Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 9/3

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.** 
**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW

Ages of other child(ren)

Any thoughts about this cycle

Any questions

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: What are some family traditions you or your SO had growing up that you are/will be incorporating into your own family?

Re: TFAS w/o 9/3

• What number are you trying for? 2 

Month/Cycle? 8/9

WTO/TWW? Tww

Ages of other child(ren)? 6 (can't believe it) 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not sure. Ff keeps changing my O day

Any questions? None

Rant/Rave/Brag: I love that dd is more independent. We went to a trampoline park for her birthday and I really liked that I could sit in the general area she was in not have to stand and hover over her. 

GTKY: What are some family traditions you or your SO had growing up that you are/will be incorporating into your own family? We didn't have any traditions growing up. Now we zoo birthday trips, favorite restaurant birthday dinners, 25 days of Christmas books, and I make our Halloween costumes  
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm that's really sweet that you make your halloween costumes. i loved when my mom still did that and would play dress up with them the rest of the year. 

What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 4

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm happy that I got to 26 days last month, so I'm hopeful that this month will be easier to read. I was going to start temping but I think I just need to chill out this month, focus on making healthy decisions and better timing. 

Any questions? nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: I have cramps and am feeling generally down from PMS, I just want this week to be over already even though it's barely started. 

GTKY: What are some family traditions you or your SO had growing up that you are/will be incorporating into your own family? We spent every summer camping and I think that would be nice to keep that up for a greater appreciation of nature and the environment. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm I love independence. Even at only 2 DD is more independent and I like it so much better!

@mamanbebe sorry for PMS. :(

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? We haven't even tried yet - it's not even my FW - and I already feel like it's a wash. I guess I'm just down on TTC in general.

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave/Brag: First week of 10k training went off without a hitch! It was the first time I've run 4 miles since the end of last year and it actually went really well. All that damn stroller running pays off!

GTKY: What are some family traditions you or your SO had growing up that you are/will be incorporating into your own family? Not concrete traditions per se but holidays in our family were just so jolly and fun with lots of food and drinking, and that's all I ever want. I hate living far away from family but I try to make the holidays super fun even with just three of us.
  • What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 11 months but corrected at almost 8 months.

Any thoughts about this cycle? Am very hopeful and just hope the timing is right this time.

Any questions? Can't think of anything at the moment.

Rant/Rave/Brag: My DD has had a feeding tube (NG) in her nose since birth and needs surgery on the 20th of this month to insert a tube into her stomach to help correct the feeding issues she is having. She refuses to eat anything by mouth, especially a bottle. Her acid reflux is so bad, she vomits alot. Today we tried to feed her by mouth all day with no help from the tube to no avail. *Sigh*, thats my rant. Also, no one understands how difficult and stressful this has been on DH and I. Done, now, thanks for reading!

GTKY: What are some family traditions you or your SO had growing up that you are/will be incorporating into your own family? Baking homemade birthday cakes (first one coming soon!), and yearly camping trips.
  • @mokay19 from last week's thread...glad that your treatment seems straightforward. FX your appointment in 2 weeks is simple with the new OB.

@asupernovablizzardstorm Sorry that FF keeps moving O. Tell me more about 25 days of christmas books!

@mamanbebe good for you for taking another month off of temping. DH things it's weird that I temp since we just started trying (when DD wakes up and he has to go get her) but I want just can't not.

@ottergirl81 I'm all about the homemade birthday cake, too! I made a giant cupcake (from a mold) for DD's 1 year a couple of weeks ago.

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 2/1

WTO/TWW? TWW although basically WFAF I think?

Ages of other child(ren)? 1

Any thoughts about this cycle? I had a big dip below the cover line this morning following up on a slight dip the past 2 days so thinking I'm out but I still keep symptom spotting.

Any questions? 9DPO seems too soon for such a big dip when I used to have 32 day cycles (temped orally so was too rocky to pinpoint O before my first pregnancy). But the temp decrease seems like AF must be on the way, not an "implantation dip" that's going to come back (https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/684beb)

Rant/Rave/Brag: Rant: I'm getting all this cramping which adds to me think that AF is on the way...but was also my main pregnancy symptom for my first which is a total mind F***. 9DPO  seems like it's too early for any of that but I have no clue how many DPO I was when it started last time. I basically had 4 days of AF cramping with no AF so I tested. I'm on day 2 of cramping with no AF now. It's giving me hope that my temp will go back up tomorrow and that I'm not out. Also...if I am, WTF to the super short LP I was hoping I would avoid despite still BFing.

GTKY: What are some family traditions you or your SO had growing up that you are/will be incorporating into your own family? Christmas (Eve) PJs. I think that's it. Unless baseball count? We brought DD to my team's baseball game back in April and DH's team's today while they were visiting the local MLB team.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @asupernovablizzardstorm - I love the idea of 25 days of Christmas books! Does your DD love to read?

@mamanbebe - I'm glad you have a longer cycle last time. Was it your LP that lengthened? I love summer camping too! Do you tent camp or camper?

@rift323 - I know how you feel, feeling that your cycle is a wash even before it starts. At least it kind of helps me temper my hopes. Did you have issues getting pregnant the first time around?

@ottergirl81 - I hope that YD surgery goes well and that it fixes the feeding issues. 

@kvh22 - Ugh no! I was hoping your LP would be nice and long. How many times are you BFing a day?

What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 4/4

WTO/TWW? WTO, but I'm pretty sure I had an-O cycle.

Ages of other child(ren)? 11 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Yeah no...

Any questions? We are in the process of switching from bottle to sippy, so I decided to try to switch from warm BM to cold, to prepare for the switch to cow's milk, but DD is not having it. She's fine with warmed milk in a sippy. So my question is, is it hard to transition from warmed cow's milk to cold, if I just warm everything in her sippy up? Help from those who have weaned before.

Rant/Rave/Brag: DD gets to move up to the next class in daycare because she's been walking for so long (3 months). She's been trampling over the other crawlers in her age group and climbing on top of the walkers that they push around. 

GTKY: What are some family traditions you or your SO had growing up that you are/will be incorporating into your own family? Huge Thanksgiving dinners with everyone over; one present on Christmas eve; birthday kid gets to choose dinner, dessert, and a movie to watch.
  • @meatball17 - My parents had that rule too! We could only open our stockings before they got up. They also told us we couldn't get up any earlier than 6am. 
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm I dream of the day I don’t have to hover. Lol

@mamanbebe camping sounds like a fun tradition. DH is an Eagle Scout and I’m sure he wished I was more into camping. We did go when I was little and I remember it being a lot of fun. 

@riff323 doesnt 6 months make such a huge difference? I feel like at 2 I can trust her to watch a tv show while I shower. (We have everything baby proofed srill. Gates, locks, furniture anchored). 

@ottergirl81 I am sorry for the feeding tube situation for DD. How frustrating. Preemies have so many more milestones they have to hit. I hope the surgery is successful. 

• @marebear15 we didn't have issues the first time around (it took 6 months), but I think I feel so crummy about the whole thing because I don't exactly want to do it again. Pregnancy was miserable and the newborn stage sucked. I'm just having nerves about adding another child in general. I love having DD all to myself and giving her all my attention. I love how independent she is, and she's always been relatively easy so I'm dreading what the next kid could be like. I have more soul-searching to do I guess.
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WTO/TWW? TWW, 7DPO

Ages of other child(ren)? 23mo

Any thoughts about this cycle? I had brief, sharp abdomen pain two days after O. I had it the first pregnancy, so hoping it's a sign I'm knocked up and it was implantation pain, because I'd highly prefer a May baby to a July/August (DH is away next cycle). 

Any questions? Any tips for 2yr sleep regression? It's killing us slowly.

Rant/Rave/Brag: 

GTKY: What are some family traditions you or your SO had growing up that you are/will be incorporating into your own family

My family is middle-eastern, so we have our new year on the first day of spring. Food is amazing, there's a whole setup of symbolic items, and we always got brand new money and new clothes. So it's another big holiday on top of Thanksgiving and Christmas (which my family didn't do, but DH's does). Kiddos are gonna be spoiled.
  • foodislovefoodislove member
    edited September 2018
    @asupernovablizzardstorm Also loving the 25 days of Christmas books! What a lovely idea. My mom also made our costumes up until we were in high school and she cried because she didn't have the time. What are you making this year!?

@mamanbebe So with you on the camping! DH never really camped as a kid, but we did every summer and we're taking DS to a local park (10 minutes from home) that has camp sites to do an overnight in October when it's still relatively warmish. I need to get a bigger tent though.

@riff323 Well done on the run. :)

@ottergirl81 Hugs on feeding difficulties. I'm so sorry it's rough and causing extra stress that your local support doesn't get. :(<3

@kvh22 FX'd your temp goes up.

@marebear15 We use the Munchkin360 cups and he takes both warm and cold milk. He prefers warm first thing in the morning, and occasionally when he's not well, we do warm before bed. Can do you just slowly lower the temperature with time? Like when you do 75BM/25Whole, then 50/50, etc. to transition to milk?

meatballs37 I missed your question on teething. We're at 23mo and no back molars yet.
  • @foodislove ugh the 2 year sleep regression! The best advice I saw online was just to keep things as normal as possible (just like alllll the other sleep regressions... lol). We went through it too and it sucks. Hang in there!
  • I second the 2 year sleep regression. I think we are still in the midst of it. We moved her night light more so she could see it and I think it might be helping some. Ugh. Commiserating with you 
  • mamanbebemamanbebe member
    edited September 2018
    @marebear15 I think so! My O has been hovering around 12-16 this year but LP has often been too short. This month it was probably 13! On camping, we bought a camper this summer. My H wanting to get tents initially but we've had a lot of cougar sitings and some attacks nearby so I'd rather safely seal us off from nature while we sleep :) 

@meatballs37 I'm right there with you. I loved camping as a kid but haven't been as nature-bound as an adult. DH is very into hiking/fishing/exploring with DS and I enjoy hanging out at the campsite with our dog and a good book. On molars, I think that we were on the late end on some of the teeth too but you can always take your LO in for their first dentist exam around now and they can feel around to let you know when stuff will be arriving. 

@foodislove that sounds like fun! that's so great that you all are starting camping with your son young, he'll be a little nature boy before you know it :) oh, and 2 year sleep regression, I have a full-sized bed for my son and we had a chunk of time where my H and I would have to go in and sleep with him every night at like.. 2 or 3am until morning. It only lasted a few weeks and then we were back to normal again. Good luck! 

@kvh22 that's great that you started out temping right away! last time around i used it to map out my fertility week and get a better sense of what happens in my cycles. although after i just posted above, i broke down and ordered a box of cheapy ovuluation and pregnancy strips + a bbt thermometer which I may or may not start playing around with this month :) 
  • What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO (CD 8)

Ages of other child(ren)? 1

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not really. Going to try for really good timing again but not overly optimistic.  

Any questions?

Rant/Rave/Brag:  Rave:Took DS to his first baseball game this weekend to meet his Sesame Street friends! He loved it. Rant: So sick of this hot weather. I'm really ready for Fall. 

GTKY: What are some family traditions you or your SO had growing up that you are/will be incorporating into your own family? So one thing that I never had were annual family vacations but that is something that I want to do for our own family. 
  • @ottergirl81:  I'm so sorry about the feeding troubles, and hope the new tube helps.

@meatballs37:  I'm loving 2 years, too.  She's absolutely hilarious, and it's amazing day to day what she learns.  

@kvh22:  I know I'm a day late on your message, but looks like your temp went back up!  yay!

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Actually keeping up with temping fairly decently, and just pulled out the trusty OPKs.  Getting ready to start HIO now.  ;)

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave/Brag: None right now.

GTKY: What are some family traditions you or your SO had growing up that you are/will be incorporating into your own family?  Really, nothing very unique.  Pretty run of the mill holiday celebrations with both families. Ha.
  • @marebear15 In regards to the whole warm/cold transition, we slowly warmed the breastmilk less and less once we started to wean.  I decided to focus on the warm to cold transition first before doing the transition from bottle to cup so that it wasn't too much change at once.  It probably took 2-3 weeks to do the warm to cold transition and then once he was pretty good about the temperature we started the bottle transition.  If I remember right, I think we did the bottle transition and milk transition around the same time but slowly incorporated the cow's milk in bigger proportions over time.

Month/Cycle? 10/12

WTO/TWW?  WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 20 months

Any thoughts about this cycle?  Well, yes, because I apparently was able to write a novel about it in the IF thread this morning.  I'll keep it short here - TBD if we are doing treatment again or not this cycle.  

Any questions?  Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag:  We might be doing a long weekend away this weekend with our son to one of my fave places, so I'm hoping it all works out.

GTKY: What are some family traditions you or your SO had growing up that you are/will be incorporating into your own family?  My fave one is doing a snowman sugar cookie decorating contest on Christmas Eve.  My family has done it forever and the snowmen have gotten very... we'll say "creative"... over the years lol.
  • edited September 2018

Month/Cycle? 4/4

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 15mo

Any thoughts about this cycle? Hoping for good timing!

Any questions

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS climbs on everything and he’s turning into real daredevil. He loves to stand on the arm of the couch (!!) and look at you for your disapproval. We obviously don’t condone him standing on the arm (an dget him down immediately), but it is pretty funny to see him really starting to push our boundaries. He is a stubborn little guy already. 

GTKY: What are some family traditions you or your SO had growing up that you are/will be incorporating into your own family? We didn’t have a whole bunch of traditions growing up, but we have already started a couple of our own: Christmas crackers and a Christmas Eve box. When we travel we get Christmas ornaments so it is a lot of fun to decorate the tree and reminisce about all of the trips we have taken. We usually take a big trip around our anniversary, so I am sure that will continue as our family gets bigger (although it might have to move to June when the kids are in school).

@marebear15 Here is a run-down of what we did. 11mo - started mixing BM and MooMilk in bottle, warmed. 12mo - switched to MooMilk in bottle, not warmed as much. 13mo - gave MooMilk in *new* straw cup (Camelbak Eddy) cold. Stopped offering bottle as a supplement. Milk offered only at seated meal/snack times. Water is available and offered frequently as needed.

@asupernovablizzardstorm Do you get 25 new books every year, or so you only get a couple new ones and wrap the existing books? Are they all Christmas themed? Lol. I like the idea!

@Sparty18 I like the idea of a cookie decorating contest! Usually if we decorate cookies I end up decorating them all.

@riff323 Great job running! I was an avid runner for many years but have fallen off the wagon in the last 5 years or so. I’m trying to do a few runs a month though. It is an easy way to excercise with the little one in the stroller!

*edit because words
  • klmcguireklmcguire member
    edited September 2018

What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 4

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 6 & 3 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Kids and I went camping this weekend and I am pretty sure we missed my FW 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: 1st grade has been such a better experience than K. I am absolutely loving his teacher and I am a Homeroom mom. We are having a great first month and I have been so happy about it. 

GTKY: What are some family traditions you or your SO had growing up that you are/will be incorporating into your own family?  We don't really have any traditions per se, more so family that we are with on certain days. Like my family is Christmas Eve and DH family is new years. Other than that growing up and our schedules now are so non consistent it is hard to have "traditions" 

ETS: I guess we do an advent calendar every year and the Elf. 
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm A cookie contest sounds like so much fun! I have really enjoyed our boys being independent and sometimes I wonder why I am rocking the boat by trying for a third! I mean, I can poop alone right now. 

mamanbebe  We have absolutely loved camping. I NEVER thought it was something that I would get into, but its so nice taking the tent out and letting the kids fish, kayak and not look at their ipads for a couple of days! We are buying a camper hopefully in the spring and I am pumped! 

@riff323 I am in week 4 of half training and even though I did a half ironman in May I have done absolutely nothing since then... 4 miles was hard haha! 

@marebear15 For us once we made the switch from BM to cows it was easier to go hot to cold there instead of with BM. 

@meatballs37 We have always been late bloomers on teeth, I want to say it was closer to the 2.5-3 year mark with our 6 YO. The 3YO got his right at 2. 

@foodislove No tips. We did horrible with DS1 let him come to our bed then had to fight to get him out at 3. With DS2 he never had any issues, but they sleep together. 

@lillywonderland We have a stubborn kid in our house right now killing me. Literally, if I have to say, 'Don't go out of the fence" one more time this week I may crack lol. 

• @mrsjqg1024 I am so over this hot weather too. Before kids I loved it! I used to wear my cute sundresses and sandals. Now I’m like, is it fall yet so I can wear pants? And not sweat trying to carry in groceries and wrangle my toddler who is throwinba tantrum in the driveway. 

@lcking82 hooray for 2! I don’t know why they call it the terrible twos. I love that DD can tell me what she wants most of the time. I’ve heard 3 is the real challenge. At 2 I think there is still a good chunk of innocence left that makes them cute even when they are naughty. 

@Sparty18 the cookie contest on Christmas Eve sounds so fun! Do you leave these cookies out for Santa? 

@lillywonderland we lucked out that DD isn’t a climber. In fact she sucks at it. Lol. But I definitely recognize that defiant look with other things. “Hey mom, you watching? I’m gonna do something I know you hate on purpose. Weeeee.” 

@kvh22  thanks :) I will probably still continue to TW them just to be safe. I know some here might be trying with a similar history and sometimes it’s just easier to not think about those stresses. 

@klmcguire So glad school is going better this year. Is it just a better teacher? I bet that makes all the difference. I secretly can’t wait to me a “school mom” but I am enjoying my time home with DD too and I know it doesn’t last long. 

• @meatballs37 I can't decide if its maturity or teacher...

TLDR: He is the youngest kid in 1st. His bday is 8/28 and met the cut off date by 2 days. I am selfish and did not want to pay $500 a month daycare for another year when our school system has a Pre-First program (he had already finished pre-k). So I sent him on to K, he did fine, but mainly because the teacher is super hardcore and made sure her entire class did fine. His confidence was so bad though. He was not sure that he knew the material even though he was great at it. Testing for Pre-First happened, but they only kept 18 of the 25 tested and ds1 would have been the last one they took because he knew all the material and was seemingly at an average level. 

This year he enjoys homework and gets excited to tell me about what goes on in his classroom and has learned more in the first 3 weeks (or has more to show for it) than the entire year last year.

So, I am not sure if the teacher was being so hard that he wasn't enjoying his class or if he was not ready to go to school at all (even though he has been in a structured facility for 4 years) and excelling this year. 

Sorry this got long. 

• @klmcguire I bet it’s a little bit of both. That’s great that there is such a improvement this year in his enthusiasm. DD’s birthday is 8/9. So we will have the same dilemma. Although I stay home with her mon-fri and she is with DH on the weekends when I work. I am worried she won’t do well in a school setting because she has huge separation anxiety (I know pre-k is a ways off). But a part of me wonders if daycare helps them be a little more independent. We have done gymnastics, dance class, and an explorer class at the ymca so she gets some social interaction. She loved them all. 
  • @klmcguire woohoo for a half Ironman!!! #goals
  • @meatballs37 It is seriously the hardest decision that I have ever made and I feel like it still keeps me up at night thinking I may have sent him to early. In our BMB from August 2012 it's pretty split on who went at the time and who waited the extra year. 

I am sure your DD will do great whenever you send her. It seems she is getting some good kin interactions in so a classroom wouldn't be a complete shock. 

• @kvh22 we wrap up 25 Christmas themed books and put them under the tree. And every night she gets to open one for us to read at bedtime.

@foodislove she keeps changing but we do family themed ones. Right now she wants to be a witch.

@lillywonderland we get a couple of new ones but it's a mixed of winter/snow and Christmas books
  • @ottergirl81 hopefully the feeding improves for you and your DH.  I can’t even imagine that stress!

@kvh22 hopefully that 10 DPO jump is a good sign!

@marebear15 I never had success giving DD cold breast milk, but she would be okay with cow’s milk being cold.  So, during our transition, she was still getting warm BM/formula mix and cold cow’s milk.  I think she just didn’t like the BM/formula to be cold but the different beverage was okay. Oh… also, cold water.

@meatballs37 I don’t know anything about molars since my only child is 13 months, but she juuuust popped her first teeth now so I think the “normal” time for teeth is a lot larger than google and some doctor’s present

@mrsjqg1024 one of the main things that makes me excited to move back to the Midwest for is the crisp fall weather! Heavenly!

@Sparty18 I read your novel in the IF thread.  I don’t have any Clomid experience, but have you tried or talked about Femara/Letrozole?  I had thought/heard that Femara should work better to only produce 1-2 follicles and Clomid is known to produce multiples.  Also, Clomid is supposed to be worse for cysts so maybe you’d want to discuss a change?  (sorry if you’ve discussed this all before!)

• What number are you trying for?  2

Month/Cycle? 3/1

WTO/TWW?  Waiting For Anything

Ages of other child(ren)?  1

Any thoughts about this cycle?  a lot of mean thoughts 

Any questions? nope

Rant/Rave/Brag:  DD has her first teeth coming through and she has 2 that have broken through the gums and 1 more pushing hard.  She's been so needy and clingy.  Tomorrow is her eye appt even though the goopy-ness is gone I'm still taking her just in case.  It would be my luck that right when I cancel, it comes back.

Also, tomorrow we have a plumber coming for our high water pressure that has to be fixed to sell the house and the movers coming to estimate the weight! 

GTKY: What are some family traditions you or your SO had growing up that you are/will be incorporating into your own family?  Only getting 3 gifts for Christmas like Jesus did, hiding Easter baskets, having a huge 4th of July party..... I realize that those are all from my family. DH's family doesn't really have traditions so I just implement my desires :)
  • marebear15marebear15 member
    edited September 2018
    @rift323 - I understand your feelings about not wanting to do the newborn stage again. Sometimes I think, how am I going to do this all over again with a toddler!? But I've had baby fever since DD was like 6 months old lol.

@mamanbebe - Growing up we always camped in a popup. It was great fun with all us siblings piling into the tiny beds. I'd love to take DD camping sometime this fall.

@mrsjqg1024 - I always loved our annual family trips. I'm glad that you are planning on incorporating it into your family.

@Sparty18 - LOL! I can just imagine those "adult material" snowmen. DH got fun with his cookies last year, and made one of me and my nursing boobs  :D

@lillywonderland - DD is starting to climb like that. I'm not looking forward to the moment she figures out how to climb onto the couch.

@kvh22 - Are you planning on cutting down on the pumps? I think it might help your LP lengthen.

@klmcguire - Our school district here has a cut off of January 1st. So even though it may seem like your kid is the youngest in his class, in the grand scheme of things, he's probably not the youngest. If he's doing well, then you made the right decision!

@mokay19 - Are you still waiting for your first PP period? I love the idea of 3 gifts like Jesus for Christmas! Might have to steal that one.

Thank you to everyone that chimed in with weaning tips. I think I was trying too many changes at once. So we are planning on doing sippy cups warmed with BM until we slowly change that over to cow's milk. And then try to get her to drink it cold again. Anyone move to cow's milk earlier than 12 months? (I realize it's not recommended.)
  • @marebear15 We did the cow milk transition earlier than 12mo. Our pedi told us we could introduce it at 9mo in the form of Cheerios soaked in milk, and then we just progressed from there. My sister did the same thing with my nephew (and her SIL (who is a pedi nurse) did the same thing...). I believe they’re mostly concerned with allergies and constipation by giving cow milk before 12mo, but if your LO eats yogurt and cheese fine there’s really no reason why you can’t slowly introduce it mixed with BM. Part of the reason we introduced it early was because my BM supply (and freezer stash) was dwindling and I thought it was pointless to introduce formula for a month and then transition to cow milk. I started with an ounce or two of cow milk mixed with BM and just kept increasing it. 

@mokay19 Oh man, you have too high of water pressure? I would so want a bit of that pressure for our house! DH and I would love to have double shower heads our bathroom but when we asked our plumber about the possibility he said it would be kinda pointless since it would require a lot of water pressure.

@klmcguire I an glad you (and YS) seem to have a teacher that is going to be a great fit! It really does seem like a great teacher does wonders for kids and learning (Mrs. Rock if you’re out there - you were the BEST!!). If it makes you feel better - all of my siblings and I were on the younger side and we all did great in school! 
  • Thank you all for the support. <3 DH actually said yesterday, "Maybe we shouldn't have another." And then we ended up talking about it and we came to the conclusion that we're both just feeling normal feelings of fear, just like we did before we had DD. When we were talking about it, the realization hit me that DD could be our one and only and it made me feel really sad and regretful! That's a good sign.
  • @marebear15 Our cutoff here is Sept 1. He is doing well and I dont really regret it because holding him back to doing preK again would have caused him to become bored or not challenged enough. Lots of pros and cons to both ways. We are enjoying it and I am glad that we are where we are right now!

@lillywonderland DH was the youngest in his class and he always loved it. So I am hoping he takes on his daddy's mind set. He said he always felt accomplished and proud to be graduating at 17 and already be in college before turning 18.

• @marebear15 yup! But I have PCOS and I've never had a cycle on my own so my hopes aren't too high for anything to happen

@lillywonderland yes, I never would have guessed that people would want LOWER water pressure because I love our water pressure.  Though, I do understand that the pipes are only rated for a certain psi so any constant workings above that might be an issue for the longevity of the pipes.
  • @marebear15 thanks! I'm not pumping at all, just letting her BF so my plan is to keep it as is until I see what happens this cycle. Temp still up this morning. Also, at our 1yr appt. tomorrow, DD's ped recommended just slowly introducing a sip here and there of whole milk so the transition isn't a shock. I did it with a straw this morning and she had maybe 1/2-1oz. cold. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. I know lots of mamas who introduced a bit of whole milk to supplement before 12 months instead of adding formula - just within that last month if they dried up/weaned and didn't want to figure out formula. I forget if you have any stash but that could help you wean earlier if you do. The ped also wasn't super concerned with volume since DD eats a yogurt and cheese stick every day, too. All of that counts!

@riff323 so glad you and YH talked it out. DH definitely wants another kid as he hated not having siblings close in age but he also makes comments about "how are we going to do this with 2?" occasionally - most recently while I was traveling for work and he solo-parented (I do 90% of the work to get DD out of the house to daycare while he gets ready for work AND he can't cook to save his life). If/when we get our BFP I know he'll be excited eventually but I'm prepared for some initial shock while he processes it even though we're actively trying.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? Shy of two

Any thoughts about this cycle? The last one was so odd.  This period was odd too, it was only two days, then one spotting, back on for a day and now brown spotting.  If this cycle is super spotting too I may go to NTNP until this spotting gets under control.

Any questions? Eh. Not right now.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Nothing too big going on.  Had a blast in the pool with my little guy, he loves it so much!  I’m sad the swim season is over, but am thinking of doing swim lessons in the winter for him. Last week’s check-in reminded me I forget to make his two year appointment.   

GTKY: What are some family traditions you or your SO had growing up that you are/will be incorporating into your own family?

No big ones really.  A few Christmas ones, like watching The Miracle on 34th Street while putting up the tree. This kind of makes me sad, will have to start some of our own.

• @kvh22 we have the same feelings here: how on earth is this going to work?! Obviously people do it all the time, but that doesn't make it any easier. Luckily I've had a bunch of friends recently have their second so I at least know some of the struggles to expect. Also, I think that even when you're actively TTC, men don't always seem to realize that pregnancy is the desired outcome... lol. It still seems like a shock to many of them!