April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 1 (4/1-4/7) Check-in (w/o 8/27)

This check-in is for mamas due 4/1-4/7 (and any March mamas)

Due date: 

Any appointments?

Questions? 

How are you feeling?

What is your our least favorite chore?

Re: Week 1 (4/1-4/7) Check-in (w/o 8/27)

• Options
    Due date: 4/4

Any appointments? Who knows...insurance apparently has to set up the first appointment 

Questions? Today it’s mostly about preparing for two under two - any tips?

How are you feeling? Well, last night, insomnia came in force, along with general fatigue all week. There’s low-level nausea but it’s walking a fine line between “hi! You’re pregnant!” and actually disruptive, which is very nice compared to last time!

What is your least favorite chore? Mopping, closely followed by vacuuming. Mopping gets the edge because it involves trying to wring out a mop and then using dirty water to resoak the mop and clean the floor...I’m a big fan of swiffers. Or just letting DH handle the whole thing.
  • Options
    Due date: 4/5

Any appointments? I have one today to go over medical history and insurance stuff

Questions? None right now

How are you feeling? Feeling better than I did last week, I'm taking 1/2 pill of unisom so I'm sleeping better which has helped a lot. Nausea comes and goes still but I got some B6 candy at Target which helps.

What is your our least favorite chore? Can all of them be an option?  But if I had to pick I guess the dishes because they never go away. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Due date: 4/2/19

Any appointments? Nothing until September 18th.

Questions? Nothing as of now. @lyse01 sorry I don't have any advice on 2U2. Mine are all at least 3 years apart!

How are you feeling? I'm generally ok. I wake feeling good in general but then around 2 or 3 everyday I start getting pretty sick. I'm just praying for bed by 6pm.

What is your our least favorite chore? Honestly? Just picking up. I've found that I have become SO resentful towards my family because I'm the only one who seems to pick up. It's really hard to maintain a tidy house when three other individuals never pick up after themselves.

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Options
    @wearegroot
    Due Date: 4/4/18

Appointments: August 31 for a Pap smear and monthly appt. nervous about how invasive the pap will be while pregnant. 

Questions? None as of now. 

How owe are you feeling? I feel pretty good the first half of the day, almost don’t feel pregnant. The latter half is full of bloating, gas and small bouts of nausea. I have definitely been having more intense dreams. Pregnancy insomnia has also started.

Least favorite chore. Dishes. I don’t mind putting them away, but washing is too much at this point. Haha good thing I have an awesome spouse! :) 
  • Options
    @albaa2017 don't stress about your pap smear, at this early in the pregnancy it really doesn't feel any different than if you were not pregnant and you probably won't have another one done till after birth. 
  • Options
    @BarefootContessa I totally agree about picking up!  It is the worst.  Every time I walk through the house I am just constantly putting away people's crap.  I'm over it.

Due Date: 4/6ish

Appointments: My ultrasound and first prenatal appointments are tomorrow!  I have never been more excited for an appointment.  I just can't wait to hear the heartbeat and find out exactly how far along I am.

Questions? Not at the moment.

How are you feeling? Overall, I'm feeling pretty good.  At this point, I'm mainly just dealing with bouts of exhaustion that hit at different parts of the day.  Food aversions and nausea have been kept at bay.

Least favorite chore: Cleaning the bathroom.  Just eww.
    Me (35) & DH (35)
    Married: August 2009
    DD #1 born 6/12/14
    DD #2 born 10/31/16
    BFP 7/26/18 - EDD 4/6/19
  • Options
    @BarefootContessa Picking up is definitely pretty bad! @albaa2017 Yup. The dishes just never end. Just like laundry.

Due date: 4/1
    Any appointments? First one this Thursday!
    Questions? 
    How are you feeling? Yuck. Nausea and exhaustion continue, but I'm getting used to that. Pregnancy nightmares are awful. I can redirect negative thoughts when I'm awake with logic, but at night they all come out to play. I'm hoping the nightmares are temporary.

What is your least favorite chore? It's not a super regular chore, but trying to get rid of stuff we don't want anymore when we move (and we move all the time). Sell? Donate? Trash? It's just a big mess.
  • Options
    Due date: 3/30

Any appointments? Ultrasound today

Questions? 

How are you feeling? Tired. Always tired. 

What is your our least favorite chore? Folding laundry 
  • Options
    @loveanddatadriven YES to sorting for save/donate/trash! It takes forever and so much space while in the middle of it, and I have no idea how people do this with children!
  • Options
    This check-in is for mamas due 4/1-4/7 (and any March mamas)

Due date:  4/1/19

Any appointments? Not until 9/7

Questions? Any recommendations for safe face wash/moisturizer?  I used to use Clean and Clear but can’t anymore due to salacylic (did I spell that right?) acid in it.  

How are you feeling? Same, still nauseous, tired, and my boobs hurt.  I have an aversion to anything remotely good for me, especially any protein.  I’m a steak and potatoes girl, and any meat makes me gag. 

What is your least favorite chore? All of them, which is why I have a cleaning lady.  I’m not cleaning a huge house, especially now when I can barely function! 
  • Options
    @aqualicious I used to use Clean and Clear too but now I'm using Neutrogena Ultra Gentle daily cleanser and Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel as my moisturizer. The hyaluronic acid in the moisturizer is pregnancy safe and also is supposed to help with acne. 
  • Options
    Thanks so much!  I had looked at Neutrogena, but wasn’t sure, so I didn’t buy.  I’ll have to Get some, because my body wash isn’t cutting it for my face! 
  • Options
    So insurance did their part and the OB office moved quickly and I had my nurse intake appt today. And while I’m generally happy with them, I’m giving them serious side-eye for recommending I stop breastfeeding because I’m pregnant. (There are some other reasons on top of that, but I’m not confident that it wouldn’t be their baseline recommendation for anyone.)

luckily, there’s an IBCLC in the family and we’re looking for evidence today.
  • Options

Due date: 4/2/2019

Any appointments? None this week. Had 8 week appt last week and things looked good. I'm getting anxious today that its 9 weeks and I haven't heard the heartbeat in a week... trying to be calm and feel confident that the tiny thing is still beating away in there...

Questions? Why is it not standard for pregnant moms to get extra sick days during the first trimester. I feel like there should be a lot more flexibility- to leave early or go in late when we feel miserable, but the expectation (even among my fellow moms at work) is that I just tough it out.... 

How are you feeling? Nausea is less this week than a few weeks ago, but its still there, like a low level buzzing in the background. Fatigue is intense.

What is your our least favorite chore? I concur with other ladies and vote for laundry- esp folding and putting away the laundry. Sometimes feels never ending... 
  • Options
    Due date: 4/5

Any appointments? Ultrasound on Friday.  We are planning another home birth and our last came at 37 weeks and 1 day.  We need to make sure we have an accurate date because my midwife only delivers babies at home that are at least 37 weeks.  

Questions?  Any one else planning on a home birth?

How are you feeling?  nauseous and tired.  I'm on the band wagon.

What is your our least favorite chore? Dishes for sure!

• Options
    Due date: 4/4

Any appointments? Had 8-week appointment last week and everything went perfectly. We were able to hear the heartbeat (168 beats). Best sound I ever heard in my life. Got 1st sonogram picture as well. Next appointment is 9/20 for the 12-week appointment then 9/24 for the 1st-trimester screening.

Questions? None

How are you feeling? Tired allll the time, especially after work. nauseous most of the day so I'm constantly snacking to keep it at bay.

What is your our least favorite chore? Folding laundry
  • Options
    @browneyes88-2 I'm lurking from week 2 but I'm also planning a homebirth. Mine is after cesarean unfortunately so there is a little less wiggle room for things but I'm super excited for this birth since my last was pretty traumatic.

• Options
    Update: my cousin the IBCLC concurs that she’d be skeptical of any provider who says “your 1 year old has gotten all the benefits of breast milk already” and says that I should ask the MFM (when I get in there) for specific recent research on the effects of nursing on preterm labor, and ask whether they also recommend I avoid sex. Basically, be an active participant in my own medical care.

@browneyes88-2 I wish! My insurance doesn’t cover births not in a hospital, which also eliminates birthing centers. 
  • Options
    Due date: 4/4/2019

Any appointments? Had one yesterday, and got an ultrasound/heard heartbeat. According to my LMP, I'm 8 weeks 6 days today, but yesterday the FHR was 153 and baby measured to be 7 weeks 4 days. My midwife didn't seem too terribly concerned, just thinks my timing is off...I'm going to have an ultrasound in a couple of weeks with an actual ultrasound tech b/c the midwife had a hard time finding the heartbeat and wants to be sure she did things right.

Questions? Could my timing be way off? I follow NFP, so I'm certain about my LMP, and fairly certain on my ovulation day based on temperature changes and mucus observations; also, my cycles are very "normal." If we based EDD off ovulation, I would only be a few days off but not an entire week. I'm worried that my baby is not developing at a healthy rate, and I fear the worst.

How are you feeling? Nausea comes and goes, I have to be constantly grazing but not too much because that causes is too. I really hate beef right now, can't even really look at it. Tired, and breasts are still sore but less so than previously. Also, very worried for the above reasons.

What is your our least favorite chore? vacuuming--I just don't understand vacuums
  • Options
    @browneyes88-2 I'm using a midwife at a birthing center. She also does home births but my insurance is more likely to cover a birthing center birth
  • Options
    aggie0812 I can completely identify with the worried feelings. I was annoyed earlier in this pregnancy because I felt like the nurse doing my first ultrasound wasn't that skilled, couldn't get a solid read on the heart rate or clear crown to rump measurement, and it led me to worry far more than I needed to. But even she admitted that the dating isn't always consistent. Good idea to get the proper ultrasound so you can set your mind at ease. But in the meantime, I would take comfort in that nice strong heart rate and know that things will be fine.
  • Options
    @aggie0812 I definitely agree with PP, dating this early in can be difficult and inconsistent. My DD was measuring a week behind during my 1st ultrasound but she came out healthy and perfect the day after her original due date. Don't let any fear or anxiety take hold, just know that right now you are pregnant. 
  • Options
    browneyes88-2browneyes88-2 member
    edited August 2018
    angelob88 I'm so excited for you!  Home births are the best!  fingers crossed all goes well.  Mine was an amazing experience.
    lyse01 insurance is lame.  Mine doesn't cover it either.  Medical insurance in the US is ridiculous. Our Global Maternity fee for my midwife is $3,600 which I think is a bargain when you consider the personalized care we get.  
    aggie0812 and @laurainoakland A birth center is a wonderful option!  We don't have one where I live.

• Options
    Thank you for your reassurance @laurainoakland and @gollygeeitsamy !!
  • Options
    Update for this week that everything went well at our first appointment! So in love. <3<3<3
  • Options
    @browneyes88-2 sooo lame. Why force everyone into a more expensive option when the vast majority of cases can be handled appropriately with nurse-midwifes?? After my first though (born at 26 weeks) I’m not sure I want to be too far away from a level IV NICU, but I am definitely the exception.
  • Options
    Due date: April 2

Any appointments? A 12 week ultrasound and first ob appointment

Questions? Is anyone else worrying about miscarriage? I am too!

How are you feeling? Extra hungry 24/7 and very grateful to be pregnant

Currently 9 weeks, 3 days. Discovered we were expecting at 8 weeks, 3 days. :-)
  • Options
    @lyse01 I wouldn't want to be far from a NICU if I had the same experience.

Well ladies, my dating ultrasound pushed me back to April 17.  I'll still be hopping around boards!  ;)