October 2018 Moms

Gasping for air

A few weeks ago I began experiencing episodes of waking up gasping for air as I had not been breathing in my sleep. I always sleep on my left or right side and never on my back, so I know that couldn't have been the cause of this. I have also only gained 10 pounds so far, and dont feel as though my weight is an issue nor is acid reflux. I have tried sleeping while propped up on pillows and still have had the same issue. I have contacted my OB and was set up for a sleep study, because she believes it could possibly be pregnancy induced sleep apnea. I decided to start sleeping with a pulse oximeter to monitor my oxygen levels during these episodes, and one night after waking up gasping I noticed my oxygen level was in the 80s, which of course has me concerned about my LO, and if this caused any harm. My question is, are any moms currently experiencing this or any BTDT (been there, done that) moms who may have experienced this with previous pregnancies, and if so, are your LO (little one) healthy?

Re: Gasping for air

• Hello there. Welcome to our little community. Might I suggest you introduce yourself in our intro thread, pinned at the top? And check out the questions or symptoms thread where this would be more appropriate.
  • Loading the player...
  • If you would've read my question you would've noticed I DID CALL MY DOCTOR. Seeking advice from mothers who may have experienced what I have was the point in my post, not for what seems like rude remarks and suggestions. I'm new here so I obviously don't know about all the threads and ins and out to the rules here. You be blessed and have a nice day, love.
  • Thanks for the replies, but I've never been to the discussions or thread portion of The Bump. I didn't know about the questions or symptoms thread or I for sure would've made my post there instead of creating a new thread. Thanks for your understanding.