February 2019 Moms

GTKY- Embarrassment

edited September 2018 in February 2019 Moms
I’m a big dork and I enjoy playing these GTKY games. Since we’re getting to the point where embarrassing things are already or going to start happening, share one of the most embarrassing things that has happened to you. 

Re: GTKY- Embarrassment

• Loading the player...
  • In middle school, that time in life when embarrassment is the worst, I was casually walking down the hall, chatting with my friend, and walked into a pillar with force. I was mortified. 

My in-laws looove this story. Early on in my relationship with DH, when he still lived at home, MIL, FIL, grandMIL and a few others are skyping with some distant relatives I've never met. Apparently the conversation went like this:
    GMIL: Where's Rebecca, I want her to meet (person on Skype)
    MIL: She's in the shower
    GMIL: Where's (DH)?
    MIL: he's... In the shower .
    GMIL: Then get Rebecca! 
    Cousin on Skype: she's in the shower 
    [Nervous laughter]
    Oh. 

They find this story hilarious and tell it routinely. Everytime I die a little. 
  • @madreofdragons mine's toot adjacent too!!!

So I was in a sorority in college and we had this full weekend recruitment training. Literally we were locked in a room together for HOURS all weekend long. Obviously I'd gone out the night before and for some ungodly reason had been drinking tequila all night. I don't do well with tequila. So there I was, in a room full of 100 other girls, feeling super pleased with myself for not puking the night before. I had a little gas, but like whatever, everybody farts. So I let out what I thought was a toot. It was not a toot. Next thing I know the girl behind me whispers in my ear "go to the bathroom now." I had literal shit running down my black leggings.
  • edited September 2018
    Fourth? Kegals didn't even work for my first.

I have stress AND urge incontinence and let me tell you, it's good for embarrassing moments. It's getting bad again (was worst postpartum, I've managed it with kegals but only barely, before now anyway) as my uterus pushes more on my bladder. I pissed myself. At. Work. Spent the day trying so hard to hide it. 

ETA: I passed gas in a nurse's face after giving birth. They just laughed about it and said the epidural can do that. lol
  • @sjnsjnsjn where are you in Chicago? I work in the west loop.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77- hey there! I work in the Loop and live in North Center.