Options

Weekly check in Jan 22-31 (w/o 8/27)

kns1988kns1988 member
edited August 2018 in January 2019 Moms
EDD?

Symptoms?

Upcoming appointments?

R/R/Q:

GTKY:  Is there anyone you want to emulate as a parent? Why? Or, is there someone you want to be the exact opposite of?
Me: 29, DH: 31
Married: October 2014
Began TTC: April 2015
BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

Re: Weekly check in Jan 22-31 (w/o 8/27)

• Options
    Jan 30th 

Forever heartburn. Looks like a 2x a day Zantac for the duration. This heat makes me sick AF and I can't do much in it. 

OB next week, A/S the week after(seems so far away!) 

Rant: This week has been shit. 

GTKY: I haven't really thought of this. My mom was a great mom so I guess I want to be mostly like her. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Is there someone that normally posts this? I always look for it on Mondays...

EDD? 1/23

Symptoms? Feeling good now! Getting occasional kicks. Heartburn if I eat spicy food.

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan on Tuesday, woot woot

R/R/Q: Super looking forward to the 3 day weekend. This has been a good week. Seeing friends and getting stuff done around the house when I'm not at work. 

GTKY:  Is there anyone you want to emulate as a parent? Why? Or, is there someone you want to be the exact opposite of? I don't want to parent like my mom. She wasn't like this with me, but she's a helicopter mom to my niece. She also way overindulges in buying things, and I like to live a minimalist life. I try to emulate my in laws in a lot of ways. They're loving but firm and they provided financial and emotional stability to their kids.
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I usually do but this week has been a pure shit show. 

TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    EDD? 1/24

Symptoms? Just another jump in insulin resistance.

Upcoming appointments? A/S on 9/4 and Endo on 9/12.

R/R/Q: I survived moving with my sensory-seeking 2 year old. I’m happy with where we are now, but man was packing up the house with her really trying.

GTKY:  Is there anyone you want to emulate as a parent? Why? Or, is there someone you want to be the exact opposite of?

I’d like to not be so helicopter and controlling like my parents. They still act like I need to obey them and they don’t seem to trust that I am capable of making good, well-reasoned choices and I’m 32. Which is ridiculous since I’m like the least impulsive person. They also used guilt and shame on us a lot. There are some things that I would like to do from when I was a child, but overall I approach parenting differently.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    EDD? 1/27

Symptoms? Feeling large. Acne. Bitchy.

Upcoming appointments? AS Friday!!! So nervous. 

R/R/Q: where the hell is this pregnancy glow and thick luscious hair? Instead i have acne and my fine limp hair doesnt look any better than before.

GTKY:  Is there anyone you want to emulate as a parent? Why? Or, is there someone you want to be the exact opposite of? My best friend. She has 3 boys and i think shes the best mom ever. Idk what shes done but her boys are all perfect, smart, funny, and not cry babies. 
  • Options
    wkuandreawkuandrea member
    edited August 2018
    DD? 1/30

Symptoms? MS still. Lots of lower gastro troubles. Food aversion still. :/ feet are a little puffy, which makes me sad (they've always been so small and thin, unlike the rest of my body) Still no baby movements, which I chalk up to me not knowing what they are. 

Upcoming appointments? Impatiently waiting for 9/14 for my A/S! 

R/R/Q: a little worried that I haven't felt baby movements yet... but I know it's early still! 

GTKY:  Is there anyone you want to emulate as a parent? Why? Or, is there someone you want to be the exact opposite of? My sister does some things right that I think I've learned from. I see other women parent their children with empathy but strong boundaries, and that is the general guideline I'd like to have. My parents were awful -- inconsistent, verbally and emotionally and physically abusive, terrible with money so it was very feast or famine at our house. They are still very inconsistent, try to guilt trip about things, try to create a forced relationship to make up for lost time or out of their own guilt. They were youngish and had their own stuff to work through, so I am (mostly) not mad at them (anymore). I do always say that it gives me a lot more confidence as a first time parent, though: if they could raise us and we turned out okay (with the help of grandparents and church members), I can't screw it up too badly ;) 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options

EDD? 

1/27

Symptoms?

Hip and back pain, headaches, tiredness 

Upcoming appointments?

Had a regular checkup today  baby’s heart rate and my blood pressure were good. 

Anatomy scan in 2 weeks. 

R/R/Q:

HOW CAN MY BOOBS KEEP GETTING BIGGER?

Also, picking up DS is getting more difficult. There’s times when he asked me to pick him up, and I tell him I can’t. He cries, and it makes me sad. 

There’s a couple in my church that has 4 teenage boys. The boys are so respectful and kind and seem to have great relationships with their parents. I’d love to have the same relationship with my kids. 

Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    @wkuandrea oh thank goodness, I'm not the last A/S! haha! Mine is on the 12th. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    EDD?
    January 23

Symptoms?
    Heartburn, dizziness, and finally feeling some kicks! My DH was even able to feel a kick last night! 

Upcoming appointments?
    A/S Friday then OB Appointmet immediately following. 

R/R/Q:
    Anyone else still in denial? I’m super happy but it just still doesn’t feel real! I feel like by this time last time it felt a little more real!

hmmm not really! I love my mom and probably would follow some of the same things she did when I was little but also things I would change. 
  • Options
    EDD: Jan 25

Symptoms: heartburn and definitely feeling baby's movements

Appointments: anatomy scan on wednesday

GTKY:  I want to be the exact opposite of my mother.  She is a compulsive worrier to the point where I wasn't allowed to do "dangerous" activities such as tobogganing. She didn't join in much with playing or activities and she doesn't say I love you or talk about feelings. 

• Options
    EDD?
    Jan 23

Symptoms?
    Baby kicks are getting a little stronger but still sporadic and don't last long!

Upcoming appointments?
    20 week appointment next week Tuesday (at 19 w+6)

I feel like I'm becoming my own parent, not emulating at this point; trying to be empathetic and avoid yelling (which I fail at from time to time!); also trying to let DD share her feelings. Once DDs are older I'll try to avoid being like my parents- who were over protective and didn't let me be independent; they also paid more attention to my sister due to some of her issues (I have typical middle child syndrome lol) so I'll try to make sure both children get equal attention.  I'm also trying to make sure to think about my needs and do more 'self care' than my mom did when I was growing up, making sure my needs are met makes me a better parent and wife!