September 2018 Moms

HELP! Routine c section nerves ...

I’m going in for my routine c section for baby #2 on the 24th . My first c section was an emergency so I did not have time to think about what was going on. This last week I have been losing sleep dwelling on every detail of having a c section and it’s making me extremely anxious . Was hoping to hear some positive stories that could help calm my nerves

Re: HELP! Routine c section nerves ...

• you’ll be okay! I’ve done a vaginal birth and a semi-emergency c-section. You don’t feel anything during the procedure. For me the most annoying thing was shaking. Personally I felt the recovery was even better than my vaginal birth. C-sections are a weird concept but they aren’t bad. You’ve done it once; you’ll be okay this time too. :)
    Anniversary
    Me (29) + DH (30) | Dating 2003 | Married 2008
    DS - 02/21/2016

• ellbeedeeellbeedee member
    edited September 2018
    My first baby was a vaginal birth my 2nd was an emergency section, which wasnt terrible at all since I didnt get time to think about it. This time I had a planned section. It is much more nerve wracking, if I'm being completely honest. I was totally fine until I got in the OR. My ob promised me a small dose of xanax right when baby came out. I just want you to know what you are feeling is normal! It's totally worth it once you see your new baby!!