TTC After a Loss
Options

Stay on prenatal pills?

I just had a natural miscarriage ,and when my doctor gives me the approval to try to have a baby again ,I would like to ,hopefully sooner than later .my question is do you think it is OK to continue taking the prenatal vitamins  Even though I am no longer pregnant ,although I have that mindset that I'm going to try to get pregnant as soon as possible?

Re: Stay on prenatal pills?

• Options
    My Dr highly recommends prenatals while ttc. So, yes. 
  • Options
    Thank you!! I don't know if it sounds weird, but it also gives me some hope to stay on them l,ike I'm still going to have another pregnancy down the line, God willing
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes you can stay on them.  I started mine before TTC and have been on them ever since so 4 yrs now.  
  • Options
    Ok great. I wasn't sure because somewhere I read that you cannot stay on them long because of the iron I was not told that by my doctor though
  • Options
    My doctor also told me to stay on them. I’ve been on them for three plus years now. 
  • Options
    Thank you. I will stay on them too!
  • Options
    Agreed with others... I've been on my prenatals for years. Continuing to buy those bottles is one of the most depressing reminders of my situation. 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you have been struggling for so long,breaks my heart for you,but I do understand about the reminder part.i wish you well in this difficult journey..