Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Check In Week of 9/3

gfgrumpgfgrump member
edited September 2018 in Pregnant after IF

It's either my last or second to last week on the board, so I'm getting us started.

Congrats to all our Mamas that had babies last week! 

This is a weekly check in for the mamas who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun. 

• How far along? EDD?
  • How is everyone feeling this week? 
  • Any upcoming appointments? 
  • GTKY:  How was your labor day weekend? Anything fun?

• If you're just joining us please post a: 
  • Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
  • How many babies you are pregnant with
  • If you know the gender(s)
  • How you have been feeling in your 3rd tri
  • Any upcoming or recent appointments you may have
Please let us know if you need to be added to the list below:
@sarcasticowl EDD 8/23 with a little girl
@lablover78 EDD 9/1 with a little boy Congrats!
@gfgrump EDD 9/6 with a little boy
@sarzee2 EDD 9/10 (inducing early 9/4 or 9/5) team green 
@BusinessWife EDD 9/9 team green
@adirat EDD 9/15 with a little boy
@chicandbubbly EDD 10/1 with a little girl
@halfanewt EDD 10/3 team green
@klyn7 EDD 10/6/18 team green
@Dragonfly6191 EDD 10/12 b/g twins!
@wildrainbow EDD 11/11 Eviction Date 10/22 for this little boy!
TTC #1
me- 37, DH- 38
Married 6.28.14, started TTC right away
BFP Nov 2015, PPROM Feb 2016
ER #1 May 2017, 15 retrieved, 10 fertilized, 3 day 5.
ER#2 July 2017, 22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5/6
9 embryos tested for pgs and pgd.  
FET #1 9.29.17- 1 embryo-BFN
FET#2 12.19.17- I embryo-BFP 1/1/18! Happy New Year to me! EDD 9/6/18
Baby boy born 9.11.18- the love of my life!

Re: 3rd Trimester Check In Week of 9/3

• How far along? EDD?
    39.5 (!!) Due Thursday. If baby doesn't show up this week, we're looking at inducing next weekendish. 
    How is everyone feeling this week?
    I'm feeling impatient and also not bad. Been having lots of contractions, but nothing is developing or moving closer together. Lots of BH as well. Some low back pain.   DH and I were out at a coffee shop yesterday and this woman says, "I'm an OBGYN if you need any assistance." And then she launches into how her 10 yr old saw me and said, "Mom, that woman looks like she needs a membrane sweep." Hahahaha.  I guess she has women at her house all the time and the kid is very used to it all. Her other advice was send your husband home to get some rest, since at least one of you should rest, and then the nurses will think he's a jerk and be nice to you.  She also said the Breast Friend is the best nursing pillow and you should bring it with you to the hospital and they'll help you learn to breast feed with it. It was a funny conversation.  

Any upcoming appointments? 
    NST and acupuncture wed. That woman convinced me.  I think I should call and see if I can get a membrane sweep. She says it can keep you from having to be induced, so we'll see. 

GTKY:  Today I had a very lazy day. Actually slept a lot last night, read a bunch, now doing some baking and sewing some burp cloths.  Trying really hard to just relax and rest bc it could be any day! Yesterday, I did do a brunch with some work friends who I won't see for a while.
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38

• How far along? EDD?
    30+2/ Nov 11, but delivery on or before 37 weeks.

How is everyone feeling this week?
    I'm sick as a dog. I don't have bronchitis, yet, but it has the potential to turn into that. I have to talk to my Dr today about what antibiotics I can take. Most need the liver to help break them down and mine isn't functioning properly thanks to ICP. It may be I just have to hope I get better before it gets worse. The worst part is I get contractions every time I cough, which just makes it more miserable. 

Any upcoming appointments?
    I see my OB today for weekly monitoring. We will be talking about when I'm starting NSTs, and delivery. Hopefully he can give me some insight on how to get better. I've been more and more contractions, which is probably due to being sick, but I want to mention it to hI'm.

GTKY: How was your Labor Day weekend? Anything fun?
    I've been sick all weekend, so I've berm miserable. Luckily, H took this week off, so he can be parent #1 to ds while I'm sick. It's hard to parent a toddler when you can't speak. 
  • Loading the player...
    • How far along? EDD? 34+ 2
    • How is everyone feeling this week? I actually felt great this weekend for the first time in a while! I kept noticing yesterday how "normal" I felt (aside from the giant stomach anyway!). Hoping this sticks around for a while!
    • Any upcoming appointments? 2x weekly U/S- Tuesday and Thursday this week along with an OB appt Thurs. Last Thursday a sonographer thought Baby B (my super itty bitty) wasn't getting enough blood flow to the head, and thanks to a series of unfortunate events (Doc getting pulled into emergency surgery, U/S report not showing up, etc) my doctor put me on "watch" that I might have to deliver that afternoon. Had to wait about 4 hours to get cleared- it was super stressful but we made it!
    • GTKY:  How was your labor day weekend? Anything fun? We were out on our boat on the lake all weekend with friends. I've been really uncomfortable the last few weeks on the boat but felt really great this weekend and it was just so nice to have a fun, long weekend. I promised myself this was my last weekend out on the water but after this past weekend being so good I'm sort of like....maaaaaybe again this weekend? :) 

1st cycle of IVF started April 9, 2017. ER- 15R, 7M, 5F, 4 frozen, 1 transferred. BFN

May 2017- Hysteroscopy

June-August 2017- 2nd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 08/10/17. BFP, but ended in a chemical.

November 2017- Hysteroscopy

January 2018- 3rd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 01/25/18. BOLD BFP on a HPT on 1/31, Beta # 1 on 2/5= 721. Beta # 2 on 2/7- 1903. 6wk+3 day scan revealed twins!

I'm blogging about it here

• How far along? EDD? 36 weeks and a few days!
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Feeling ok but starting to get a lot of pelvic pain- baby has definitely dropped. I also have awful insomnia and not sleeping well. I had my sprinkle this past week- it was so fun and my mom did a beautiful job. I will share some photos later :)
    • Any upcoming appointments? I have an OB visit Thursday.
    • GTKY:  How was your labor day weekend? Anything fun? It was pretty low key, family time and a friends bbq, lots of house projects and organizing!! I am feeling pretty ready- just want to do some more freezer meals.                       

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• How far along? EDD? 35+6, 10/3
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Tired. Long weekend + this week is back to work week. Eek! 
    • Any upcoming appointments? This morning, actually. Baby is head down, got to see ribs and a baby butt. Kinda fun :) 
    • GTKY:  How was your labor day weekend? Anything fun? Ended up with both my family and the in-laws visiting on fairly short notice for two separate overnights. Spent yesterday trying to jam 3 days worth of meal prep into 1. I’m still tired. Didn’t get it all done, but got a good start at least! 
  • @gfgrump love that the 10 year old chimes in! Exciting week for you!! 

@Dragonfly6191 that sounds stressful! Glad you got cleared and had a good long weekend to recover! 

@wildrainbow hope you feel better soon :( 

@chicandbubbly a low key weekend sounds lovely! 
  • hottietoddyhottietoddy member
    edited September 2018
    Haven't heard from @sarcasticowl in a while hope she is doing okay and sending good vibes! ♥️

Also, dumb question, where do we are go now to post and keep in touch. The PAIF Graduate new mommy monthly thread? 
  • @hottietoddy Definitely join us on the graduate new mommy thread! 
  • I agree with that random doctor- My Brest Friend IS the best pillow. I registered for the boppy and received 2 but my friend told me she was going to give me this other pillow that she had just finished using. I actually had my mom go to my house and bring it to the hospital b/c I needed something. All the RNs and even my OB commented on how great it is. You can buckle it on and then sit down with baby rather than getting positioned once you’re down and you’re almost handsfree except for positioning baby’s head and it avoided my c-section incision. Photo: 

TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • I wanted to update after my appointment yesterday. I another UTI, which I'm getting rocefen for, because that combined with being really sick is taxing my body. This is a last ditch effort to keep me out of the hospital. I will now not past 36 weeks and if my liver enzymes spike significantly, then he is taking the baby. This means that I could potentially deliver between now and 36 weeks. I was left reeling a little bit. I knew things were a little more serious this time around, but I guess I was hoping for a little more leeway or something. Either way, I'm slightly overwhelmed and now I have to put my friends who are keeping ds on call, in case we have to deliver sooner than expected. Now, I have to keep my bag, H's bag, and ds' bag packed, just in case. 
  • Oh wow @wildrainbow. Here's hoping the meds help everything settle down... (((hugs)))
  • @wildrainbow hugs <3 hope the meds help baby stay put a little longer and that your body settles down! 
  • hottietoddyhottietoddy member
    edited September 2018
    Thinking of you @wildrainbow, hope the meds help you feel a little better. Hang in there mama not long to go! One of my favorite affirmations- you are stronger than you think!
  • So sorry @wildrainbow.  Try to keep your chin up and focus on one day at a time.  Get some rest and I really hope the meds help. 
    Sending out positive vibes to @sarzee2. I think you were induced yesterday.  
    AFM, still getting contractions, but only about once an hour and they aren't developing. I thought last night was the start, even called my doula, but turns out my body is just playing tricks on me. So easy to get excited. Had my NST today and everything was fine.  Going to 2x/week starting next week and will do a membrane sweep monday.  I think I kind of get to choose when to be induced, so I'm thinking a week from satruday, which will be 41+2. I think we'll schedule next monday. I'm nervous about going much longer but I don't want to be too aggressive and just trying to be patient.  It is so hard to give over all control!  Come on baby, make your appearance.  It doesn't help that I have 2 weeks of parents and in-laws coming starting saturday and for some reason DH and I are at each other's throats.  I'm just like, ahhhh.  This is supposed to be a nice time--I'm on maternity leave and chilling.  I guess not sleeping and anxiety about not being in control is contributing. Anyway, sorry for the vent. Off to watch some Shameless to take my mind off things.
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38

• Wow! @Dragonfly6191 that is a bit of a change in plans!  Glad you are feeling good about it.  You are meeting your squishes so very soon!
  • @Dragonfly6191 That is a lot of drama. FX all goes smoothly. Are they giving you a steroid shot?
  • Wow, looks like we're having a baby boom. I also think I'm in labor, well early labor. Been having contractions every 20-30 mins all night long. We'll see what happens today.

@Dragonfly6191 I'll be hoping and praying that it all works or for your twins. At least you can relax and try to give both u and them as much rest as possible this weekend.

Congrats @BusinessWife. Maybe we'll up with babies with the same bday. After all this time together on these boards, how funny. I'll be checking for your updates!! 
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38

• @Dragonfly6191
    I hope everything goes smoothly! My singleton was born at 35 weeks and she did fabulously -- 35 weeks (even with twins) is really late pre-term and they can often adapt as well as term babies. Being a little smaller and twins, they'll probably want to keep an eye on them and make sure they're gaining, but it sounds like everything is in hand! 

You'll be surprised how fast the c-section goes :smile:  and then babies!
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Thanks for all the well wishes!

@wildrainbow Yes on the steroids- I actually had them really early- maybe 30 weeks? Initially, and then a booster yesterday. They always make me feel like total poo but hopefully they help!

1st cycle of IVF started April 9, 2017. ER- 15R, 7M, 5F, 4 frozen, 1 transferred. BFN

May 2017- Hysteroscopy

June-August 2017- 2nd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 08/10/17. BFP, but ended in a chemical.

November 2017- Hysteroscopy

January 2018- 3rd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 01/25/18. BOLD BFP on a HPT on 1/31, Beta # 1 on 2/5= 721. Beta # 2 on 2/7- 1903. 6wk+3 day scan revealed twins!

I'm blogging about it here

• @Dragonfly6191 They will help immensely. Ds was born at 35 weeks. I had 2 sets of steroid shots and he didnt need any NICU time. I realize twins are a whole different ballgame, but they should help tremendously and hopefully your babes wont need as much monitoring. 
  • 2MomsHoping2MomsHoping member
    edited September 2018
    Lurking holy moly lots of babies on the way!
    @wildrainbow I would be reeling too. Sending good vibes your way. It sounds like you and your baby are in good hands. Just keep telling yourself all will be well. 
    @dragonfly6191 best wishes for a smooth delivery for your twins!
    @gfgrump dw and I had an awful week the week before the baby came. I was insanely stressed, nervous, and worried. It was like life as we knew it was about to totally change and how could that not freak your out a little.  Don’t worry you guys will find your groove again.  It’s mychbeasier once all the “helpers” leave. 
    @sarzee2 hope you have your little one in your arms and recovering well. 
    @businesswife. Happy official leave it’s almost baby time can’t wait to find out if your little one is a boy or a girl!
    Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• Update: things stalled out after about 16 hours straight of contractions every 20-30 mins. I basically didn't sleep. Super annoying but i got a full night of sleep last night and that's probably the most important thing. Going to do some yoga, walking and keep trying to rest where possible and maybe things will start up again. Got my parents coming in today so just have to work on my zen. At least they're not staying with me.

@BusinessWife ans @sarzee2 any updates?
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38

• @sarzee2 Congrats, hun! He's beautiful!!
  • @sarzee2 congratulations!!!
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Congratulations @sarzee2 he’s beautiful and I’m glad your delivery went well!!!!  Welcome
    to mommyhood ❤️
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @sarzee2 congratulations!! He’s a cutie! 
  • Yayy!
    @gfgrump
    Congrats! He's perfect! And omg, your hospital has different blankies! Mine just had the striped one you see everywhere. Remember to take one home; they are awesome for swaddling. Technically you're not supposed to take one, but no one's going to do anything if you slip one into your bag :smile:  Even my nurse told me to take one!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• oh and @sarzee2
    I'm not sure how I didn't congratulate you here! Mommy brains I guess! He looks so happy and sweet!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @gfgrump congratulations!!!!!  He looks adorable and I love their blankets at your hospital. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and snuggles and bonding with your little. Welcome to the other side :)

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• ***lurking***

@gfgrump Congrats! Looks like we delivered at the same hospital! The nurses there are awesome. Be sure to ask for a belly binder, if no one mentioned it to you yet. It’ll help with the recovery and made getting out of bed easier. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Congratulations!!  @gfgrump and @sarzee2  Such beautiful little boys!!  Enjoy all those hard-won newborn snuggles, ladies! ❤❤❤❤❤