see her, hopefully she's going to ham it up and thumb suck & somersault & everything, but it's just feeling like a really intimate moment for my partner and I. I was paranoid AF before the first U/S because I had an overnight loss of symptoms, so I moved it up & SO couldn't go w/such short notice for work. So just feeling like it'll be time for us to meet our little girl & the first time he gets to see her.

The self-rave part is that I usually give in to family or tell them what they want to hear just so I don't have to deal with it - not this time! I just drew the line, said exactly what I outlined above and they were pretty accepting. Disappointed for sure, and requesting as many pics as humanly possible (understandably) but it was a proud moment that I was able to keep it real and draw my boundaries. And a bonus that I feel like they respected that.
  • @kianarain that's great! 

I too am feeling somewhat better, especially now because she's really starting to kick and move. I can feel her thump away a lot and it's reassuring. Our A/S is next week and I'm so excited; mostly because thus far, every scan or doppler has been an event. From the very beginning of her hiding behind my bladder to just this past Wednesday when she kicked the doppler in the midwife's hand, I expect shenanigans and it'll be fun for DH to see it all. I'm debating taking DS, I'm afraid he'll get bored but he might have fun with it. My anxiety is also lessening as we get stuff done around the house and I feel more prepared. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • @ladystout08 haha our little girl kicked the midwife too for our last appointment!! She had a big "don't be worried if it takes a little while to find the heartbeat" speech (she knows I worry) and then right when she puts the doppler on my belly THUMP. Hehehe so much attitude already, I love it.
  • @kianarain good for you for putting your foot down! I can’t imagine having a bunch of family in there for the A/S. This time it was just me and DS, and I only brought him because I couldn’t find a sitter. I feel like more people would be distracting for the tech and for you. 

I’m feeling good. Baby is moving a ton. They had me take my glucose test early because I failed the one hour spectacularly last time, passed the three, and then went on to have a 10lb 5oz baby. I passed!! I’m so relieved. They want me to do it again at 28 weeks but I’m much less worried than I was. I’ve been having headaches and leg cramps and my doc thinks it’s dehydration so I’m trying to amp up my water drinking.

were trying to sell our house and are having another open house tomorrow. Cross your fingers for us!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How's everyone doing? super tired
    When's your next appointment? 9/14 just regular check up
    R/R/Q? I'm not used to being this tired... any STM's here? Is it normal to be so pooped at 22 weeks?
    kianarain its so great you put your foot down! Family will see baby tons when she arrives! And it HAS been really special to have these scans be just me and hubs. I considered having my mom come (and i know she would love to) but after all we have gone through to get to this point i almost feel like its better like this. And also I do have some fear that if something was wrong and my mom was there to witness it, it would just be more devastating. And then id have to deal with my own sorrow and trying to manage hers.
    ladystout08 So glad your anxiety is lessening!!! 
    julesf817 hope you keep passing these glucose tests! And god luck with the open house!! 

• I had debated about bringing my mom to our A/S after lurking somewhere (can't remember where) about how many people wished they had brought their mom.  @dragonette505 I had I same exact reasoning and fear about if something bad happened I'd have to comfort her,  or wouldn't have the space to manage my feelings like I did when we learned my last pregnancy was ectopic.  It would have broken my mom's heart to see me like that. 

But with all that to say I decided to invite her anyway and i'm really glad I did.  It meant a lot to her.  I have siblings and she was never invited to theirs or had one herself and she really loved that I thought of her. I was happy I could share that with her.  
  • @galactickates good for you, I'm glad you had a good experience bringing your mama! I wanted to share that with mine so bad, and for the first pregnancy I did bring her. I was measuring behind and just felt this radiation of anxious energy from my mom when I was trying to hold it together. (*TW* lost the baby three days after that appt *end TW*) 

This time around, I went alone for the first U/S (I was nervous about it beforehand and definitely bummed I wasn't able to share it with SO, but it was weirdly comforting to be just me) & it'll be just my partner for the A/S on Friday. It definitely took that appointment with her to know how much I value time to digest things with my partner before looping everyone in. And just like @dragonette505 said, I spent my time comforting her instead of focusing on the priority, which ain't coo. 
  • Im feeling more confident about this pregnancy every day. I think it's partly due to the increased movement,  partly because of how many people now know.
    Im currently waiting for my fetal echocardiogram to be scheduled. I have a general ob appointment on 9/14. 
    My rant is i've called twice to schedule the echo over a span of 12 days and have had no success. Wtf office they said fyi schedule it within 2 weeks. I would have pursued it more aggressively if I hadn't been on vacation.
    My rave is I feel so good after all the exercise I got on vacation,  I'm feeling confident about keeping it up for the rest of the pregnancy.
    I have so many questions but of course I can't think of any now. 
  • The day before appointment anxiety is setting in. Does it ever stop? Tomorrow is my A/S so I think I'm extra nervous. We've seen her before and everything appeared "normal" and NIPT was low risk but so, much, anxiety. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • @ladystout08 I feel the EXACT same way (ours is on Friday) -- all other tests have looked great, but I am doom and gloom, still "if"ing everything, even worried about backing out of plans this weekend (if things didn't go well). Try to reassure yourself with the time that everything DID go well (with your son!) and distract yourself with other plans (this is what I'm doing, anyhow)

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• @wkuandrea Luckily I don't have plans this weekend so I'm set there, haha but yeah. I'm sorry but grateful I'm not alone in my anxious thinking. Hopefully time flies and Friday is here before you know it and you get great news! 

TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • probably only reassuring to us data types, but "Approximately 1 to 5 percent of pregnancies are lost at 13 to 19 weeks' gestation, whereas stillbirth occurs in 0.3 percent of pregnancies at 20 to 27 weeks' gestation, a rate similar to that of third trimester stillbirth". So while there's always a chance of something terrible happening, that chance is REALLY low. We're all hangin' in there! 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• @ladystout08 & @wkuandrea I hang out on the PAIF board sometimes and the ladies there are always talking about their pre-appointment anxiety. I'm sure it is the same for PGAL. I hear from others further along that it lessens as the weeks go by but there is always some anxiety lurking in the background. I hope both your scans go well and you get great shots of your LOs to share! 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Thanks @tosh24 !

TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • @ms_stevens87 I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure a lot of women in this thread absolutely understand the feeling (me included) of the anxiety that seeps into what should be a blissful time because of a previous loss. My miscarriage was in April this year (a few days before my birthday to boot), and we saw the heartbeat 3 days before. Everything was perfect, until it wasn't. I was only 7 weeks, so I take some comfort in knowing I'm in the "safety zone" - but it's hard for me to deal with the fact that it's never 100% guaranteed.

I see a therapist to manage my anxiety with this pregnancy, and it's helped a ton. I allow myself to connect more with baby than I did before I started therapy, and have begun to say "when" instead of "if" when thinking about having her home with us. Of course, to each their own - but I would highly recommend it if that's something that works for you. I've also found these threads to be enormously helpful; like I said - we've all experienced the pain that comes with miscarriage, and just being able to share & hear other people's stories makes me feel less alone. <3<3 
  • @kianarain I also saw the baby’s heartbeat shortly before having my miscarriage as well. It most certainly makes me appreciate this little girl that much more. I’ve tried traditional therapy for my anxiety, it doesn’t help as much as I would like. Talking and sharing with people who’ve been thru similar events has tho. Which is why I finally posted here. I’ve been a big time lurker. I hope everything continues to go well with this pregnancy for you and all the other fellow bumpies! When are you due? I also try to use positive language. I’ve even started her nursery 
  • @ms_stevens87 I'm so glad you posted! It really is so helpful to have all the support that I've found on here. 

I'm due 1/31, so last in everything on this board haha. But have a feeling (/hope) that she might be a little early, I think she's going to be a big girl. When's your due date?! I just moved, so just unpacking the last of the boxes and then moving on to nursery :love: I have started a registry though! It was my cheater way of beginning the process without stockpiling even more stuff to move. 
  • edited September 2018
    @kianarain I’m due 1/26 so I’m not to far ahead of you. Definitely sucks waiting to joint the rest of the group when they’ve hit 2nd tri and 20 weeks. I started my registry once I hit second trimester. I love going to buy buy baby. Even tho it’s very hard not to want to buy everything all the time. Trying to hold off on buying anything more until after my shower which isn’t until November 4th. I have bought her furniture and a few onesies. 
  • @ms_stevens87 we don't have a buy buy baby here! But I've heard great things and I'm jealous. I'm starting with the Target/Amazon route, and will diversify from there lol. 
  • @kianarain You should check and see if they deliver where you live bc you can always do online too. I miss babies R us. It was nice to have two different baby specific stores. I get easily distracted so I’ve tried to stay off Amazon absolutely out of target. Lol 
  • @ms_stevens87 I'm so sorry to hear about your prior loss and past experiences, but glad that you've found a community here that can empathize with feelings surrounding loss. I had an ectopic pregnancy in January, and 8 years ago had a pregnancy that ended right before 20 weeks due to placental abruption. I made it to the 20 week mark today and feels like an incredible milestone -- but of course I'm still nervous for our A/S this Friday (all other tests have been great). I'm so happy to hear that this pregnancy has been going well for you! 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• 20+2 today and just had my A/S this morning. Looks like little brother has all his parts and is measuring on track, but the US tech was quiet when taking the heart measurements. Up until the she was telling me that the umbilical insertion was normal, the fluid level was normal, etc.. I'm hoping that it's just me over-worrying, but I don't have an OB appt for another 2 weeks and ultrasounds make me uber nervous since my loss was discovered at my dating ultrasound in Feb.. With DD, I had an appt to review the results right after the A/S, so this is torture.

The good thing is that DH was able to come with me this time and is an MD.. He's not a radiologist or OB/GYN, but he did say that he didn't notice anything grossly wrong, and he has certainly looked at more ultrasounds than me, so I'll latch on to that small shred of comfort for now. 

Otherwise, I'm doing ok.. feeling little brother move every day now, which is good. But I still feel like I'm never going to be completely out of the woods. My good friend had a totally uncomplicated pregnancy and her 6 week old is now being evaluated for liver dysfunction.. At first, it's like "I'll feel better once I hit the second tri", then "I'll feel better when I have the A/S" or "when I make it to 24 weeks" or "when the baby is born". I guess there is always something, but then again that's life. Sorry for the rant.. just trying to manage my anxiety today and failing.. gah. 
  • @wkuandrea my anatomy scan is also this Friday, I will be thinking of you! :)

@Mandamay1414 the control freak in me thinks of that often and cringes. Why can't we have a "as long as you do this, then there is a 100% chance all will be fine"... Lol I'm going to need to learn to let that go, but easier said than done. 
  •  Well she’s now breech which explains the kicking sensation in my butthole last night. She had her back to us so we couldn’t see her heart or face, got most other measurements though and the tech didn’t run out to get the MFM so I assume everything is normal. Go back in a couple of weeks to try and get what we missed. She’s now thoroughly pissed and kicking the daylights out of me. So mostly good anatomy scan?
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • @wkuandrea I appreciate how welcoming everyone has been on here. It helps a lot that everyone here at least understands and empathizes for each other. I’ll definitely be thinking about you and your upcoming AS. Hoping your baby will be “unremarkable”. And very sorry for both of your losses. Hoping this pregnancy continues to go well for you too. @Mandamay1414 I never truly relax. As soon as I do my brain starts going and I have the next “milestone” in my head to reach. So I totally relate to exactly what you said. @ladystout08  My baby girl is breech too and was being stubborn at my AS. she wouldn’t cooperate with the tech but got right into position for the mfm dr. I think it was bc the dr was male. She’s very active and responsive whenever her dad talks or any other males. She only moves for me when I shut up. Lol hope it’s not a look to the future. 
  • @ms_stevens87 what a story you have,  thanks for sharing it with us!  
  • @ersh1010 Absolutely! Glad to have people who appreciate where I’ve been to get where I am now. I never thought being a mom was possible for me. So I’m over the moon about this little baby I feel bouncing around. 
  • Wow @ms_stevens87 you’ve been through so much! I’m glad you feel comfortable enough to share with us, welcome!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @julesf817 Thank you! I do feel very comfortable. I know everybody has their own stories and Ive been lurking for quite some time. I’ve watched how you’ve all supported each other and thought it was finally time. ❤️
  • @kianarain - Congrats on setting the boundaries and focusing on what’s best for you and SO, not just what everyone else wants. That can be such a hard, but important, transition to make!

@julesf817 - Congrats on passing the glucose test! I did an early one (and passed), but have a second coming up next month around 28 weeks. GL getting the house sold.

@dragonette505 I’m with you on being super tired. Not sure if it’s the weather, the minor cold I’ve been fighting since Labor Day, or the pregnancy but dang I am hardly able to do anything in the evenings after work right now.

@galactickates Glad you had a good A/S and it was a good experience to have your mom there!

@ersh1010 It’s great to hear so many of us are feeling regular movement now, and def helping with all of our anxiety levels. GL with the fetal echocardiogram, hope you get in soon!!

@ms_stevens87 Welcome to our PGAL group. Sorry for the troubles you’ve had in the past, I hope you have a continued boring second half of pregnancy :) Kind of like you, I had an emergency D&C after a missed miscarriage in Feb’18. Very hard not to be anxious with that history, but I can’t imagine how much additional stress the cancer and accident would add.

@mandamay1414 That delay would kill me too - FX everything is fine. At my a/s LO was moving so much they couldn’t get a good picture of her heart, so I had to go back for a fetal echocardiogram. It seems like there are several of us on this board who had that kind of experience, so hopefully worst case scenario that’s all it is.

@ladystout08 Glad you had a good A/S! And hopefully she stops kicking your butt soon ;) Hopefully you get some good pics in a couple weeks. Are you doing 2D or 3D scans?

AFM I'm doing well. Anxiety is way down since fetal echocardiogram is over and everything looked good, and since I'm feeling her several times a day now. Now feeling like I have way too much to catch up on because I have been procrastinating and feeling too nervous to get anything done. My goal is to order furniture (crib and chair) this month and start getting non-registry stuff we're putting in her nursery (changing the light fixture, etc.).

Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• They just called and scheduled my U/S and luckily(?) they had a spot right before my next OB appointment so I'll do both back to back. @Kabazaba 2D but I wonder if they may do 3D now that they've identified the EIF on her heart. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • @ms_stevens87 welcome! While PGAL is a tough nut, we're glad to help you crack it. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • @wkuandrea how did your A/S go?
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • @ladystout08 Thanks. I’m looking forward to getting to know everybody better as we bump along 
  • @ladystout08 AS went really well! She looked perfect and was well behaved so they could measure everything as much as they wanted to. Heart, brain, kidneys, all the bones, everything looked great! MFM was super weird, not going back to them 😂 was very odd about questions and plans around my existing conditions. But healthy baby, and I’m pretty healthy too ;)

Andrea -- FTM at 39!