Infertility

Sep 2018 FET

Re: Sep 2018 FET

• Hi everyone, I'm new to this group, I was on the Aug-18 IVF and that was my 1st cycle and had a fresh transfer that failed unfortunately. We've TTC for about 4 years had 1 natural pregnancy ended up to M/c at 9 weeks and couldn't get pregnant naturally afterwards. We had 9 embies that made to freeze, all in a B range and the one that failed was a 4AA. So far been diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Hope that this FET cycle will do the trick. I'm starting BCP today and will be getting my calendar later on this week. GL to you all ladies! And @Bababatty sorry that your cycle got cancelled 
  • @bababatty so sorry to hear about the delay! It's tough because we wait wait and wait so much with all of this! I hope October goes well for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck to you all! I am thinking positive thoughts and following  <3
    Married July 2008
    Never pregnant
    Azoospermia
    10-23-18 Failed Micro TESE Surgery
    https://brokenparents.com/
  • Update - I just got my treatment calendar and I'm going to have my FET on the 21st. It was later than I thought but with their busy schedule it's the first I could get on so I'll just be on Estrace longer. So ready to get on with this! I'll update the spreadsheet with everything...

@brokenparents thanks for your good luck wishes! Are you going to be going through treatment soon then?
  • welcome @babydust2507! sorry to hear that your fresh transfer didn't work but here's to hoping for this cycle! are your embryos untested? please add yourself and cycle information to our google sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13ePVByPWfRU1USxQMiaE_fiOHwGS6LA2rwBCQWJSXds/edit#gid=0

congrats on getting a transfer date @Momifbysea! it's getting real! :)

@justharrison i see that you had your us/bw done today. are you on for September? I imagine you may have a FET date around me... my us/bw check is tomorrow! :)

AFM, Aunt Flo came yesterday... got my meds... u/s check tomorrow. let's hope the old ute is clear and ready for estrogen! HAHA!
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• thank you @northbeach3 for the warm welcome! I added my info but missing most of them since I don't have my calendar yet. I'm just starting BCP today, and yes my embies are all untested
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited August 2018
    @Momifbysea thanks for explaining. if this one doesnt work ill try the scratch. I am on Medrol before and after transfer for 5 days total, that must be similar to prednisone. I am on baby asprin as well, not on levanox. 

Thanks for adding me to the excel sheet list who ever did that, I was filled in other details.

@babydust2507 welcome, good to see you here, It looks like FET's have been more opted for success rate so may be this FET will bring u luck. Are you going to use any immuno suppressants this time? or endoscratch?

@Bababatty sorry to hear that you cycle got cancelled. 

welcome @justharrison @mrsyng @chamomile-2

• I added you @bkatp! :) and others who’ve swung through too 

Afm, i was cleared to start meds after my baseline appointment today. Evaded the dreaded cyst cycle killers! Did my first estrogen shot in months. Had been so long I forgot which needle went with what. And my butt had finally stopped being sore... well i won’t complain until PIO enters the picture. :)
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• Glad that you got the green light to start on your med @northbeach3! That's exciting!
    @bkatp good to find someone I have chatted before with! And yes that's my hope too that the FET will do the trick for me as most people said FET has a higher success rate than fresh transfer. GL to you all!
  • @northbeach3 my transfer date is the 4th. Just found out yesterday.
  • @babydust2507 Hi! I seen from the spreadsheet you are from Oklahoma. I just wanted to say Hi and Good luck to a fellow Okie
  • @justharrison and @babydust5207 I love that there's some more "middle of the country" peeps on here!

@northbeach3 hooray for beating the cyst cycle killers - let's do this!!!

Okay, so I went for my first ever acupuncture yesterday and although I was nervous and the needles did hurt a bit going in, once they were in and she left the room for me to meditate, and after I got over the fact that I was laying there with a bunch (who knows how many) needles in me, I actually did my deep breathing and relaxed. After the appointment I ran to the grocery store and realized I was very very chilled out walking around without a care in the world, just taking my time, not worried about anything. So maybe this will help! 
  • @bkatp to answer your question, I'm just on BCP right I don't know yet what other med I will be on. I'm still waiting on my calendar
    Hey @justharrison! Feels like family!!!!! What clinic are you going to if I may ask? 
  • where are you from @Momifbysea?
  • Thank you @northbeach3 for adding my details. And September 17th is my birthday. 

@babydust2507 ok so u don't have ur protocol yet then. 
  • @babydust2507 well I'm originally from northern CA, but now I live in Lawrence, KS.

• @Momifbysea u have started estrogen pills with me correct so I thought u would be transferring with me. Just saw the update that u date is moving to 21st. 
  • Not yet @bkatp, when I called for cycle D1 they told me to start on the BCP on D3 and the nurse will be calling me later this week to give me my calendar and protocol. Hope I won't be on BCP too long and will actually have my FET scheduled in September, FX!
    @Momifbysea hi "central" friend! ;)
  • Loving all the updates and action. Coming up quick @justharrison! You and @j1006 are leading the pack!

• @bkatp I know! I was hoping for 9/14 but due to the clinic schedule I have to wait til 9/21. I just hope extra days in estrace doesn’t screw things up! The nurses assure me it won’t but my last FET this happened too and we know how that turned out! But okay, gonna shut that negative thought right out of my head, lol!
  • @Bababatty sorry for the delay! Hope all goes well for Sept/Oct. I had the same experience of never having cycle schedule issues and then boom - a cyst! 
    @Momifbysea @northbeach3 @J1006 thanks for the info on your cycles! Clinic said they had stopped medrol, doxycycline, and valium because there's no evidence that it improves outcomes. Since there's also no evidence that it harms outcomes and I had it before, they wrote the scripts for me and now I have to decide whether I want to take them or not! 

Up to 4 estrogen patches every other day now and awaiting lining check on Tuesday. Really hope the cyst isn't messing with anything - I feel so ready for this transfer in a way that I didn't during our cancelled FET in June.
  • @Momifbysea the wait always suck! But I'm  praying that your cycle goes well. I still haven't received my calendar yet and it's annoying!
    @chamomile-2 FX for your appt on Tuesday!
  • I am cleared for transfer in one week!  My lining stayed the same from last week so I’m wondering if the nurse measured wrong the first time. This was about where I was at last time. Around 10. She’s also starting me on baby aspirin. 
  • @Momifbysea I don't have experience but I don't think it does cos clinic wouldn't suggest that if it did. For me they said they will put ok estrogen for more number of days if the lining is not thick enough. So I guess it is not bad at all and only helps. 

@babydust2507 hope you get your calendar soon which will reduce the anxiety of not having a date to look for 
  • @babydust2507 i am from oklahoma (lawton area) but am currently living in Pennsylvania. Hoping to make my way back when we are done with fertility treatments
  • @Momifbysea the way it was explained to me was that extra days of estrace wont have any impact on the outcome of a transfer because even though people’s cycle lengths may differ in the number of days, its the last 14 days that matter (which typically starts the  day of ovulation or when we start the progesterone) All the days before that is just your body preparing itself for implantation and some people naturally need extra days

dont known if i explained it in a understandable way or if I made it worse.
  • @J1006 that's exciting and 10 is a pretty good lining even if ift is not expecting to grow anymore based what the girls are saying. I'm happy for you GL!
    @bkatp I emailed the nurse she said she will be sending my calendar and protocol today or early next week. hope my FET will be scheduled in September...
    Got you @justharrison
  • Anyone have experience with this:

my period is significantly heavier this cycle. When I’ve been on BCP I only have about 3 days of significant bleeding. I’m still filling tampons on day 6! Could it either be bc this is a period after being on BCP continuously for 8 weeks after post-D&C. Or maybe the acupuncture is helping better regulate my blood flow?

my understanding is that you should have more, not fewer, days of bleeding. This cycle has just very weird for me. I forgot that I also experienced more significant cramping this time. 

in any event, hope that means my Ute is cleansing itself for embaby! ;)

• @northbeach3 that's interesting about your period being heavier, and I wonder too if it's the acupuncture doing it? It will be interesting to see how it effects me. So far I've had 2 sessions and it's been really improving how well I sleep. Like if I wake up, i used to take 2-3 hours to go back asleep and now I go back pretty quickly. I have also heard what you said about more days of bleeding being better. Also my acupuncturist said clots aren't good and I usually have those so hopefully this will help with that too.

• My period was heavier too @northbeach3, I was thinking it was because I just came out of a IVF cycle. Today I'm CD7 and I'm just now spotting. It was heavy flow the whole week and bright red. My period is usually last 3 days and the color is not that bright. I'm not having any cramps and I don't do acupuncture, glad I'm not the only one experiencing that !
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited September 2018
    @northbeach3 I had heavy periods after extraction (IVF cycle). The next one was normal. Yours might be heavy cos of d & c like u said not really sure. 
  • Well our bodies are strange beasts! Im also on CD7 and I’m ready to tell Aunt Flo BYE! I’ve never gone through so many tampons before!  :)

• Hi again... @Momifbysea @mrsyng @northbeach3 @Bababatty sorry I went missing for  few days.  Trying not to think about the transfer I had last week.  We transferred 1 embryo.  My beta is scheduled for tomorrow 9/1.  My history is below.

*TW*
    TTC since 2015
    2016 diagnosis MFI
    Oct 2016 surprise BFP, ended in MC
    June 2017 IVF w/ ICSI #1 - 1 fresh transfer, CP
    Oct 2017 IVF w/ ICSI #2 - planned for pgs testing, day 5s were not viable for testing 
    Dec 2017 - 2nd opinion and decided to move to new clinic
    March 2018 IVF w/ ICIS #3 - 3 embryos pgs normal!!! 
    June 2018 FET # 1 - BFN 
    Aug 2018 FET #2 ???

• GL tomorrow @mandapanda1421

@northbeach3 my guess is the acupuncture. AF for me is always super light when I’m on BCP. 

Just did my last Lupron shot (woohoo!). I get to start the lovely PIO tomorrow morning. 
  • @mandapanda1421 sounds like you survived not testing! Best of luck tomorrow, major FX for strong beta!!

home stretch @j1006! Tho I’m not looking forward to PIO :)

• Hi ladies, I started my estradiol and minivelle patches on 9/21 and had my lining checked 8/30 and it was only 6.34mm. My RE upped my estradiol dose and i'm to go back for another check on 9/5. Is that too late for a transfer? it would be CD 18 and i usually ovulate Cd14-18. I still would have to start my progesterone injections for 5 days after my lining is ok before transfer. Wondering what you all think? this is my first FET and i'm a little nervous that they will miss the window and i'd have to do it all over again next month
    ***** child/loss TW *****
    natural pregnancy DD 2012 TTC #2 since 2014
    9/2015 chemical pregnancy
    Initial workup: 
         AMH: 0.898 ng/ml
         Antral Follicle Count: 5
         FSH day 3: 6.56 mIU/ml
         LH day 3: 5.24 mIU/ml
         Estradiol day 3: 46.75 pg/ml

IUI 1-4 BFN

IVF #1 After ovulation was confirmed with progesterone levels on CD19. Cetrotide ½ dose X4 doses and minivelle was started CD 20 to continue through stim. Upon AF, started follistim 150 bid and menopur 75 bid on CD3. Started cetrotide 1 dose when biggest follicle reached 13mm. Retrieved 4 eggs out of 12 follicles, 2 PGS normal, FET #1 9/14/18 BFP beta#1 10dp6dt 369, 12dp6dt 1210 
  • mrsyngmrsyng member
    edited September 2018
    @mandapanda1421 good luck tomorrow! Fx for a strong beta.

@babyhopeful442 I’m not sure what your protocol is but I believe it should be fine since I don’t believe you’re on a protocol to ovulate your own follicles to create your own corpus luteum; hence, the need to PIO?? But if you’re worried best person to calm those jitters is your RE/RN. Hopefully your lining will build up with more estrogen!! Fx 
  • @babyhopeful442 I agree with @mrsyng. My ovaries are suppressed so I transfer on what my office refers to as stim day 21. I started my estrogen on 8/18 and will transfer on 9/6. If you are concerned I would definitely talk to your RE. 
  • @babyhopeful442 that's totally normal! in my last FET cycle, my lining needed more time to thicken so they just added a few more days of estrogen and upped my dose (i was doing shots, not patches). i, too, was initially worried, but i came to understand that if you're doing a medicated cycle (where your ovaries are suppressed) they can control the timing depending to your lining thickness (or even if the staff is out of the office for a conference, right @Momifbysea?). 

where the timing becomes more critical is when you do start the PIO shots... that's supposed to mirror the process of you actually ovulating and telling your body to start producing progesterone. 

so basically, you can be on estrogen for tons of days until the lining is right... then once you start PIO, you usually transfer within 5 days to correspond to the 5 day embryo (unless you've had an ERA that says other timing).