Infertility

Sep 2018 FET

Re: Sep 2018 FET

• Thanks everyone! Everything went well. We transferred a B+ embryo. It was already hatched and ready to implant in 24-48 hours. Just woke up from a Valium induced nap and take my it easy the rest of the day. I go back on Monday so they can check my estrogen and progesterone levels. Then beta on the 16th or 17th. Embryo pic in spoiler. 

• Good to know it went well @J1006. Nice that they shared pic of embryo. Good luck with 2 week wait. 

My nurse just messaged me saying I am all set for Wednesday transfer. Starting PIO tomorrow
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on the transfer @j1006!  Go embie go!! Snuggle in! :)
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• @mrsyng and @chamomile-2 good luck with your transfers on Monday. I am going to be off for the weekend so wishing u early.
  • @bkatp thanks!! I’m patiently waiting for Monday to finally roll around. Today was the longest day every at work! :) 
  • Sorry I missed to wish you GL on your transfer @J1006 but glad it went well, I have been really busy with work, TGIF! so your Lab grades with (+/-) signs,mine too and I was really lost when i was sharing my embies grades that made it to freeze in my IVF forum. So they don't have alphanumeric grades? I am asking that because for my fresh transfer they told me that it was a 4AA, but for the frozen ones the grades they gave weren't alpha numeric so I'm more confused how they grade these embies
    That's exacting that you got the green light for your transfer @bkatp! one step closer to BFP!
    can't wait to hear about your transfer ladies @mrsyng and @chamomile-2 , GL!

• GL tomorrow @mrsyng and @chamomile-2!
    I hope all goes well!!
  • GL tomorrow @mrsyng & @chamomile-2! I have my FX for y’all!!
  • Happy transfer days @mrsyng and @chamomile-2!  Take it easy and let those embies settle in! :)

good luck with blood tests @j1006!

Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• Hey @justharrison, are you holding it on us? Haha I saw you posted on the other board that you start testing 3dpt!! Hope things are looking good!

• @northbeach3 thanks! Hormone check went well. My estrogen is over 1100 and progesterone over 50. Last time it dipped from 50 in transfer day to the 30s. I thought it was strange but they didn’t seem concerned. I’m glad it didn’t happen again.   I caved and POAS yesterday. Of course it was negative. I’m blaming DH for peer pressure. I won’t take another test until Wednesday maybe Thursday if I can be strong :) 
  • chamomile-2chamomile-2 member
    edited September 2018
    Transfer also went well! The fellow holding the ultrasound probe seemed a little unsure of what she was doing so the REI had to talk her through getting the right positioning for a while. Once she did, the REI said the transfer was easy and looked great. I have to admit I'm kind of bummed by the picture of the embryo - it looks really smushed and collapsed, even though the embryologist said it thawed "beautifully." I'm probably just overthinking everything! Been resting at home ever since. I'm feeling a little warm and flushed - don't know if that's from a long Valium nap? I have a crazy busy next 3 days at work so this will be it for rest.

@mrsyng so glad your transfer went well! And those embryos are GORGEOUS!!. Sending sticky thoughts!
  • Glad to hear that your transfer went well @mrsyng and @chamomile-2, sticky sticky sticky! FX for you too!
    praying for you too @J1006, how are you taking the wait? it's almost over hang in there!
  • Hello ladies , I hope I'm not too late on this thread.. I had my 2nd fet on Tuesday 9/4.  They transfered 2 again. 

My history : 
    1 13yo daughter

1 invocell ivf - only one small follicle fertilized 1 out of 6 - transferred the 1 -bnf

1st ivf 18 eggs retrieved  11 made it to freeze. 

1st fet transfered 2 -bnf
    2nd fet transfered 2 still patiently waiting for a positive. 
  • jusgigijusgigi member
    edited September 2018
    @northbeach3 yes i do start testing that early :smile: i feel like this has been such a long and hard road that when i finally have the cycle that works that i enjoyed as soon as possible.  
    I got a bfp on sunday morning (5dpt) and it has slowly been getting darker. However im not getting my hopes up until i have 3 good betas due to the numerous chemicals ive had in the past
  • @J1006 the earliest ive ever gotten a positive was 4.5-5 dpt (and that was with an 8hr hold and using a flashlight lol) i wouldne even sweat it, its still very early. 
  • @chamomile-2 i know what you mean. I hate It when i go in and the dont look how i am expecting or the picture is blurry. Im always thinking that if this is the cycle that works I want a good picture for a scrapbook. Like this cycle, the embryo was good but it expanded up instead of out so the picture is blurry and pretty and detailed like it should. 
  • @Knottie1454544148 you are not too late, we all need someone to talk to who knows exactly what the other is going through. Welcome! We have the same transfer date. Do you test early or do you wait for a beta?
  • @mrsyng your embryos are so pretty :smile: i am so jealous :smiley:  
  • @chamomile-2 yay to us both for a successful day in transferring and long naps from Valium!  ;) 

@babydust2507  thank you!!

@Knottie1454544148 welcome. You joined a wonderful group of ladies for support!

@justharrison thanks for the compliment on the embryos. You should share your hpt progression here too! I love seeing them.  :)
  • I'm scared to test, but I might just wait until beta. 

I've no no symptoms  besides mild cramping on both left and right side on and off..
  • @Knottie1454544148 i am also without any symptoms. No cramping (always had before) and breasts are that sore, am hoping that is a good sign :smile: 
  • @mrsyng
    here you go :smile: i also like looking at them

In the picture You cant really see the line on the first one but can in person (barely). All of my wondfos are still really hard to see which makes me belive my beta number is still really low (i am hoping i am wrong and this is my rainbow baby)

• @justharrison *squeals* even though the 5dpt is light it’s visible, at least it is too me even in this photo! Fx! It’s okay if beta starts
    low just as long as it doubles!!! You have 2 more days until beta.. will you get results on the same day or will they hold
    out on you until the 2nd beta like my clinic?
  • @justharrison eeeek!! I can definitely see the 5 day one!! 

@mrsyng that is horrible why do they do that to you?!
  • @mrsyng and @chamomile-2 glad your transfer went well. @mrsyng your embryos are well rounded and beautiful. 

@justharrison congratulations. 

@Knottie1458416769 you are not too late and I think u have buddy to too. If I remember it right @J1006 also transferred on 4/9

• @justharrison did they find any reason for cp s u had earlier ? Are they using anything to help that ?
  • @mrsyng in the past (when i had the same light lines on FRER and even fainter on Wondfo) the beta either wouldnt double or would and then drop off by the third beta which is why im trying to not get my hopes up. My clinic will call and tell you the same day (normally by 2pm) however if its less than 100 they say to be “cautiously optimistic”. I hope its 200 or higher :smile:
  • @bkatp At first they thought it was my embryos (the first several FETs we used untested embryos) then we did another ER and did 3 more FETs with tested embryos (all chemicals) Now my dr thinks its because my body doesnt like the “fake” hormones. So that why i did the medicated/natural cycle this time. He said if that isnt the case (and this turns out to be another chemical) there is no other explanation as he has ran every test and done every procedure there is and other than my ERA biopsy coming back “early-receptive” (which i start progesterone 12 hrs earlier than normal) everything is normal. 
    I am cautiously optimisic this time as i havent started cramping yet (which always happens a few days after I get a positive hpt)
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for explaining @justharrison. What would be the difference between chemical and miscarriage? None of pregancies(3 - natural )were beyond 6 weeks. Only the last time ultrasound was done and an empty sac measuring 4 weeks 3 days was found. Not sure what to call it. No reason found so far. I am not sure if we are doing everything to keep it this time as well, but since we pick good grade embryos and taking asprin I think better chances this time around.
  • @bkatp im note sure exactly what the medical definition of a chemical pregnancy is but my clinic uses the term for when you have a positive hpt and/or positive beta but the numbers drop off before the first ultrasound @6wks (at my clinic) and/or you start to bleed (like a period not spotting- signally an end). They use the term miscarriage after the ultrasound when you can see the fetal pole and such (around 6wks at my clinic- most other clinics donearlier ultrasounds)

it sucks when there isnt an explanation. I feel like i would handle this better if i knew what was wrong (even if there wasnt anything that could be done to prevent it) 
  • Ok thanks again @justharrison for doing the explaining. In that case all of mine are chemical. Nothing touched 6 weeks mark. Not really sure what is stopping them grow. Hopefully one tomorrow will be the lucky one. 
  • @bkatp FX for you!!! Hopefully September is our lucky month
  • northbeach3northbeach3 member
    edited September 2018
    fx for a strong first beta @justharrison! very promising darkening lines!  

@bkatp you're up next!! any pre-transfer rituals?

how'd your lining check go, @Momifbysea?

AFM, had my lining check today -- 10.9!  Lining doing much better this time around.  Last time, I was at 7.9 and had to have my estrogen dosage upped from .3 to .4 and delayed transfer by a few days til I got to 9.1 lining. 

This time, RE started me on .4 estrogen from the get go.  My nipples are feeling it already!! I didn't remember sore boobs until after PIO started, but I guess estrogen impacts sore boobs too!  I'm on track to start PIO tomorrow and transfer on Monday morning! It's getting real up in here!

hopefully we'll have some more BFPs by then... let's go september!

• Hi everyone! I will be joining you all with a Sept FET.  I had my baseline scan 9/9, and got the go ahead to continue this month. I will be doing a natural FET, so I don’t have a transfer date set, but it will likely be the week of Sept 23rd. I will begin tracking ovulation 9/15 and have another scan appt on 9/17. 

A little background: We have male factor infertility due to my husband having Cystic Fibrosis. I had my first stimulation cycle in July, and we did a freeze all cycle because I had a couple uterine polyps that my RE wanted to remove during the retrieval. We had 13 mature eggs retrieved, and 8 made it to freeze. August FET didn’t work out due to AF not being back to normal yet, so September it is! 

Good luck to everyone! 
  • @kfs825 Welcome!

@northbeach3 Yay for a great appointment! GL with the PIO. It’s my enemy at this point. 

I know this is totally normal, but I need a little reassurance. I’ve been spotting this afternoon and into this evening.  I didn’t have this last time, but isn’t necessarily a bad thing since last time ended in a CP. DH said implantation bleed but I think it’s too late for that. At transfer our embryo was already hatched and our embryologist said would implant in 24-48 hours. That was Thursday...taking a test in the morning. I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised. 
  • @J1006 my sister had spotting with all three of her pregnancies starting early on until delivery. That is how she knew she was pregnant every time, she would start to spot and it never turned into anything or went away. She conceived naturally but i dont think that matters. Everybody’s body is different. I wouldnt worry.