Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL Week of 9/3

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet?

Me: 35  H: 35
Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
that place where you can still remember dreaming?
That's where I will always love you.  
That's where I'll be waiting."
~Peter Pan 

*TW*
BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 

Re: TTCAL Week of 9/3

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?  Things are ok.  This was our first month trying after D&C on July 6th.  It seems like longer than that.  I’m hopeful we are pregnant but also OK if we aren’t.  Just in the waiting game.  I’m not planning on testing until at least Saturday if no AF.  I had a CP/MC earlier in the year too at 6 weeks and part of me just wants to wait so I don’t start worrying again.  The loss and struggle is tough.  

Any testing coming up/any recent results?  Will test next weekend with DH if no AF

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? At an ugly Christmas sweater party.  My shoulder pads were extremely attractive 

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

MMC 2/12 and 8/17

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

It has been a really rough week, but I won't get in to it on here.  On a r/r note, I almost cancelled my carpal tunnel surgery next week, since I really haven't been having any symptoms, but I swear I have woken every single night in the last week, if not twice a night with a numb hand, so good thing I didn't. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? No

Myspace, lol 

• Loading the player...
  • @holly321 I'm sorry you are having a rough week. Hopefully this week goes better for you!

@denma2015 good luck testing this week! I've definitely learned that it is easier to wait and test if no AF than to test early and get yourself down day after day. 

Intoroduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

MMC 6/18 at 11 weeks

Nothing to report. Had a nice long weekend full of hiking, free concerts, and we threw a BBQ. Nice way to reset. I'm pretty sure I will O this week, so I'm a little anxious to make sure timing works out. I have a few work meetings at night this week and I have a hard time feeling motivated after them. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? No

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? On a rec kickball league. He was on the opposite team. I only went to the first game, got his number, and never went back lol. 

• nmbrcrnchr1nmbrcrnchr1 member
    edited September 2018

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Ectopic pregnancy in late Feb 2018, off bench Aug 2018

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I’m hopeful for this cycle. Our timing should be better than it has been the past month. But every time I think about being pregnant again I get soooooooo much anxiety, **Tw about loss, or defects, or pretty much anything that could go wrong will go wrong end TW**

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? Originally at a friends house but we both had significant others. Then a few months later we randomly ran into each other at a party

• @holly321 I didn’t realize you were getting carpal tunnel surgery....my DH did a few years ago and it honestly changed his life. So I hope it does good for you
    @denma2015 I hope your TWW goes well for you.
  • @nmbrcrnchr1, I had it done last summer on my other arm, (elbow and wrist, which the elbow was terrible!) It is amazingly better, and the recovery was not bad at all.  This Arn has never really bothered me, but the testing shows it is in it too, and it occasionally has issues, more in the winter.  I was honestly getting it done because it is free because I met my out of pocket with my insurance, haha.  
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 

10/17 Twin B passed in utero at 22 weeks

11/17 Twin A passed at 29 weeks after a month fight in he NICU

7/18 MC

I am doing fairly well. Although if my HPT is positive this weekend, I think that will shift to nothing but worry. A part of me hopes it’s negative so I can relax. But another part of me knows how badly we want to grow our family and have been failing at it. Ugh, the back and forth. What I really wish is we could add to our family and I could skip the entire pregnancy and end up with a healthy baby. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I will take a HPT this weekend. Probably Sunday at home with DH. 

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? At work 7 years ago. We are both medical laboratory scientists. We used to work the night shift a lot together our first few years. So we would crank up the radio and jam out while doing maintenance on all the analyzers. 

4 losses in 7 months.  2 CP, 9 week MMC, 14 week MMC 

Limbo hell 

My anxiety has been through the roof waiting for my appointment today.  I've been wavering between hope and total despair and playing out every worst case scenario in my head.  I also got another +OPK yesterday PM and today AM which is about 4 weeks since my last +OPK so clearly my body is on some sort of cycle, but still no period of course.  The weird thing about the +OPK was that yesterday AM I took a CB digital and got low fertility and by evening it was peak- I never got a flashing smiley, which makes me wonder if my estrogen is wonky still.  

Hysteroscopy in a few hours.  

We met senior year of high school, we were both in cross country.  We both were dating other people at the time but there was some mutual chemistry that we never acted on.   We went to different colleges freshmen year but started hanging out over the summer before sophomore year, and we were both single at this point.  I lasted a semester back at my college and transferred to his school over winter break, and we've been together ever since. 

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • @holly321I am sorry you are having a tough week. My inbox is always open if you need to unload. I’m also glad you didn’t cancel your surgery and hope it goes well! I giggled to myself on how you and your SO met. The kids these days will have no idea what that is. 

@denma2015 looks like we are in the same boat this weekend for testing. I feel the same way, like I should wait longer to avoid the possibility of picking up a CP. 

@kgg2241 lol lol! Your story on meeting your SO.
  • @coco2787 Good luck today. FX for good news. 

@nmbrcrnchr1 Totally understand. It is so hard to not let those thoughts take over. 

@meatballs37 Good luck testing this week. That is such a tough feeling. Hoping for the best, but being terrified at the same time. 
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited September 2018

@coco2787 Good luck today!

@meatballs37 I can totally relate. I'm sorry amd good luck testing.

@nmbrcrnchr1 I feel exactly the same way. I just want to get to the point where I feel confident that I'm going to have a healthy baby.

WTO. FF predicts this week, but I'm not having my usual symptoms. So who knows what's actually going on.

I'm just so over TTC and it's only my second post-D&C cycle. I'm trying not to be a downer, but I just am not even a little bit excited to start the process all over again.

Nope. I'm going to try not to test early this month. I have zero self control, so we'll see how that works out for me.

We lived across the street from each other in our 20's. I'd never spoken to him, but I was definitely aware of him. So one night  after way too much champagne during a girls' night, we lit a bunch of candles, flipped the breaker and a friend of mine went across the street to ask for help with our power. To our utter mortification, his mom answered the door. She told us he wasn't home, and that was that. About an hour later, there's a knock at my door. His mom sent him over with a flashlight to fix the power. Luckily we hadn't flipped the breaker back, so he was able to "fix it" for us. I told him the truth about six months later.

We technically weren't supposed to be trying this month since my MC last month, but I know exactly where I am in my cycle, so we just hit it early instead of trying every day. It has been nice to be relaxed about HIO instead of it feeling like work, so my head space has been better. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope. 

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? We knew each other in college, but didnt really "meet" until dinner with mutual friends... Where he ignored his GF all night and kept talking to me. It was awkward. 

• @coco2787 praying for a good appointment for you today! I hope you finally get some answers! And maybe your uterine lining is thicker! I will be stalking here to see how it went. 
  • nomangos23nomangos23 member
    edited September 2018
    @coco2787 Well... worst case scenario isn't terrible! But obviously FX for best case scenario. I'm glad it looks like your body is finally going to O and your lining has thickened! Those are all great things!!

@ruby696 Do you feel like you can take a break? Maybe give yourself a cycle to relax and not think about it? I know everyone is different but I totally understand the pressure to TTC after a loss. Also, the way you met your spouse is totally adorable :)

@meatballs37 Fingers crossed for a + hpt this weekend, but it also sounds like you might enjoy another month of nothing having the anxiety of being pregnant after a loss. Either way my friend, I'm thinking of you <3

@nmbrcrnchr1 Have you looked into any support groups in your area of women who are pregnant after a loss? I've heard from several loss friends how much they helped them cope through the process. 

@kgg2241 Your weekend sounds wonderful! Good luck HIO this week. If there's a will there's a way (SO corny, I know) 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. RPL 3 losses in 2018 @ 21 weeks, 5.5 weeks, 6.5 weeks

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Today is the day I found out I was pregnant last year. Also, my 30th birthday is Friday and I'm feeling ALL of the feelings. I'm feeling sorry for myself, and feeling like I don't have anything to show for my 30 years on this earth because I've failed so terribly at having a baby. I'm also totally dreading that I'm about to have to relive the next 21 weeks of my first pregnancy. I was SO happy this time last year. And I'm SO pissed at my then-self for begin so naive. Having to dig VERY deep to find some light this week. 

I'm also struggling with all of the effort I'm putting into trying to work towards an ideal cycle (ovulation on CD 14 and a 12 day LP) and am looking at another CD 18/19 O day again. I feel so out of control of my own body and that infuriates me. Esp with how hard I'm working to clean up my diet, take my vitamins/herbs/supplements, etc. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Will do more RPL testing at the end of Sept.

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? A blind date @ a sushi bar. He was such a bad boy and rode and motorcycle and talked about how he had to be in court the next day for speeding tickets and I was sure I was never going to talk to him again... Until he text me later that night and said "I had such a good time tonight. I was trying to get home quickly in order to talk to you again and.... got another speeding ticket :D" and I was smitten. 

Edited to correct date because apparently I don't know what year it is?

• @coco2787 yay! Yay! Yay! Did they give you the green light for this cycle? Or do you have to wait until after surgery to ttc? 

@nomangos23 I’m sorry that you have the birthday blues. Especially since it’s the first year milestone of your late term loss starting. Do you and your SO have something planned for your birthday to take your mind off it a little? 
  • @meatballs37 she said I could try if I want, I think today would probably be the last day where we’d have a chance though so maybe we’ll HIO tonight if I’m not too sore.  If my cervix is actually blocked sperm won’t be able to get in so it might be futile. 

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited September 2018
    @nomangos23 Thanks - its a story MH loves telling people. Like he was so irresistible that I faked a power outage just to talk to him... Right now I'm 37 and I feel like TTC will just get harder the older I get. So I'm going power through and try not to think about the awful anxiety I'll have if I manage to get pregnant again. 

Also, the anniversaries are so hard. I'm sorry today is one of yours. <3
  • @coco2787 my brain can’t helo but think maybe there is enough of a microscopic opening for some strong swimmers. Either way, I hope you are feeling less sore by tomorrow. 
  • @meatballs37 oh you know my brain went there, sperm are way smaller than a scope so of course they’ll get in there!  

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • @coco2787 that is good news!  Keeping my FX for you

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Things are okay. Had fun yesterday on labor day swimming with hubby at in-law's and out to eat. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? ob/gyn annual appt next week and appt on 17th with doctor that did physical last november and education day for IVF on 25th

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? We met online in msn chat room in April 99

• @coco2787 I relate to being in limbo hell. It’s so frustrating when your body seems to be working but also isn’t. I’m so glad you got some answers at your appointment! 

@nomangos23 anniversaries are so hard *hugs* 

Hi all :) 
    I had a MMC on 7/27 at 10 weeks and a follow up D&C on 8/2. I was also diagnosed with PCOS 7 years ago. 

Status: 2WW. I am 10dpo. I think so anyway. With PCOS it’s mostly a crap shoot. I believe I know exactly when I ovulated this month because I am pretty sure I felt it. 

Im trying not to count the days. I’m trying to wait to test on Saturday and put it out of my mind. You all can probably guess how well that’s going, lol. Today was kind of hard. Another woman at work announced she’s pregnant... again. I envy women who just get pregnant and then have healthy babies. That’s how it’s supposed to be. 

GTKY: We met online. The first thing that really interested me in him was his voice. Today is our anniversary <3
  • @antera23 I have come to really hate the cutesy pregnancy announcements. :( *hugs* 
  • @coco2787 I am glad it wasn't all bad and the worst case scenario isn't horrible. FX for a normal flow and hopefully today you are less sore.
  • @denma2015 the test or don't test struggle is real, in some ways a BFN is easier to deal with.  I would love to go back to the days where I thought a BFP meant baby.  

@holly321 I hope the surgery brings you relief, I know quite a few people who have done it and it's made a huge difference.  That's pretty funny you met your H on Myspace, the OG dating site  :D

@nmbrcrnchr1 I'm sorry you're feeling so anxious about pregnancy.  Loss really steals our innocence in that regard  :/

@meatballs37 I'm glad to hear you're doing okay this week.  I totally hear you on wishing I could skip the whole pregnancy thing, 9 months is such a long time to be an anxious wreck.  I think a later loss makes PGAL even harder because you know it's not just about getting through 1st tri.  

I love that story about how you met your SO @ruby696.  I feel you on not being excited to start TTC again.  It's so emotionally exhausting.

Ugh, I'm sorry about that tough anniversary and that you have to relive these tough weeks @nomangos23.  Sending you lots of hugs.  I wish I could say something to make it easier, but please know that you are NOT a failure.  I know it's hard not to feel hopeless, but I hope you can find a way to give yourself some grace.  None of this is your fault, you did everything you could to take care of your babies <3 

Sorry about the pregnancy announcement @antera23, those are always hard to handle :(  FX for you this cycle!  

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • @coco2787, I am so relieved for you that your test results weren't horrible!

@antera23, I hope you had a nice anniversary!
    @meatballs37, thank you.  Some days I can handle the stress and others I feel like I am losing it
    And I get the thought of almost not wanting a positive test! 
  • coco2787coco2787 member
    edited September 2018
    *TW pregnancy mentioned*

Found out that my SIL, who is due about 6 weeks after I was, is having a girl, just like I was supposed to.  I knew when my H was on the phone what the call was about and all I could think was “please let it be a boy”.  I really didn’t expect to take it so hard, but I totally lost it.  All I could think about is how our girls would have grown up together and how excited we were to be pregnant together, and now her pregnancy and baby will forever be a painful reminder of everything I was supposed to have. 

I wish I could just be happy for people instead of being a Debbie downer   :/

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • @coco2787 I think your feelings are totally valid. I have felt the exact same way when a couple of my friends have gotten pregnant this last year. You definitely DONT have to be happy for her. I sometimes feel like us loss moms are expected to push our feelings deep down and hide them for the benefit of other people. And all that does is hurt us. I say, be mad, be angry, feel lost. Give yourself some time to process it. Hopefully the people around you are understanding of your situation. 
  • Hi. I'm back. Tail between my legs and angry at the world. And myself for being even the slightest bit hopeful. Clearly that didn't do me any favors.

So I guess now I add CP and I have a list. MMC, CP.  Wow, this f-ing blows. Dr is monitoring my levels down to zero but they were already super low (11 at 16dpo) so I'm hoping it doesnt take long. After some persuasion I got the nurse to agree to me having a meeting with him to discuss next steps. I refuse to allow this to happen again before something is done. After doing some research, I have some reason to suspect MTHFR. I'm hoping he doesn't fight me on getting the tests done but I plan to arm myself with all MY facts that are swaying my thoughts there and it may make it hard for him to say no. Even if he does, I may be able to convince my neuro to order the tests. If anyone has some sound info on the matter, could you pass it along to me? I have some things compiled from google but it's only from 2 days worth of quick searches when something pops into my head. I also dont know what sites would be considered reliable. 
  • @prpl11butterfly No!!! I’m so sorry to see you back here! It is so unfair for you to experience another loss. I hope your doctor orders whatever tests you want and that it gives you some answers. I always get so angry when I think of how losses are treated. Like why isn’t the medical world more proactive after one loss? Hell, how about more proactive with prenatal testing in general? Big hugs to you today. My heart hurts for you. 
  • @prpl11butterfly I'm so sorry! So damn sorry. And good for you for doing your research and fighting for your own car. Hopefully you don't have to fight too hard to get the tests you want.

@coco2787 it's okay to be a Debbie downer. I'm sorry you have that reminder. I'm actually going to lunch with a friend who is due a month after me and I'm also terrified she is going to say she is having a girl. I know how much it will hurt and ugh I just can't today. 

@meatballs37 nothing specifically to respond to, but you are so sweet and supportive. I love reading your responses to people. 
  • @prpl11butterfly, I am so, so sorry.  It is hard to not get excited.  I hope all goes well with your doctor
  • @zamora_spin thank you for this info! I'm going to PM you to explain a little more in detail about my why.
  • @coco2787 your feelings are your feelings and you’re allowed to have them. I think it’s completely normal for you to feel that way. I know how awful it is though and my thoughts are with you. 

@meatballs37 I agree. There are so many things I think doctors should do for their patients who are trying to get pregnant. Testing should happen after one miscarriage if not before a couple tries to get pregnant! I feel like most doctors just don’t get it. They see loss so often that it’s not that big of a deal to them but to us it’s a huge deal. It’s our hopes and dreams for the future. 

@prpl11butterfly I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s just not fair :( 
  • It sure is depressing to see names in the grad check-in thread that are post partum or about to give birth when I can remember them announcing in the grad thread :( 

~Peter Pan 

*TW*