December 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Check In w/o 8.20 (EDD 12.24-12.31+)

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?

GTKY: What is one skill you wish you were better at?

Re: Weekly Check In w/o 8.20 (EDD 12.24-12.31+)

• Options

Happy Tuesday! 

How far along are you? How big is baby? 20 wks 6 days - a box of dryer sheets - something dumb the bump said lol

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? Pretty good minus night puking still. I honestly think I can't handle prenatals anymore. Not sure if I should split up the three pills to one every meal or what. 

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? Rave - I've managed to get everyone where they needed to be at the exact same time last night while DH is out of town.

Rant - was in a foullll mood yesterday. school starts next week and my husband signed my boys up for baseball and tball and I got only the first schedule which is every monday and friday and games saturday I wanted to freak out. Not sure how in the hell I will manage with him traveling every week for the next month or two. I already know im going to break down at some point. I would love to know what others do how everyone agrees on sports. I don't think it necessary to play fall and spring. Any regardless if men say they will handle it you have to be home to handle it! Which means when running is done at the end fo the night ill have to log back on and finish my work. UGh...sigh 

GTKY: What is one skill you wish you were better at? Reading and writing. Huge downfall of mine. My oldest I can see following in my footsteps so we have already have him in weekly tutoring to help him which makes me super happy. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    katy0990katy0990 member
    edited August 2018
    @mcgeeva That schedule sounds rough. Good luck! I hope you are able to carpool with someone who can help. Do you have to take 3 separate prenatals?
  • Options
    No! It's new teams so I don't know anyone and I will find out this week my other son's schedule. Want to strangle my husband right now. 

no I have just been using the same prenatals I used for both my boys and never had an issue. They are ones my Fertility doctor suggested I get years ago. But this time around they don't stay down.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    katy0990 said:

How far along are you? How big is baby? 22 weeks, baby is the size of a coconut.

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? I feel mostly ok; still pretty tired but not as sick feeling and less throwing up. Still struggling with finding food appealing. 

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?

Rant: My son starts school in less than 2 weeks and he still doesn’t have his teacher assignment yet which is driving me crazy because that means I can’t finish his back to school shopping yet. I do not understand why they wait so last minute. Every other district in the area gives out teacher assignments the last day of the prior school year or July when lists go out. None of this waiting until the last week of August nonsense.

GTKY: What is one skill you wish you were better at? Using a knife! I have really nice knives, now if only they came with the skills to back them up!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby?  21 weeks - Baby is the size of an endive and measured 14 ounces at her anatomy scan

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? I've reached the stage where it now takes a concerted effort to roll over in bed. It's pathetic.  Also, I am hot (temperature). And I'm not use to being hot.  And turns out I am cranky AF when I'm hot. I don't think I've ever wanted summer to end as much as I do right now.

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?  Anatomy scan showed a probable congenital heart defect.  It's a minor one (VSD), and my son has the same, but still makes me very sad.  We are going for a fetal echo in a few weeks.

GTKY: What is one skill you wish you were better at?  Patience.  Not sure if it is a skill, but it's one I try to practice often because I naturally have 0.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @misscheapandchic  I feel you! We start monday and we still don't know my son's new teacher 

• Options
    katy0990katy0990 member
    edited August 2018
    @misscheapandchic I cannot speak for all schools, but at the ones I have taught at, we knew the assignments before school ended. However, we waited to post them until the last minute so parents weren’t requesting changes based on teacher personalities or their child’s friends. Once lists were posted, the office was innudated with requests and questions.

@tunnel Good luck with the echo! That would be scary. *hugs*

@mcgeeva  Have you tried taking them right before bed? 
  • Options
    @katy0990 Oh that is when I take them with my nausea pills and like clockwork I puke for hours. 

@tunnel hope all turns out okay! 

• Options
    @mcgeeva Oh gosh. That’s awful!
  • Options
    @katy0990 yeah I don't want to go without. So going to ask OB on friday what I should do. Figured the puking would be done by now

• Options
    KatzaliaKatzalia member
    edited August 2018
    @tunnel sorry to hear that — good luck to you with the fetal echo. If it is the same as what your son has, is there anything they will need to do?

@mcgeeva I am totally feeling grumpy thinking about activities for my daughter. I am procrastinating about it now. 

@katy0990 agree it’s way harder to meet people not through structured things. The mom friends I’ve made locally in the past year are either colleagues or other parents from my daughter’s preschool. I have met a couple moms at the neighborhood park or at library storytimes but they have typically been SAHM who only want to get together when I’m working. Maybe you might meet some other SAHM at similar local kid events?

As for me:
    How far/how big: currently 21+5 an endive? 

How are you feeling: I have been having RLP more intensely and more often, including any time I walk at a normal non-snail pace, until I slow down to a crawl or stop. Which means I’m not getting as much exercise. Okay, almost none, which is bugging me. 

Rant/rave/dear diary:

Rave: I have a baby bump for real now as of this week?! It’s not been obvious at all until now. 

Rant: I feel like I’ve been in trouble about weight my whole pregnancy. First losing weight, and now I’m afraid I’m gaining too fast. Likely because no nausea plus crazy thyroid swings plus oh yeah, not even really able to do much walking because see above. 

Wish I was better at:
    Tolerating BS (well not really except it might be easier.)
    Patience (parenting has exponentially expanded my patience reserves, but I still feel like this is a work in progress). 
    Crafty stuff like scrapbooking and making jam etc. i get intimidated and it feels like a Big Deal to do it. So I don’t. 
  • Options
    @gorgeousariel Fx you get some good news about your SCH!
  • Options
    @Erinka you sound so much like me!  SO is not being very supportive or understanding of my changing moods or how hard this is on me. I complain a lot because I'm uncomfortable, and he just gets aggravated with me. And I also wish my handwriting was better. The worst part is, I am an occupational therapist and work in the schools teaching kids handwriting! I know how to teach it, I just wish my handwriting itself was better LOL

@tunnel I'm sorry you're going through that. I somewhat understand the anxiety as our baby girl was not cooperative during her Anatomy scan so they couldn't get good pictures of her heart. That, paired with the fact that my sister reminded me of our cousin's heart defect, has me worried. And unfortunately I'm not going back for a follow-up Anatomy scan until our insurance and billing BS is figured out, so hopefully September 5th. Waiting so long for answers is hard! Hopefully, all is well with both of our babies and all this worrying will be for nothing.

Afm, I don't usually Post in this check-in thread, but my due date is officially 12/24 so I may as well, seeing as how the 12/17 to 12/23 thread isn't up yet. I started posting there originally because their due dates extended to 12/24 and I wasn't sure which one I belonged in!  I still don't, so I guess I will just keep posting in both LOL!  That way I get to know more of you!

How far along are you? How big is baby? 22+2 & She measured 13 oz at anatomy scan 2 weeks ago ( @erinka samesies again!)

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms?   Feeling good for the most part. Sore belly and slight cramps. I had leg cramps earlier this week, but those have luckily subsided for now. Exhaustion and heartburn are for real! More frequent and stronger baby movements, plus my intestines getting increasingly squished together is producing an interesting combination of gas and queasiness. The last two days I've thrown up 3 times. That's the same as all of first trimester! Oh, and increased stinkiness all around. Fun Fun.

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? Our buyers have accepted our response to their requested fixes for the inspection. If all goes well with the well test on Friday, we should be finishing our move on Monday, and then closing on the 30th! Crossing my fingers and toes that everything else goes smoothly. On another phone note, we already have our first repair at the new house. Oddly enough, it is the oven, which was the first repair we needed to make within months of moving into our old house! This seems to be a trend!

GTKY: What is one skill you wish you were better at? So many things to choose from! I will go with handwriting as well though. It would be nice if I could write out a card or a handwritten note without someone thinking a child wrote it! Pretty embarrassing considering my occupation!

• Options
    @scaredunprepared Fx everything continues to go smoothly with the sale of your house! If it makes you feel any better, they were unable to get all of the images of DS’s heart at his anatomy scan and I spoke to several other moms who had the same issue.
  • Options
    @katy0990 thank you, it does make me feel better. I know it's not super uncommon, just worrisome and frustrating I have to continue with insurance drama. 
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared Are they not wanting to cover the ultrasound?
  • Options
    @katy0990 they are fighting about covering all of my ultrasounds. I was told initially they would be covered 100%, but because of how MFM codes them, they are now refusing.  So it's been an ongoing battle/headache. I'm holding off getting my follow up scan until this is sorted out.  Otherwise not sure what we'll do. 
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared That really stinks! Ultrasounds are expensive!
  • Options
    @misscheapandchic Wow! They really wait until the last minute!! My best friend is a teacher and they get their class list st the end of the school year. It’s not released for a little while to the parents, but they definitely don’t wait that long!!

@tunnel I hope the echo goes well!

@gorgeousariel What do Braxton Hicks feel like? I never had them with DS, or if I did I didn’t feel them.

@scaredunprepared Eating bananas usually help with cramps!! I try to eat at least one a day because I’m a runner and likely to get them anyway, but add in pregnant and it’s almost guaranteed! 

I’ve been on vacation so no check in for me this time! I just wanted to catch up on how everyone else is doing.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    @AdorkablePixie you've probably had them and didn't realize. Your belly just gets unusually tight. Mine o ly lasts for a few minutes at a time. 
  • Options

@katzalia – it is the same kind of heart defect, but the location and size of it will determine if there is anything additional that will need to be done

@scaredunprepared – my fetal echo isn’t until 24wks, so the timing shouldn’t be a problem for your follow-up.  Good luck.

BabyFruit Ticker