March 2019 Moms

Symptoms 8/20-8/26

2»

Re: Symptoms 8/20-8/26

• @sabrinalmq you might be close! With my first, I was lucky and could feel him around 13 wks. It was always after I ate (sugar rush) and felt like a little butterfly in my pelvis. Typical time is more like 16 weeks I think.
  • @sabrinalmq for FTM feeling the movement usually comes later. I don’t think I could pinpoint movement with DS until 18-20 weeks. But it’s definitely one of those things that differs from person to person!

• Loading the player...
  • I've been SO hungry this week! I swear it's like every hour on the hour and all I want is junk :(
  • @lindseyb918 always after you ate... are you sure it wasn't just gas? :D 

@sabrinalmq my last pregnancy i started to feel definite quickening right at 19 weeks. You'll know when you feel it. 

@h@HoneyBear40 I'm with you on the craving junk thing. I've been doing pretty well during the day but at night I have to have chocolate. I'm not buying ice-cream anymore :D

SaveSave
  • @HoneyBear40 @flyingmombula yes on the junk food! It’s all I want when I actually am hungry ... the other evening DH went to the store to get donuts and runts. Haha! 
  • I scrolled thru my notes on the Ovia app from when I was preggo with DD, the weeks markers are gone so I tried to count - it was either 16 or 17 weeks exactly when I first felt her move. I can remember it vividly, such a fun feeling and one of the best parts about being pregnant.  <3
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • @flyingmombula haha maybe, I did feel it postpartum too! ;) seriously though, it was the sweetest, most distinct feeling ever. I can't wait for it again! All depends on baby's positioning and the placenta and stuff
  • Insomnia is all I have to say and it’s horrible! Any suggestions? 
  • I felt it pretty early with my first. My second it took longer to feel movement, but she was tiny compared to her brother and I was bigger when I was pregnant with her. I think it also depends on where your placenta is, if its anterior or exterior. I think my placenta is anterior this time so I have a feeling I'll feel it sooner. Baby movements can be the coolest feeling, some people get creeped out though. I loved it. I would lay against my husband and my son would kick him, its one of the fondest memories we both share from when I was pregnant with him. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @ashley14598 I would try some breathing exercises. There’s this (semi ridiculous) exercise about a raisin in the mindful birthing book and it works for me every time. It can be a challenge to not let your mind wander but if I do it right I’m asleep in 5-10 minutes. 
    Also make sure you’re not hungry! Try some peanut butter or another high protein snack.
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • @ashley14598 You can also try Unisom sleeping pills. They are what doctors often recommend to fight morning sickness, along with vitamin B6 in 25 mg doses. I haven’t been brave enough to try the Unisom because I don’t like to take medicine during pregnancy, but I do know it’s approved for pregnancy and non-habit forming. Good luck to you! 
  • @mamakate1616 @keikilove thank you!!! I’m taking zofran for nausea so I’m hesitant to try much else I do take a magnesium supplement at night. I was up last night at 3:30 and only briefly dozed back to sleep for a few minutes. It is awful! Now it’s 7:30 and I feel horrible I’m not sure if it’s because I’m exhausted or from morning sickness. I remember my first pregnancy being rough but this one seems to be a new kind of beast! 
  • Ok, so I know vivid dreams come with being pregnant but anyone else experience sleep paralysis for the first time while pregnant? Hoping this was just a weird 1-time thing.

I don't remember the dream I was having before but I 'woke up' in my bedroom to the sound of loud and frantic banging against the door. I was on my side and my husband was in front of me, asleep and completely undisturbed by the banging. He's not a heavy sleeper so I rationalized the banging must be in my head and not real. I tried to move but couldn't. I tried to speak but couldn't. All I seemed to have any control over was my breathing so I tried to make that as loud and heavy as I could to wake my husband. At some point I did regain some use of my vocal chords and tried to yell though I think it came out more as a moan. This woke my husband up and was enough to snap me out of the paralysis too.
  • @mayoduck I used to get sleep paralysis accompanied by super creepy dreams fairly often and I know how unsettling it feels having no control!! I was actually just thinking the other day that it’s been a long while since I’ve had one, probably since my DD was born and that’s probably because I haven’t had deep sleep since then lol 
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited August 2018
    @mayoduck  That sounds terrifying.  Was there actual banging in real life or were you dreaming it?

I had those exact kinds of dreams throughout childhood. For years there was a menacing spirit that hovered above my bed & pressed down on me with its energy, I was paralyzed, couldn’t call for my parents. My screams came out as moans if any sound came out at all. After I had my first baby I visited my mom & spent the night in my old bedroom. The ghost came back & I was paralyzed, but this time she told me she had her own daughter so now we were both moms and the kids could be friends. I never had another paralyzing dream again. 
  • @keikilove There wasn't any actual banging. As soon as I could move, the banging stopped and DH made a good point that if anyone were actually banging on the door, our dog would also have been barking up a storm.

Wow, your sleep paralysis dreams sound absolutely horrifying, especially as a child! I'm pretty grateful I didn't see any visitors as part of mine; I know that's fairly common in those type of dreams and it sounds infinitely more scary than just the banging I heard.

@keikilove @mamakate1616 I'm sorry you've both experienced these terrifying wakeful dreams. Knock on wood, fingers crossed and all the things that your not having experienced them in awhile means those wake-ups are behind you!
  • So. Much. Lightning. Crotch. 

I don’t remember this starting until much later with my daughter. Ouch! 
  • @maggiemadeit I’m 12 weeks tomorrow and started getting lightning crotch. My mom doesn’t know yet and it happened and almost dropped me to my feet. Thankfully she thought it was typical cramps I get throughout the month. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FTM here, what is lightening crotch?
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @violetmarie61516 Lightning crotch is this super sharp and quick pain that kind of feels
    like being punched in your cervix or vagina from the inside. It hurts sooooo much, but it is over quickly. 
  • @violetmarie61516 Lightning crotch is this super sharp and quick pain that kind of feels
    like being punched in your cervix or vagina from the inside. It hurts sooooo much, but it is over quickly. 
    Thanks for explaining, another thing I can look forward to.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @violetmarie61516 not necessarily - I didn't experience that with my first. Lots of RLP but no lightning crotch.
  • I have pelvic bone pain (like the bones are separating) like I had postpartum. Also dandruff. Wonderful. 

SaveSave
  • I didn't have it either with my first and not so far this time. 
  • Went to the urgent care today and was diagnosed with a sinus infection if it’s not one thing it’s another! Ugh! I’m taking more pills in one day then I’m actually eating foods now fiber gummies, 2 stool softeners/day, zofran, antibiotics, magnesium, and my prenatals. I’m over it! 
  • @ashley14598 That sounds awful! So sorry to hear that! Hope you get some relief soon!
  • @ashley14598 You poor thing! I really hope you are feeling better soon!