February 2019 Moms
Options

PGAL check-in Aug 22

1. How many weeks are you, and have you passed any milestones?

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically?

3. Any appointment updates?

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?

5. GTKY: What’s your favorite kind of cheese?

Re: PGAL check-in Aug 22

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you, and have you passed any milestones? 16 weeks - all of them. 

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Physically I’m doing great, but mentally I’m having a hard time. I’ve been feeling kicks/flutters almost daily now, but the breaks in between are brutal, I keep thinking that something happened and the baby is gone. I wish I couldn’t feel anything until the baby was big enough to consistently kick. 

3. Any appointment updates? Nothing for the next 3 weeks, but I might make an appointment for a heart beat check if I can’t keep it together. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Any tips on how to deal with the time in between when the baby isn’t moving?

5. GTKY: What’s your favorite kind of cheese? Oka, it’s a semi-soft cheese that’s manufactured in Eastern Canada. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you, and have you passed any milestones? 14w2d all milestones passed

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Tired. Physically and mentally.

3. Any appointment updates? US on Monday - baby is looking good and measuring right on despite still losing weight.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? wildfires and global warming.

5. GTKY: What’s your favorite kind of cheese? All cheese is the only correct answer to this question.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you, and have you passed any milestones? 14w5d, milestone passed.

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Physically I feel okay. Mentally I'm psyching myself out about my appointment this Friday. At the US two weeks ago, baby wasn't moving a lot and the tech didn't say anything about whether or not the baby looked healthy. So while I assume the tech not saying much is par for the course, I'm automatically assuming the worst, of course. I'll be happy to have my appointment, hear a heartbeat, and ask the OB to give me an overview of the US (was baby on track with size? was it normal that baby wasn't moving a lot? etc).

3. Any appointment updates? See above.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? All of the new grad students arrived today at the theology school that my library is a part of. I already hate them all. They're either very chipper and extra talkative, or they're really dumb and I don't know how they were accepted (or ever graduated from undergrad). It's going to be a looooooong semester. One of them already sat down across from me on my lunch break today (uninvited) and started chatting about school. I was like LEAVE ME IN PEACE, SATAN.

5. GTKY: What’s your favorite kind of cheese? I agree with @kayjay44 on this one. All cheese is good. At this very moment, brie with tart apples sounds tasty.
  • Options
    @ChloandCoco - There will be a day (both while pregnant and once that baby is out) that you will be dying for him/her to sit still. I just remind myself of that.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    @kayjay44 That’s a good way of thinking about it. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you, and have you passed any milestones? 16+5, all passed

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Physically pretty good just tired. Mentally I’m getting more and more anxious. I haven’t felt the baby move in over a week after feeling her every other day or so. I was able to find a HB with the Doppler on Sunday but only a snippet and it sounded far away and then was gone. I’m going in for a HB check tomorrow and I’m really worried how it’s going to go. 

3. Any appointment updates? Tomorrow for a HB check then regular prenatal appt Monday. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? I too wish I hadn’t felt her move so early. I’d rather I’d feel it when it was going to be more consistent. 

Extra sharp cheddar cheese. The sharper the better! 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you, and have you passed any milestones? - 14 weeks, milestone passed a long time ago.

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? - Ugh. I'm not doubting the wellness of the baby, but the return of my nausea is taking a toll, both physically and mentally.

3. Any appointment updates? - No appts for three weeks.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? - Like I said in today's ticker change, I think I can feel baby move! It's probably crazy for being a FTM, but there has definitely been something going on in there that isn't gas.

5. GTKY: What’s your favorite kind of cheese? - Jumping the "all cheese" bandwagon.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @allthingsgo Sounds like you and me are going through the same thing. It’s so hard to trust that everything is going ok with the baby. 
  • Options
    @ChloandCoco so true, it is really hard to trust all is well. Hopefully they both start kicking us all the time soon! I’ll take that any day over this ‘radio silence.’
  • Options
    @ChloandCoco just wanted to let you know that at my HB check today the MW said it’s very common not to feel movement that often at this time bc of baby’s size relative to the uterus.

Also she said the lack of movement for long could just mean the placenta has moved to the anterior, the baby has moved into a different position farther back or that the uterus has titled back when growing.

Hopefully that offers some reassurance as it did me! Also she found the HB super easy and it was strong and I haven’t felt anything in over a week. These babies already making us worry! 
  • Options
    @episcowitch Cinnamon and blueberries with goat cheese sounds SO wonderful. Goat cheese with any berry is always just a winning combination.
  • Options
    13+6 all milestones passed
    Feeling ok, I'm tentatively allowing myself it start getting excited, but it's still hard. Physically I am tired and have RLP but am otherwise ok.
    I had one yesterday because I was worried about discharge (turns out I have bacterial vaginosis, blergh) but the good news is everything else looks good and I got to hear the hb, always reassuring. Next one is on 9/4
    A window literally fell out of its frame in my living room and smashed on the floor. I feel like this is a metaphor for my week...I'm really not looking forward to the start of the school year (I'm a college prof)
    I agree with everyone else, ALL THE CHEESE. I really enjoy soft stinky French cheeses that we are not allowed to have right now, yum 
  • Options

16w4d all milestones passed

Like I’m wearing a fat suit

one more week until I get to pee in a cup again

My husband’s snoring is ridiculous. I slept on the lazy boy downstairs trying to get away from it. It was maybe worse because it echoed. There is no escaping it.

All the cheese. I’m making a Brie and peach grilled cheese before peach season is over, ruled be damned.
  • Options
    @conchispita You can totally have Brie! I found out last month that most of them now are made with pasteurized milk, at least here in the US. I think it's unpasteurized milk they say to avoid. So go forth and enjoy all the Brie!! 
  • Options
    @allthingsgo I’m so glad your me was able to find the heartbeat quickly! Thanks for passing on what the midwife said! It definitely helps to think about things just moving. I know I have a posterior placenta, so hopefully that helps speed up the kicks. I just keep telling myself that this is a calm baby, haha!
  • Options
    Felt the baby move a ton today. It’s crazy how different they are. This one feels more like popcorn than flutters. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    @conchispitita brie is so good. I make grilled brie sandwiches all the time. My fave is bluberry preserves, brie, and prosciutto.
    “My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances” 
  • Options
    @episcowitch prosciutto/Brie/blueberry sounds amazing, I may have to try that sometime!
  • Options
    Frustrating doctor experience today: Had my 15 week appointment this morning. I've had pre-hypertension in the past due to birth control, which went back down to normal when I switched to the mini pill. So I asked the Dr about whether she/the other doctors are keeping an eye on my blood pressure in case it goes up in the later part of pregnancy, and told her that I've been checking my blood pressure weekly when I go to the grocery store/pharmacy to make sure it's staying in a healthy range. She said "We'll keep an eye on it, but I'm not concerned right now. Oh, and don't check your blood pressure yourself; it'll just make you worried and anxious."
    LIKE WHAT?! Keeping track of your own health metrics is a really good habit, and I was so annoyed at the (once again) paternalistic attitude of medicine creeping through (with a young female OB, nonetheless!). Sigh. I did say "Sure, I suppose the less data, the better, right?" because it was early in the morning and I was not in a good place to be kind just yet. I don't think she really caught the snark, though.
    This is the same doctor that has gotten multiple negative reviews of her bedside manner, and she's even had some issues with frequently using forceps in delivery when they're not medically indicated. I go to a group practice, so I'm hoping and praying that she's not the one on call when I go into labor. I'd probably just choose to deliver in the car instead of dealing with her again. Sheesh.
    Good thing I've loved all of the other docs so far. I think she's just a bad apple.
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 that is so super frustrating, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I think it's really important that we keep our own tabs on our health and advocate for ourselves, we know what our bodies are like, and it's so annoying to not feel heard. I hope you don't get her again! 
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 How obnoxious! I’ve had similar experiences with my OB. Yesterday at my appointment she actually chastised me about getting both the NT and NIPT done. Her nurses set both up, but ok. She told me they were redundant and that I need to be more responsible with my healthcare. She said this, with a straight face, to a woman whose had *TW* 5 miscarriages and zero live children. *End TW* I was torn between crying and screaming at her because I felt so belittled, and now I’m terrified my insurance is going to deny the claims for one or both tests. Ugh. 
  • Options
    @cassafrass15 oh hell no! I would have put her in her place and quickly, you are entitled to do all the tests you need, if even just for peace of mind. Your doctor needs to find an empathy pill ASAP 
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 I’m sure she’s the type of doctor that when people do find something using their own metrics just shrugges it off as good luck. Too bad they don’t teach better communication skills in med school (although I’m sure some people are just a lost cause)
  • Options
    Thanks @lifeislove87 - it makes me feel better that you agree her comment lacked empathy. I found out today from a friend-of-a-friend that my OB has a reputation for poor bedside manner. Blah.