Success after IF
Options

Introduction *low morphology*

hi, my name is Courtney and I just turned 35. DH and I have been TTC for 2 years, but not preventing for 3 years. We finally decided to start fertility testing earlier this year and found out that everything for me was normal (after several tests and one of them being a horrible X-ray of my Fallopian tubes) and that his counts are all great except motility - he’s at 2%. We have determined that it is from prolonged marijuana use, which he needs because he has severe stomach problems and will actually throw up and not be able to eat for days.  He is going to cut back and quit, which he wants to do for many reasons in addition to TTC, but that will bring about it's own set of challenges for him. 

Doctors have told us that IUI with me on chloride is an option for us - his counts are high and his motility is normal, so the only thing we are battling now is the low morphology.  I am having a difficult time deciding what to do here - does anyone have any experience with this?  Any other advice or feedback?  I'm extremely discouraged/frustrated/disappointed/defeated at this point and have been feeling like I may never be a mom. 

Re: Introduction *low morphology*

• Options
    heidis1heidis1 member
    edited September 2018
    @courtneyh2013  hi Courtney! This whole IF thing can b so stressful, scary, frustrating etc.. We also were diagnosed with Mfi. He was bad in all the areas! My tests came back normal. Iui wasn’t even an option for us. We did ivf in 2016 which resulted in our amazing bb who is now 18 months and recently tried again and are 4 weeks along currently. It can happen, dont give up!  Stay positive! Hope this helps
  • Options
    My husband (38) had 2% morphology too. I'm 35. He was put on clomid and hcg in Nov 2019. He also took L carnitine (in liquid form), vitamin d, vitamin c, ashwagandha and ZMA. He also feels that losing weight and excercise helped. He got into fitness during the lockdown and we conceived in June.

We were on a waitlist for iui that kept getting delayed because of covid. So of course we are still in disbelief. We had been trying since Dec 2017.

I hope this is helpful. :smile:

DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0