1st Trimester

What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

Re: What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

• Got my BFP this afternoon, after AF was mia for 2 days! This is pretty solid, right? First time mom here so just want to make sure before I get even more excited than I already feel!I
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • mzl1mzl1 member
    Congrats! I’ve never used that brand of test but that looks good for 2 days past missed AF. The most important thing is to just use the same brand and make sure it eventually gets darker. But 1 individual day to the next may very well look the same, so I’d recommend spacing out to 48h. Congratulations again 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mzl1 I am definitely testing again Sunday morning. I mean, I took that this afternoon with little pee in my system and I could tell it was going to be positive in about 20 seconds, which I feel like is fast for this early, but I’m sure everyone is different!
  •  It is okay to be fast!! Just a healthy baby :) Here is My test from 16dpo, which I think is what you are now (it’s the bottom)
  • @mzl1 yes, I am 16 dpo. Seeing STRONG positive results at the same point really helps. My AF is very realiable and always shows some spotting the day before, which I have had zero. I have also been checking my cervix position and it is hard and closed, which is a good sign as well. Just praying that this stays positive. I so want to be a Momma!
  • Think positive thoughts because so far all is looking perfect!!! I am rooting for you to become Momma 
  • @mzl1 Second positive today, this time with a digital test! 
  • So I took a non-digital Clear Blue last week for a clear negative. Had some illness issues this weekend, came back home from being at a high altitude, and this is what the digital says. 

So yay? Maybe? Only been trying since August 23rd but I was due for my period just after that and it was a no-show.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @MegEn1 Seems quick. I would get a couple more and take one in two days and again in 4 days, just to make sure!
  • If you happened to Ovulate the day you started trying then you’d be like 10dpo now, which makes sense for an early BFP but not to have enough hcg to turn a digital yet. I would also try again with a different brand!
  • edited September 2018
    I'm in my 2nd trimester, but I'll add mine so people can have an idea of what a test might look like before your missed period. The first time I didn't test until about 6 weeks. This time, I tested before I even missed my period (didn't really think I was pregnant, was testing so I'd have a negative test to prove I wasn't). It was three days before. Technically, I think, 4 days before I missed it (as I would have started on the third day). The faint test is the first test. Second test is day of missed period. Some of us really can test positive before we even miss it, but not all of us. Everyone is different. Every PREGNANCY is different! The first time when I tested at 6 weeks my test was just as faint, but I'd already missed my period by 2 weeks.

• Do you see these lines? My hubby said no but I do. 11 DPO will test again tomorrow 
  • Per @mrskoz428 and @mzl1 I am trying an early response different brand. So far the results are the same...

There's not even a May 2019 due date group yet lol. A big part of me keeps saying "nah this isn't real."
  • @MegEn1 woohoo! That’s a clear positive, Momma! There is a May 2019 waiting room that I’m in right now. Go celebrate.
  • These are mine. Going to continue with taking one tomorrow and probably the next... Just want to be sure, this was six days before my period. Keeping my finger crossed that the 2nd line keeps getting darker! 
  • Thought others would find this interesting if it hasn't been posted already.

Apparently with First Response if you are 'pregnant enough' aka have uber hcg levels, the test line actually sucks color away from the control line. For the record I am 5w4d.

For the record I'm starting to think I might be pregnant with twins.
  • coco2787 said:
    It's pretty normal to have test line darker than control line on any brand of test by 5w4d @missmcgonnagal, there's really no reason for you to think you're having twins based on a HPT line.  
    Agreed. I was pregnant with twins, and never had a positive darker than the control line. In fact my HcG levels weren’t “higher.” And I didn’t get a positive test until later. 
  • Arwen78 said:
    Mine was just a Walgreens one. I wasn't trying to get pregnant, in fact, I was on medication for ADD and all the signs of pregnancy were also side effects. I contacted my doctor and they told me to go see my reg. doctor as the side-effects shouldn't have just come on like they did. Wondering if I could be I ran out to get a test. Sure enough I was preggers, it didn't even wait the 2 minutes that it said to it that plus sign showed up as soon as the pee hit the window area. I had been a week or two after the missed period so yeah.
    Arwen78 said:
    Mine was just a Walgreens one. I wasn't trying to get pregnant, in fact, I was on medication for ADD and all the signs of pregnancy were also side effects. I contacted my doctor and they told me to go see my reg. doctor as the side-effects shouldn't have just come on like they did. Wondering if I could be I ran out to get a test. Sure enough I was preggers, it didn't even wait the 2 minutes that it said to it that plus sign showed up as soon as the pee hit the window area. I had been a week or two after the missed period so yeah.
    Arwen78 said:
    Arwen78 said:
    Arwen78 said:
  • @coco2787 and @meatballs37, I was thinking I might also be having twins because I was 2 weeks preggers when I flipped a digital test more than the single test line soaking all the color on the control line.

Saw twins on the u/s yesterday. :) 
  • Any thoughts on this first signal test 12 DPO? Had fourth IUI on 9/14/18. I never test early, but feeling anxious and had a sign or two. Thanks!
  • @coreyandsarahsharp If this photo was taken within the window, it looks like a faint positive to me. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• I found those inf may be useful 

What is an evap line and how is it different from a positive pregnancy test?

An evap line (evaporation line) is a faint line that appears after a negative test has dried. Because tests are typically meant to be read three to five minutes after they are taken, the tests are still damp at the time they are read. After this time frame passes, the urine in the test dries. As the ink makes its way across the screen, the result is displayed. Sometimes, as the ink moves across the screen, a little bit of ink will accidentally get caught in the indent line. As the test dries and the urine evaporates, this caught ink is pulled to the surface and becomes darker.

This is why the most important rule for getting a true positive pregnancy test is: do not read them after the allotted time! The results are only accurate in the time frame specified in the instructions.

Free baby Stuff from Top Brands up to $400 in one Gift Card + 
    Chance for one Year of Free Diapers from Here
  • Is this type of test reliable?Should I buy other digital tests to test again? Second line appeared within 2 minutes
    I used 2 different urine samples (5 minutes apart) and had 2 positive strips results.
    I have been TTC for 2 years. Will appreciate comments/assurance =) 

• @mcassiee Looks like a blazing positive to me.  You could do another tomorrow morning just to confirm, but looks like you're pregnant!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
  • Congrats everyone!!

AF was 16 days late before a BFP showed up so I did a trifecta to convince myself I wasn’t just seeing things after so many BFNs!! 

• hoodevil0611hoodevil0611 member
    edited October 2018
    8-9 dpo.  I tried Wondfo first, and I almost threw it away thinking it was a stark white negative.  But then as I went to do that, I thought I maybe saw something at certain angles if I really squinted.  I figured I was probably going crazy but tried FR 6 Days Sooner just in case:

First time, and we’ve been trying almost a year.  Hope it sticks!

• Well, I can’t believe it, but I guess it’s true! This is a cheap Wondfo on top and a First Response below. I’m 12-13 DPO (didn’t get an accurate OPK this month), and AF is due in 1-2 days. I’m saving my digital for tomorrow when my husband gets home so we can celebrate together!
  • This is our second pregnancy but hopefully first successful one. We have our first ultrasound tomorrow supposed to be 8 weeks!!
  • If I’m crazy, please tell me, I won’t be offended haha. I think this is *probably* negative, but my best friend thinks it’s a very very very faint positive. I’m 10dpo today. This is FMU.
  • @wishiwaspreggo That helps tremendously! Thank you :)
  • I used ClinicalGuard cheapies from Amazon. The top was 8 days DPO all the way down to 20 days DPO. I knew it was positive, but I kept taking them until I ran out of tests. Haha!
  • edited November 2018
    I used first response box with a 3 min test, a 1 min test, &  A digital test.  Just the week after my fiancé proposed! 
  • two lines lol
    Beautful world beautyiful people beautiful kids. Love caring and sharing we only live once.
    Love help and share. In love with parenting love eating healty and kids shopping. Stylish Baby Clothes for my baby. 
  • At this point. I have 3 more tests. But I think I’m good to go 😂
  • This was so mee. I woke up took 3 dollar store test, all showed to very visible pink lines, I later brought another generic Walmart test a week later before my scheduled doctors appointment to make sure I was still pregnant.. 

my very first child child and I was scared and wanted to make sure my baby was still there 
  • harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited December 2018
    Sorry, but the darkness of a line means nothing. A line is a line.  A faint line is positive a dark line is positive.  

I can see testing once or twice to confirm a positive, or once if its negative then again a day or two later if your period doesnt start, but what isthe point of testing multiple times after continual positives? You get a positive, call your doctor they will get you in and confirm.