April 2019 Moms

Week 2 (4/8-4/14) Check-in (w/o 8/27)

2»

Re: Week 2 (4/8-4/14) Check-in (w/o 8/27)

• @jmesue1030 I am planning an unmedicated home birth after cesarean with a group of midwives. I'm really excited for it actually. I didn't have anything close to the type of birth I wanted last time so I'm advocating for myself constantly this time around.

• @angelob88 that’s so exciting!! I love working with midwives! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @thurstober I’m so sorry!! My sister had a blighted ovum and we definitely had to grieve the loss of the baby we were anticipating. So hard. Hugs!
  • @thurstober I am so sorry, please take care of yourself.
  • @thurstober I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you are good to yourself and you can heal. xoxo
  • Due date 4/14
    Appointments: none yet, still trying to find an ob who takes my insurance. But getting hcg levels drawn with my pcp tomorrow

Questions: has any one had thick mucousy brown discharge? Almost seems like its the mucous plug forming or something. It was only once but it freaked me out.

How am i feeling? 
    Exhausted all the time. I just want to sleep all day. 

Least favorite chore? Waking up
  • bhoop941bhoop941 member
    edited August 2018
    Due date 4/14
    Appointments: none yet, still trying to find an ob who takes my insurance. But getting hcg levels drawn with my pcp tomorrow

Questions: has any one had thick mucousy brown discharge? Almost seems like its the mucous plug forming or something. It was only once but it freaked me out.

How am i feeling? 
    Exhausted all the time. I just want to sleep all day. 

Least favorite chore? Waking up
    Waking up hahaha. So, so true. 
  • reddd619reddd619 member
    edited September 2018
    Hi gals! I am new and still trying to figure all this out! Pregnant with my first. Had a MC about 11years ago.

Due Date: 4/9
    Appointments: 2 weeks ago had the initial appt to discuss medical history and last week had my first appt- PAP smear, breast exam, AND ULTRASOUND! It was such a relief to see the blob (lol) and hear a heartbeat at 177! We were hoping for twins but midwife didnt seem to think it was. I'll post my US pic on that thread in a bit. Next appt is end of Sept and planning to visit a local 3D/4D place at 15wks for gender reveal!

Questions: I read one of yall mentioning a friend didnt find out twins until 20wks, but have any of yall (or known someone) had an ultrasound that didnt reveal twins early on and then returned wks later and found out it was twins? 

How am I feeling? EXHAUSTED. I've had many moments of cramping, which scares the crap out of me and a bit of nausea- but have only actually puked when brushing teeth. Yuck. And I'm soooo hungry all the time. It's when I haven't ate when the nausea is worst.

My least favorite chore is definitely laundry and I'm quite relieved most of yall agree, makes me feel normal and not as lazy as Mans makes me feel.

Sorry I'm late in getting active in this community, my job consumes my life!! 
  • @reddd619 Welcome! I was the one with a friend who found out at 20 weeks about her twins, but don’t get your hopes up that it will happen to you. It’s really rare that they miss it at the early ultrasound, something like 1-2% of twin pregnancies. So it’s possible, but not likely.