December 2018 Moms

PGAL check in w/o 8/29

Hey hey! 
Welcome to the PGAL (Pregnant after loss) weekly thread!

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.There is no need to add specific trigger warnings in your posts, but you may if you choose.** 

1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? 

4. Any appointment updates?

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 

6. GTKY: What's your favorite thing about being pregnant? (i know for some of us it's hard to thing of anything good right now, so hopefully this will help!)

Re: PGAL check in w/o 8/29

• Loading the player...
  • @lippy625 What was your BP reading? Last pregnancy my BP was elevated after 20 weeks and they'd make me lay down on my left side and if all was good, I was good to go.  I did this all the way up until 38 or so weeks when my doc decided to do the 24 hour urine catch, which still came back normal.  He basically said I was so swollen that it caused my blood pressure to rise.  Soooo, all that said, I hope yours is nothing like mine was!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @morgantu My husband works at a university and he's been complaining about all the stinky students  :D
    @Hollyyyyy The best part about a kid is that they never stay the same, so it's new forever!
    @rosebud332 Wow! Good luck on listing your house!
    @katy0990 Congratulations on the good report!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t I’m impressed that you are working out 3 days each week! I need to step it up in that area.
    @rosebud332 Good luck selling your house!
    @Hollyyyyy I hope you learn some helpful exercise.
    @morgantu A back rub sounds so nice!
    @lippy625 I hope your blood pressure is just white coat syndrome. Fx for good results!
  • @texas_t Interesting how something as simple as laying down can change it! They didn't have me do that but they did take a second reading before I left which was lower. When they first took it, it was 147/92 and the second time it was 136/90 I think. She had in her chart that it was 142/90 at my 20 week appointment. It really seemed like she was leaning on the overly cautious side in doing these tests so I'm hoping that's the case! 
  • @lippy625 My doc told me with Pre-E, it won't come down even if I lay down, so that was good enough for him until I was in every week and it was still high, that's why he went ahead and did the urine catch.  He's very laid back and wait and see, but I feel like he knows his stuff, so I was just happy he didn't put me on bed rest!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @echo-charlietango with my first two pregnancies (one ended in MS the other successful), I got pregnant so quickly I don't even consider it trying.  As for this one, TTC was horrible.  I hated it.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @mommythlegend Good luck with the GD test tomorrow! Fx all of your results give you good news!
  • @maureenmce I so feel you on the movement thing. It's been a while since I've read it - but I think it's at 28?? weeks that movement becomes more routine/consistent. It's totally normal for it to be more random now. I'm sure you know this already but just for peace of mind. :smile:
  • @Hollyyyyy aww his girls. So adorable! Mine gtt is whenever between now and 28 week appt. They sent me home with the drink So I just have to drink it and go to the lab an hour later. I'll probably try over the weekend
  • mommythlegendmommythlegend member
    edited August 2018
    @maureenmce I feel you on the movement! I've had several days like that. Sorry you had a tough day!

Got my bile acid results back. It was 11. My Dr said they consider under 14 fine. I still feel unsure, as some sites on-line say over 10 is Cholestasis. I also read that the itching can start before the bile acid rises & my itching is intensifying. I asked to be re-tested in 2 weeks. If still ok, I already have an appt set with my dermatologist in 3 weeks & I will try to chill!

I'll get my GD results tomorrow. The drink almost made me vomit!
  • @mommythlegend I’m glad your doctor is not concerned, but glad you are advocating for retesting. 
  • @mommythlegend Um glad you are pushing for more testing too. It’s definitely better to be safe than sorry in this situation so good for you for getting your doc on board.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @maureenmce I assumed it was stress related at first too but things have been pretty calm in my life lately, especially compared to my first trimester. I should be hearing back from my dr today about the 24 hour urine collection results so hopefully all is good! Also, I'm glad you are feeling better movement now after a rough day, that definitely helps ease my mind too! 
  • 1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 
    23+3, no more milestones 
    2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? 
    My left ankle keeps popping and is sometimes swollen from it. I think it’s how I stand back up from sitting on the floor (lots of floor sitting for my job). I’m trying to be more conscious of how I’m getting up & down so I don’t really injure myself. It’s also tricky to stay asleep on my side. I think I need more pillows.
    3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? 
    A little anxious rn. Just got out of the follow up a/s and the ultrasound tech was pretty quiet. I’m trying not to read anything into that. She looked at the heart for a long time, and the neck twice and looked at the bladder and kidneys again, but didn’t measure them. Baby was still in feet over the head position, so maybe she just still couldn’t get a good look. 
    4. Any appointment updates?
    Yep. Waiting to see the midwife now 
    5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 
    Mostly work, our annual licensing year is this month so it’s been busy with visits from the state licensor, fire marshal, health inspector, etc. Outside of work SO and I are planning a big ikea trip for baby items and also general stuff. We are getting a new bed frame. Ours is an old hand me down and it’s too high (my feet don’t touch the ground when I sit on it). I don’t want to break a leg getting out of bed in 3rd tri. 
    6. GTKY: What's your favorite thing about being pregnant? (i know for some of us it's hard to thing of anything good right now, so hopefully this will help!)
    ehh, I’m not very connected to my pregnancy, I don’t think. I keep forgetting I'm pregnant. I’ve enjoyed the lack of symptoms, but I just feel the same as usual and it’s weird. I even forgot about my belly the other night! I glanced in the mirror and was like “why is my stomach huge?!” And then remembered, oh yeah, because I’m pregnant. I wish I could say my fav is feeling kicks, but the movement always startles me and is a bit uncomfortable. I guess my favorite part is not having periods. 
  • @tumbleweed-1I'd be anxious too but hopefully, the tech was just feeling surly this morning and everything is looking great! :smile:
  • @tumbleweed-1I'd be anxious too but hopefully, the tech was just feeling surly this morning and everything is looking great! :smile:
    I guess that’s exactly what it was! Everything with the baby was fine. My blood pressure is pretty low though. It’s usually a bit low, but it was only 98/60 which sounds really low to me
  • maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited August 2018
    @tumbleweed-1 I had a very similar dip in blood pressure and my OB said it's actually common thing that happens during the middle/end of the second trimester! I did not remember that from last time around so I was worried at first. She said it wasn't a big deal unless I felt faint and that I could have Gatorade and salty food to help me feel better if I felt sluggish. And very glad to hear baby is all good btw! 
  • @tumbleweed-1 I am glad everything looked good.  if your doctor is not concerned, then I would not worry too much about the blood pressure. That is the range in which my readings typically fall and the only thing my doctor has said to me is that we will have to keep that in mind if it ever goes up, because my threshold for high blood pressure would be lower than the average person.

@mommythlegend Congratulations on the GD results. I hope the meds help!