December 2018 Moms
Options

Due Date Check-In 12/17-12/24 Week of 8/27

Sorry, haven't done one for us in 3 weeks...and I'm still keeping the 24th in our group even though the last-week-of-the-monthers keep stealing it. :p   Hope you're all doing awesome! <3  

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How are you feeling this week? 

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?

GTKY: What do you have planned for the holiday weekend?

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Due Date Check-In 12/17-12/24 Week of 8/27

• Options

24.1 today! Baby is size of a garden eggplant?

Dehydrated and tired. Need to get better about drinking water! 

I keep looking at baby things to buy but cant seem to pull the trigger on it. Afraid of making things too real?

Unfortunately my husband will be working this weekend so it'll be pretty low key. I need to work on a presentation which is bleh, but looking forward to next week which will only be a 3 day workday and we'll take another 3 day weekend!! 

• Options

24.1 today, Baby is approx 591 grams (1 lb 5 oz) per the hospital’s estimate yesterday so right on track  

Bored.  Chilling in the hospital antenatal unit for my steroid shots (got #2 tonight).  Baby continues to be active but the steroids are keeping me awake, flushed, pretty uncomfortable.

I introduced myself to my roommate this morning.  She has been here a week and was expecting to be here much longer.  Totally different issue than mine and she is considerably further along. Looks like her baby is coming tomorrow and she is understandably nervous. I tried to be supportive and helpful but at the end of the day preterm childbirth is scary business! 

@hannelorre I bit the bullet a few weeks ago and started our registry at buybuy baby, including the in store appointment. I’m so glad I did. Our registry is now complete, I just want to mark certain items as essential so I can get DH to quickly buy just these if things start moving. 

Getting my hospital provided private suite off of the antenatal floor! The whole idea is to provide patients who are technically high risk but reside far away and no current labour symptoms a safe, de-medicalized environment that is close to care in case it is needed.  

I was initially pushing for the furnished rental nearby but this saves us about 4-8 grand (depending on whether I stay to 28 vs 32 weeks) and DH can camp out with me, so we are going for the free option.  Canadian healthcare FTW.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @barristerninja hope you get the private suite and the rest of the hospital stay goes smoothly! Steroid side effects can be a lot but sounds like you'll be done with that now.
  • Options

Thank you @clbness for starting this! I'm almost always on mobile and starting a thread seems like a ton of work, but I really should try if one isn't posted yet. 

@hannelorre I've actually purchased things but each time I do I get nervous that something will go wrong and I'll have all of this stuff sitting here. I'm hoping reaching viability today helps bring that down. I have two registries out there already - my sister is throwing us a sprinkle since it's been almost 7 years since last baby, but mostly because I want the completion discount and I like picking things out. 

@barristerninja so sorry you are in the hospital already, I hope you get the new room soon and baby stays put for many more weeks!

How far along are you? How big is baby? 24 weeks today, yay for viability! Baby is the size of an Atlantic Puffin (that seems so big!)

How are you feeling this week? Done. I'm uncomfortable, can't sleep and can't imagine another 16 weeks of this. I really can't wait for fall and everything that comes with it, I think that will help my mood.  Being under a heat advisory right now is just not ideal conditions for a pregnant person. 

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? We have so much work to do to get ready for this baby and I just don't know when it's going to get done. I was fine waiting to get his room ready since he won't use it at first anyway, but DH wants him to have a room to come home to. But that requires completely redoing our current dining room to make it a "study" which will be his bedroom (new flooring, adding doors, painting, etc). My MIL just bought us his crib and crib mattress, so that's just hanging out in our living room now. 

GTKY: What do you have planned for the holiday weekend? Absolutely nothing and it sounds nice since we are running many different directions for the kids sports right now. Hopefully we will get some work done on baby's new room. 

• Options
    @snugglyduckling25 yes! That's exactly how I feel - that I'll buy stuff and something will happen and I'll just have all this stuff to remind me. Ughhh. 

@barristerninja oh yes I forgot to mention earlier that I did kinda start amazon registry (just wanted to get the free box  :)) but I've been meaning to make an appt at buybuybaby and test drive some things too. You've inspired me to do it! Maybe seeing the squee little things will make me less anxious or more. Who knows. 

Happy viability dance party to all of us! 
  • Options
    @clbness thanks as usually for starting this thread (and for including us 12/24 EDDers!!!). 

How far along are you? How big is baby? 23+4 today, baby is as big as a grapefruit...I don't know any grapefruit that is 11 inches, but ok....

How are you feeling this week?  Feeling pretty good, but definitely over did it this week.  Taking it easy today and resting, relaxing, and having a pizza and movie night with my girls. 

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?  I am so glad our old house is finally sold and we are back to only one mortgage. Closing was yesterday. I was an emotional wreck Wednesday and Thursday. Our last walk through of the old house was full of tears.  Blessed that we sold so quickly, and despite surprises during inspection, things went fairly smoothly.  If only labour and delivery could be so uneventful and seamless!

GTKY: What do you have planned for the holiday weekend?  Today is relaxing with the girls.  Saturday is kickboxing and unpacking boxes (I literally don't think the unpacking will EVER end), Sunday is a painting party, and Monday we MAY host a party, but honestly the idea of that is so exhausting I just want to crawl back in bed.

@barristerninja sorry about the hospital stay, but you are right, Canadian healthcare all the way! Hope your private suite is a bit of a "vacation" for you. 

• Options
    @scaredunprepared congrats on your house being sold! I still have boxes from a move a year ago.. tempted to just toss them at this point  :D
  • Options
    @hannelorre thank you!  I say do it!  If you haven't opened them yet, you won't miss whatever is in them!