December 2018 Moms
Options

Chicco Keyfit 30 Zip Air

Hi all. I would like to purchase the Chicco Keyfit 30 Zip Air. I am having troubles finding it. I live in Canada and the only place I found that would ship it would charge $150 just for shipping. Anyone from Canada know a retailer that may sell this particular model? 

Also would love to hear your thoughts/opinions on this carseat if you have used it.

Re: Chicco Keyfit 30 Zip Air

• Options
    I'm not familiar with that particular model but two other Chicco infant seats are highly rated by Consumer Reports.

TB isn't letting me upload photos right now :rage: but maybe check out Chicco KeyFit and/or Chicco KeyFit 30. 
    Judging from the name it sounds like they'll be super similar.... except maybe the Zip Air is lighter? 
  • Options
    They are quite similar it's just the zip has a zip around boot, visor, ect and the zip air has a breathable fabric plus the zip on/off features. I'm just being picky is all haha 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    FWIW, I didn't even use a carrier-style car seat with my daughter. We've used the Chicco NextFit since the day she came home from the hospital! If it'd save you a chunk of cash, I'd go with one of the other KeyFits if they're more accessible. :blush:
  • Options
    I'm in Canada just ordered the Chicco Keyfit30.
    One thing to keep in mind a bunch of Canada Chicco seats just had a recall where they sent out the parts to rectify the "problem". This wasn't an issue in the US as they don't have the same standards as Canadian Safety Transport or whatever it's called that governs that stuff here.
    So if you order the seat you want from the US for the features, you're going to run into different standards.
    Not that I think it's less safe but you need to watch that it doesn't get taken at the boarder or cause troubles when flying etc. because the safety stickers are different.
    Personally I would order the Keyfit30 from Canada. Get the replacement part if your seat is included (Mine is still in the box and I still had to get the part which I'll do when I install my seat) and then just get whatever other add on's you want.
    The reason you can't find it in Canada is because it's not approved here. 

Also - this would be a great question in the Canadian Moms Check in. Come join us there too! 
  • Options
    Thanks for the information. That's really helpful