M/C 06/09/2011
DS 05/29/2013
M/C 02/14/2017 
M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: FFFC 8/24

• DH got a rental car and we had to google how to open the trunk this morning. New cars are too fancy. 
    DH and I once rented a Lincoln and had no idea where the gear shifter was. There were buttons on the dashboard for p, r, n, d. It was so confusing and we sat there for a good long while figuring it out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kianarain you're good up to 200 mg! Get your caffeine on. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• DH is a soon to be SAHD to our 16 month old, and I'm resisting the urge to micromanage everything. I want to make a schedule for library and activities. I want to limit screen time for DH because I think he sets a bad example with being on the computer too much. DS doesn't have screen time except for an occasional kids' movie or Mr. Rogers rerun. I'm sure I'll be even worse with the micromanaging urges when Baby #2 comes along! 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @kns1988 truuuue but I have been trying to stay significantly under. In first tri I stuck to green tea only, then started doing black tea in second tri. I just started back on coffee recently, and thought it was just my lack of tolerance that made me feel so buzzed. Nope, these little 10 oz. guys pack a punch! 

Whatever, I'm busy at work so I deserve it. Also definitely going to strategically drink one before my A/S so I can see LO go crazy hahaha
  • I end up sleeping on my stomach a lot still. I don’t fall asleep that way but I’m on my stomach when I wake up.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @pttomato I find I wake up on my stomach alot too.  I start on my side but somehow end up there. I remember this happening with DS and when my bump became bigger I stopped.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I took a nap so hard today that I didn't know where I was for a minute when I woke up. Also, pregnancy dreams galore. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I’m hoping that this baby is a boy, although I think it’s another girl. I’m worried that a girl will be ‘spirited’ like DD, and a boy would be more likely to be calm and easy going even though I know those things are completely unrelated. I don’t know what I will do if I end up with two kids like DD.
  • Every time DS picks the book One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, I only read every other page. That book is so dang long. 
    We do this too especially with Go Dog Go. I hate that book but DS loves it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We live 15 minutes away from anything. I just asked my husband if he would run out for some Ben & Jerry’s Half Baked... in my defense I was mostly joking & thought he’d say no but he’s on the journey as I type this.  
    Me (28) & DH (35)
    Met 4/2010+Married 8/2014 
    TTC #1 August 2016BFP 10/2016= DD Born 6.23.17
    NTNP April 2018. BFP 5/2018 EDD 1.29.19 *Team Green*

• @PolarBear517 I enjoyed my pint of half baked last weekend to celebrate.  Well... H helped. But it was my first time having it and it was delicious 
  • @sfgiantsgamerbabe I was hoping for a boy for exactly those reasons. Being in the midst of parenting a teenage girl, it took me a minute to warm up to the idea of having a baby girl. We are beyond excited now after thinking of the great parts of parenting a girl, but I definitely had flashbacks to period talks, the sex talks, and all the boy drama we have had already with DD. 
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • pttomato said:
    I’m hoping that this baby is a boy, although I think it’s another girl. I’m worried that a girl will be ‘spirited’ like DD, and a boy would be more likely to be calm and easy going even though I know those things are completely unrelated. I don’t know what I will do if I end up with two kids like DD.
    I felt the exact same way except I have a boy and already know I’m having another boy. 

I keep reminding myself that our nieces are 14 months apart and couldn’t possibly be more different. They are like night and day. One is loud, outgoing, and bounces off the walls. The younger one is calm, quiet and shy. So that has to mean this next one will totally be the easier one of my two. Right?!? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PolarBear517 same thing happened when I was pregnant with DS, except my craving was for an Oatmeal Cream Pie. Turns out, the craving was apparently DH’s, because he kept our pantry stocked with those for the rest of my pregnancy. Even though they were “for me,” he ate most of them  :D
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• julesf817 said:
    So that has to mean this next one will totally be the easier one of my two. Right?!? 
    This is what I tell myself.
  • @sweetyjenj Florida passed a law that you cannot smoke around anyone under the age of 18. So when I saw a lady smoking in the car with her 1yo I about died. 
  • Many provinces in Canada have laws about smoking around children/business doors.  My own mother lit up in her vehicle several times when I was there and I was ready to strangle her. She told me she doesn't believe smoking is harmful. Once of many reasons she will never be around my child. If I could have gotten out and walked, I would have.
  • sweetyjenjsweetyjenj member
    edited August 2018
    @gorgeousariel @leighbrek it would be AMAZING if they could do that here! I went to my nephew's 12th birthday party yesterday and at least half the parents were smoking while everyone was grouped together. It was an outdoor party, but there were no less than 10 kids under 5 years old who were also present, and two of us adults were pregnant. They would light up right next to me, my 18mo old daughter, and all around all the kids. I made it obvious when I would get up and leave because they were smoking next to me, but none of the smokers thought it was their responsibility to keep it away from kids. I would have LOVED if each of them got a smoking violation (is that what it's called??). It just bugs me in general when I see it, then I about lost it when there were so many parents there who didn't care one bit.

ETA: it was DH's brother's kid, and DH's brother and most of his friends live quite a bit north of us in hick town. They all drink Bud Light and smoke throughout all their kids' birthday parties. I hate going, but we have to at least attend for an hour. Thankfully they had chickens, pigs, and bunnies so I could take DD to the animals and escape it all.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • @sweetyjenj We have smokers in our family and I never make it easy for anyone to come to our house or visit our family. I give zero f's about being rude or making them feel uncomfortable. 
  • leighbrek said:
    Many provinces in Canada have laws about smoking around children/business doors.  My own mother lit up in her vehicle several times when I was there and I was ready to strangle her. She told me she doesn't believe smoking is harmful. Once of many reasons she will never be around my child. If I could have gotten out and walked, I would have.
    I once had a home health patient whose doctor’s orders to me said that I was to educate and helhim him understand the harmful effects of his lifestyle choices, which for him included being a chain smoker and ignoring his sugar intake despite being diabetic. The first thing the man told me was “Cigarrettes aren’t bad for you because they come from fossil fuels which come from the earth and nothing that comes from the earth can hurt you.” I attempted to explain to him that first, they don’t come from fossil fuels, second, by his line of reasoning drinking gasoline would be perfectly safe, and third, arsenic comes from the earth and is a potent poison. His response? “No, cigarettes don’t hurt a thing. I’ll tell you what does kill people, though- recliners.” At this point he was nodding as if I was supposed to jump on board and understand exactly what he was talking about. I did not. Utterly confused, I asked, “How so? Like, if they fall on you?” He resonded, “No. They hold your body in an unnatural position and it makes you sick all
    up in here,” (he was indicating his chest area,) “and then people like you blame it on the cigarettes.”

I was speechless.

He also refused to believe that chocolate milk (with both sugar and HFCS listed in the ingredients list) was causing his blood sugar to increase.
  • @libertymomrn Those people are just lost causes. How they come up with this stuff is so far beyond me.
  • @libertymomrn oh man. I would have been speechless, too! People like that just shock me. How can you live that long and be so ignorant? Although, he had health issues, so maybe it was just luck? I work in mental health, often with couples/families/young kids, and it's shocking the things I've heard/seen/worked with. A colleague told me yesterday she had to literally tell someone they could not masturbate in front of their son in order to teach them how to do it. Apparently the guy meant no harm by the suggestion (and I don't believe he did it yet, just was thinking of ideas of how to help his son through sex ed) but it shocked me to hear that an adult would even think that was an option.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • jgil85 said:
    @sweetyjenj We have smokers in our family and I never make it easy for anyone to come to our house or visit our family. I give zero f's about being rude or making them feel uncomfortable. 
    Lol, when my daughter was born i bought shirts for my mom, dad and brother because my dad smokes and their clothes reek of it. People I told about it thought I was being an ahole because every time my family would come over I would make them put on the shirt I bought them, and then take it off when they left so I could wash it again.