October 2018 Moms
Options

Multiples check in SEPTEMBER!!!

mamabearcjmamabearcj member
edited September 2018 in October 2018 Moms

As we approach our due dates some of us will be having our multiples THIS MONTH!! 

How far along?

How frequent are your appointments?

Any concerns this month?

What multiples questions do you have?? 

GTKY: do you have any hidden talents??

Re: Multiples check in SEPTEMBER!!!

• Options
    How far along? 
    35w4d

Weekly since 34 weeks! Next one is Thursday! Last week we scheduled our c-section date for 9/21 if they dont decide to come sooner! 

Any concerns this month?
    That they come before the scheduled date. As cool as it would be the longer they bake the better and I reaaaallllyyyy dont want them popping out on MILs birthday!
    The only other concern I have is if they do come is that DH will be at work.. I'm only home for about an hour by myself but I'd much rather my husband take me to the hospital than my brother or mom lol

What multiples questions do you have?
    I think none as of now..

GTKY: hidden talents? 
    Ummm no..  I'm pretty boring lol 
  • Options
    How far along? 33w1d

Weekly

Any concerns this month? 
    I really don’t want them to come in September. Our first was supposed to come in October and ended up being born in September and I’m sure the same will happen this time. I just want my October babies. Not to mention we have 4 other birthdays in our family in September, so adding two more would just make it one crazy month.

What multiples questions do you have?? 
    Not really a question, but more of a concern of how I’m going to handle the toddler and two newborns. I’m sure I’ll get it done, but it’s stressing me out nonetheless.

GTKY: do you have any hidden talents?? 
    I can touch my top lip to my nose. Not making the big bucks with that talent, but pretty funny.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @missmaehurt I really wanted my October babies too! Being due so early in the month made that pretty much impossible.. 
    You have way more of a reason than I do to want October babies though!! 6 birthdays would be a lot!!  
  • Options
    @mamabearcj That’s what happened last time, I was due 10/10, this time I’m due later 10/20, but with multiple obviously not making it that far. October 1st, that’s all I’m asking for hahaha
  • Options
    @missmaehurt There's a chance!! Fingers crossed for you!! How have you been feeling??
  • Options
    @mamabearcj My pelvis is in pain, but I’ve been off work for 3 weeks so that’s been helping and I haven’t been overdoing anything. I’m just hoping that if I stay pretty chill that they’ll hang out until October. How have you been doing?
  • Options
    @missmaehurt that's right I forgot they took you off work! Hopefully that helps keep the little ones in as long as possible. I'm feeling good for the most part! Swelling feet and fingers and I'm generally uncomfortable most of the time but not in pain. They're still pretty high up so that's my biggest discomfort is when he settles in my ribs.
  • Options
    How far along? 34+ 3

How frequent are your appointments? 2x weekly high-risk U/S, and once weekly OB. I am SO over ultrasounds and I never thought I'd say that!

Any concerns this month? Both of our babies are quite small, but Baby B has severe IUGR (she's 3rd percentile). Everything looks fine, she's just teeny tiny. But there is some resistance in blood flow, so they are monitoring me super closely. Planned delivery is the week of the 17th or so if not sooner. 

What multiples questions do you have?? I'm so nervous about recovering from a C section and caring for 2 babies at the same time! My husband won't be able to take much leave after we get out of the hospital, and our family is all out of state so I'm pretty much on my own. 

GTKY: do you have any hidden talents?? I do a truly fantastic Elmo voice, does that count for anything?

1st cycle of IVF started April 9, 2017. ER- 15R, 7M, 5F, 4 frozen, 1 transferred. BFN

May 2017- Hysteroscopy

June-August 2017- 2nd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 08/10/17. BFP, but ended in a chemical.

November 2017- Hysteroscopy

January 2018- 3rd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 01/25/18. BOLD BFP on a HPT on 1/31, Beta # 1 on 2/5= 721. Beta # 2 on 2/7- 1903. 6wk+3 day scan revealed twins!

I'm blogging about it here

• Options
    @Dragonfly6191 I'm nervous about recovering from a c section and caring for two babies too.. DH is planning to take 2 weeks off one using his vacation and one unpaid. I'm hoping by then I'll have a routine or a schedule or anything that will make me more comfortable to be alone. 
  • Options
    @Dragonfly6191 Have you looked into a PP doula at all? They will come help with baby(ies) and some of them even help with light housework. That’s a concern over here too, plus having a toddler.