February 2019 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change 9/6

Hey everyone! I realized that there hasn’t been a Thursday ticker change in forever (if ever) so I thought I’d start one. Hopefully there are other Thursday mamas out there!

This is for those with a Thursday due date... Feb 7, Feb 14, Feb 21, Feb 28

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/ raves/ questions?

5. GTKY: What’s your go-to karaoke song?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 9/6

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

16 weeks, baby is the size of an avocado OR a chipmunk without its tail

2. How are you feeling?

I’ve been feeling overall better since entering the second tri but have been having really bad gas pains lately  :( Oh the joys of pregnancy!

Nope! Not for another 2 weeks.

I want to rave about my DH! He has always been super supportive but has totally stepped up even more during this pregnancy. He had to take over pretty much all the cooking and cleaning during my first tri and didn’t complain once! Yesterday he did the grocery shopping and bought me all sorts of treats I didn’t even ask for  <3

Spice Girls - Wannabe

16 weeks, avocado size

2. How are you feeling? Pretty decent aside from the occasional and expected aches and pains. Tired since 2014.

Next Tuesday I do

4. Rants/ raves/ questions? Gd sucks and I want pizza. 

• Loading the player...
  • Hey! New here  :)

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 18 weeks, size of an artichoke

2. How are you feeling? Overall, not bad! DD started preschool last week and the early morning wake-ups have caused a slight resurgence in morning nausea. I had HG with DD though, so this feels totally manageable compared to that!

3. Any appointments this week? Regular OB appt this coming Tuesday.

4. Rants/ raves/ questions? Just started feeling movement! So exciting!

5. GTKY: What’s your go-to karaoke song? Oh gosh, I haven’t been to karaoke in FOREVERRRR, but I used to whip out River Deep, Mountain High from time to time. 

• @emmy_wren thanks for starting this!

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

18 weeks, artichoke or sweet potato. The sweet potatoes I buy are massive though.... so I'm going to go with artichoke. 

2. How are you feeling?

Mostly fine. Anxiety and stress are pretty constant, and SO gave me a nice cold. Otherwise, everything else (nausea, aversions, etc) is starting to decrease 

I see a nurse today to go over how to use a glucometer. I declined to retake the GTT because it made me throw up the first time and gave me horrible contractions. Now I get to monitor my blood sugar 4x a day for two weeks instead, which is far far better in my book. 

Rant: The nurse who is supposed to teach me about the glucometer was trying to guilt me into retaking the GTT again because it is standard practice. She made it seem like their clinic is bending over backwards to accomadate me because I declined it. It's just frustrating. I understand it isn't standard, but I don't want to subject myself to feeling like crap again. If I were to throw up again, which is almost guaranteed, I would have to use the meter anyway. I feel like I'm just cutting out the middle man. Maybe I'm being selfish, I don't know. 

Rave: fall weather is officially coming and I couldn't be more excited. Give me all things pumpkin!

Oh gosh, probably a catchy overused country song from FGL.

• @mechekitty because you can so control throwing up the drink. Geez.  :|
  • @madreofdragons they told me to take zofran before, and that I would be good to go. I've thrown up on zofran, I sincerely doubt taking 1 zofran, and then going into a sugar overload will help. I threw up 10min into the test, how was I supposed to last 3 hours? I tried centered breathing, distracting music, even attempting to lay down in the waiting room chairs. It just wasn't meant to be. 
  • As somebody with GD I assure you that the finger poking is more of an inconvenience to you than to them. She can bite you. 

18! Size of an artichoke  

2. How are you feeling?

Good, no complaints :) 

Just did bloodework for the alpha fetoprotein test on Friday  

Yeah, the nurse who did my blood work yesterday! Anyone else hate needles and blood To begin with... and then she has to dig for your vein, sigh  awful start to the morning  

No karaoke here LOL