January 2019 Moms

FFFC 8/31

Last FFFC of August, make it a good one! 
TW

M/C 06/09/2011
DS 05/29/2013
M/C 02/14/2017 
M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: FFFC 8/31

• On my way to work this morning and there’s a road that squeezes a right turn lane to go over a bridge and it’s a super tight turn, going down hill and is just hella awkward. I was going straight but in the turn lane was a giant F-550 landscaping truck and we couldn’t both fit so we knocked mirrors. I turned around and went and tracked him down and the dude was freaking out(probably because it was his work truck). Luckily my mirrors fold so it just collapsed in and it’s fine, I verified his was ok too but I’m not telling my husband about any of it because I will never hear the end of it. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • My younger cousin just told us she's having a baby girl in February. I am thrilled for her and glad my little guy will have a playmate so close in age at all of our family gatherings. But I can't help feeling a little sad that he only gets to be the baby in the family for 8 weeks.  Odds are most of my extended family won't even get to meet him until after my cousin's baby is born so in my completely irrational mind he'll be old news by then. She's also having a girl which I'm a tiny bit jealous of because my extended family is FULL of crazy little boys. I 100% know that this is all ridiculous and I promise I would never speak or act on these feelings, I just can't help it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Today after taking a shower and getting ready, I managed to have a sneeze attack and piss myself. Ugh, it is going to be one of those kind of days. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • kns1988kns1988 member
    edited August 2018
    Another one, there are only 4 people that are allowed to have DS in the car with them. Me, DH, and DH's parents. My mom lost her privileges after the one and only time she drove with him when I discovered she didn't have the car seat installed properly after I had specifically said "don't drive with him unless the car seat is installed properly." Sorry not sorry. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• I'm moving today and my work wouldn't let me have the day off. We have a big presentation next week, so I totally understand needing to get my portion done before taking the day. I woke up at 5 to finish it, just turned it in & now I will probably help with the moving but still bill a full 8 hours because my bosses will look down on me if I don't. 

Oh and right now, instead of doing work OR moving, I'm on here. #sorrynotsorry
  • Seems like my pregnancy craving this time is lunch meat turkey and provolone sandwiches.. With DD, I didn't eat any lunch meat.. with this kid, well, let's just say I've had a turkey sandwich 4-5 times a week for the past two weeks, without nuking the turkey.. oops. 
  • I'm a bit of a grammar freak, but not to the point where I go around correcting grammatical infractions; however, I physically flinch when I hear people say, "I seen that." I don't even know why this bothers me so much, but it really, really does annoy me. 
  • @kns1988 I discovered that MIL had DDs carseat in the front seat!  MIL is a very irrational person so if you yell at her she will literally shut down and lock herself in her room. So I simply said I prefer DD in the backseat. ( Minus the fact that it's illegal and Soo dangerous)  I told DH my suspicion and he said " she's not that stupid" well guess she was. 
  • @gorgeousariel l would let her lock herself in her room and throw a fit! Your kid's safety comes first, always. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @kns1988 I wish I could say something like that to her because she is so ridiculous sometimes. Pretty sure she's undiagnosed bipolar and even her parents talk about how she's always been like that. No one can tell her she is wrong. She uses very little logic when actually thinking. 
  • @kns1988 I have the same feelings about holding off visitors until after flu season. Don't feel bad. We have to protect these babies that time of year. 
  • With ds, he was in the NICU for 10 days and was home for a few days before we told anyone in our families that he had been discharged. Outside of parents, we didn't invite anyone to come visit him until he was 6 weeks old. It was really nice to just have our time together and have him all to ourselves. 

I'm firmly in the camp of no visitors until after flu season. My sisters wouldn't leave their germy little kiddos at home to come visit anyways so they just won't be invited over. 
  • @leighbrek Me too! My pet peeve is when people confuse 'loose' with 'lose'. As in 'I need to loose weight' when it should be 'I need to lose weight'. I have no idea why that bothers me so much.
  • I got irrationally angry this morning when TNT pulled Law &Order from their weekend morning schedule and replaced it with NCIS. It was like my Saturday morning cartoons on the weekends.