February 2019 Moms
Options

Deleted post

Re: Deleted post

• Options
    No one is obligated to throw you a baby shower. And you're only 16 weeks. Chill.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sara-1983 usually baby shower planning happens later in the 2nd trimester, your sister still might throw you one. Having a February baby is actually tricky in terms of timing. My first was born late February. The difficulty with timing is right now, everyone is in back to school mode, and fall season, then all the holidays coming flying right in a row. Then if the people that are possibly invited to your shower are big football fans, you have the football championships to schedule a baby shower around. But don't get too angry at your sister yet, she still might start discussing it around Halloween or Thanksgiving time.
  • Options
    I’ll keep it short and simple. You sound like a brat. No one HAS to throw you a shower. The end. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    WE ARE SO BAD AT QFP
  • Options
    Why do people delete posts anyway? Defending your opinion or doubling down at least shows some guts and dignity, even if the majority doesn’t agree with you. Reading responses and changing your opinion shows you’re able to learn and grow which is both mature and admirable. Everyone’s wrong sometime! 

Deleting though? Just looks cowardly.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    I have the PERFECT meme for this. But noooo.  TB is acting all glitchy.  
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I missed this, but it sounded like pure gold. I wish I could have read her post because just from the response it sounded petty and selfish. 
  • Options
    katamcakatamca member
    edited August 2018
    In summary, she’s super upset her sister who is “going through stuff” hadn’t even mentioned throwing her a shower yet when she dropped all to plan hers years ago apparently. She just wanted a “how DARE she!!!1!!1!1!1” BabyCenter response that would somehow justify her selfishness (lol - not the right place).
  • Options
    I forgot what qfp means again! And I'm super bummed about the delete cuz it some like I really needed this today!
  • Options
    @lzzfrancisco "Quoted for posterity"

GUYS, I missed this and no one QFP'd. I'm so sad. Though it was hilarious reading @grebretso's reply first. I literally thought someone had asked for advice on showering, then I was like "OHHHHHH". lololol

• Options
    Haha @hannahbananas11 me too! I was like “well that’s rude, some people with disabilities genuinely need help with showering”, then I got it, clearly this pregnancy is impacting my cognitive abilities 
  • Options
    The best part was that she started it with “I know this sounds petty and selfish but ...”

You’re right. It does sound petty and selfish. 
  • Options
    Man I had a busy day and missed this one! QFPQFPQFP!