Infertility

Sep 2018 FET

Re: Sep 2018 FET

• That's exciting, congratulations @mandapanda1421! @babyhopeful442 FX for you and I will agree with the ladies I read that before too, so I think you should be fine, GL!
  • AFM I just received my calendar and they keeping on BCP for an entire cycle!!!!! Haaaaaa! I'm soooooo mad! And my estimate date for the FET is October 24! That's like 2 months! I'm so frustrated. They did the same thing for my fresh transfer putting on BCP for a month. This place is so busy, I'm so sad, the wait is killing me! I guess I'll be in October FET forum as well(sad face)
  • Loading the player...
  • There is not even a October FET started, I feel all alone, ugh!
  • @mandapanda1421 congrats!!

@babydust2507 Ugh so frustrating!  That happened for my first FET. They had me on BCP for 30 days!  Definitely stick around here until October gets going. We will be cheering you on :)
  • Thank you @J1006. I knew inside me but was hoping for September FET. Last time I was on
    BCP for a month too
  • I had I had BCP for a month too for their schedule I think! And like @northbeach3 alluded to, all these extra days if estrogen for their schedule! Hang out here with us to help the time pass!
  • Thank you ladies I appreciate it! 
  • Thanks everyone!

@babydust2507 Sorry you got delayed. Good luck in October!  
  • Thank you @mandapanda1421 and my DH hates when they do that too because he feels like we could have been trying on our own while waiting on them 
  • MomifbyseaMomifbysea member
    edited September 2018
    Hey does anyone know if a yeast infection is a FET showstopper? I plan to call nurse Tuesday. It’s not super bad but of course I don’t want this delayed! I have almost three weeks til transfer, so...
  • Just had my lining & follicle check appointment. We are set for transfer on 9/10.  :) fx this FET works! 
  • @Momifbysea not sure. I would assume that as long as it’s cleared up by transfer you should be fine. You still have quite some time luckily. 

@mrsyng exciting! FX this one works!
  • Good news that's exciting @mrsyng ! FX! and 09/10 is just around the corner !
  • Congrats on getting the go ahead @mrsyng

Ang congrats @mandapanda1421!  Fx for your your next checkup!
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Today was transfer day! Everything went well. The embryo was almost completely hatched and expanded. The clinic changed their procedure and no longer has you lay down for 5 mins after the transfer which I found disconcerting. 

• Omg today snuck up on me! I blame the holiday!! Congrats on your transfer. Hope babe is snuggling in for 9 months! 

Whens your beta and and are you planning on testing? Fx for you!
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• mrsyngmrsyng member
    edited September 2018
    @justharrison yay! Sticky little embaby stick! My clinic does the same - with the last transfer they told me to not worry and told me I could get up after the transfer and if needed to I could make a bowel movement as the embryos aren’t going anywhere. :)

can’t wait for all the positive betas to come!!
  • @mandapanda1421 congratulations!!
    @justharrison glad transfer went well!! Hatched is a wonderful sign!
    @mrsyng we're going to be transfer buddies!

Had my lining check this morning and looks good! 10mm and triple layer. We cancelled in June because lining was too thick and homogenous, so this is such a relief. The right ovarian cyst is also completely gone and both ovaries look quiet, so we're a go for transfer on Monday 9/10. My RE felt pretty strongly about no doxycycline and medrol so it's just PIO starting tomorrow.
  • @chamomile-2 that’s awesome!! The crazy anxiety inducing waiting process has finally arrived. Can’t wait for next Monday and more waiting.. :) 
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited September 2018
    @mrsyng and @chamomile-2 exciting. Good luck to both of u for Monday. 

@justharrison Happy to know that transfer went well

@babydust2507 they kept me on BCP for a Month too. They didn't have any date issues but they said that required,  they insisted that it is best for me .

@mandapanda1421 congratulations. How did ur test go today?
  • @chamomile-2 this is news to me. So cycle can get cancelled even at this point if lining is too thick. Didn't know, I have to wait till Friday to know about my situation
  • @justharrison glad that your transfer went well, stick embaby now! what was the grade of your embie? and same for my clinic when I did my fresh transfer they didn't ask me to lay down for awhile like IUI. that's great news that your embie started hatching!
    @chamomile-2 I didn't know either that a cycle can get cancelled if the lining is too thick, how thick was it? and FX for you and @mrsyng !
    thank you for comforting me @bkatp! I guess I'm gonna try to lose some weight while being on BCP 
  • @northbeach3 i know what you mean! I lost track of everything over the weekend. I didnt get everything done i had planned before the transfer. my beta is scheduled for the 13th and i normally start testing on 3dp transfer. (I like to torture myself lol)
    @mrsyng it is nice not to have to sit there afterwards and the nurses assured me there have been several studies showing that it doesn’t significantly increase the odds of the transfer working. However as the day has progressed i cant help thinking i need all the help i can get and maybe should have waited a few minutes
  • @chamomile-2 and @bkatp thanks for the well wishes!!
    @babydust2507 they graded it 6AA but im not sure how much stock i put in grading. All of my embryos have been 5/6AA and i have yet to take home a baby and ive heard of people with low gradings that had success. But i guess every little thing helps. I am hoping that since this cycle was a natural/medicated and mimics the fresh cycle i had in 2016 (that was the pregnancy that lasted the longest) that this will be the one that sticks. My doctor said he is sure this is the one- i really hope he is right.
  • Nice! I think this is the one too! Stay positive @justharrison will be praying for you !
  • Lol at torturing yourself @justharrison!  My clinic tests on 6dpt so I’ve decided to stop HPT bc it makes me crazy! But I’m happy when other people test bc I like to follow their progress. Definitely recommend the FRER bc they have the most sensitivity :)

Congrats on getting the go-ahead for transfer @chamomile-2 ! All these little hurdles are small victories when we get passed them!

@j1006 your transfer’s up next, right? Any pre transfer rituals?

• @northbeach3 yes! My transfer is tomorrow!! No rituals for me besides making sure my house is clean and laundry is done :) 

@justharrison glad the transfer went well! My clinic does have me lay down for about 15 minutes after. However when I had my IUIs my other doctor had me lay there for 30 minutes and she told that it’s doesnt really do anything, they just want to feel like they are doing everything they can.  I wish my clinic didn’t make me lay there. All I could think about was how bad I had to pee haha. 
  • @chamomile-2 im not sure about antihitamine protocol but my RE does have me take medrol for 5days prior to transfer and the day of and after transfer. Ive never questioned why though
  • @northbeach3 i wish my office would do tests at 6dpt (especially with all the cp ive had- i would be mice to quit the injections that much sooner)
    i normally use the Wondo brand until i get a line and then switch to FRER after that.
  • GL for your transfer tomorrow @J1006!
    Hey ladies so what's doxycycline and medrol for?
  • @babydust2507 thanks!
    doxy is an antibiotic and medrol is a steroid. My RE has me on both as well. I take four doses of medrol (anti-inflammatory) and five days Am and Pm of doxy. Supposedly, medrol is supposed to help with implantation but like I believe @chamomile-2 ‘s RE said that there’s no solid proof it helps. 
  • babydust2507babydust2507 member
    edited September 2018
    Oh ok thank for explaining @J1006, so it's like baby aspirin? No proof, but still have a better percentage of success lol! Whatever you decide, I wish you the best !
  • Glad to see your transfer went well @justharrison! Hoping this is your one!
    @J1006 good luck tomorrow! Now it's going to get exciting with transfers happening!
    @chamomile-2 good luck with starting PIO! Getting so close! Also, I'm not doing an antihistamine protocol so am not sure but I've seen others do it and have success. It's just not something my clinic does.

AFM, I spoke with the nurse and she said I could do an over the counter treatment for the yeast infection, but honestly, it's gotten pretty mild and I asked her if I could try and do nothing and see if it goes away and she said that is totally fine and that it's not going to hurt anything, so if I could deal with it without treatment that is fine. I'm eating yogurt and feeling a bit better. But it was nice to know that this isn't something that would cause a cancelled transfer. I think that was my worry. 
  • @Momifbysea glad to know this wouldn't be a reason to cancel your cycle, get to feel better!
  • @J1006 good luck with your transfer tomorrow. 

I  am also on antibiotics plus medrol. I have started my antibiotics already yet to start medrol from Friday if everything goes well. 
  • @J1006 Good luck on your transfer! Fx for you
  • @J1006 Happy Transfer Day!!! <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @J1006 good luck with transfer today!