March 2019 Moms

Week 1 Check in (8/20)

2»

Re: Week 1 Check in (8/20)

• Due date:  3/2

Any appointments? Questions?:  I had an ultrasound at 9.5 weeks, and don't have another OB appointment until 9/17. It's soooo long to wait. We did get our NIPT results and baby is healthy, and we know the sex (keeping it to ourselves though).
    Question! I just emailed my doctor and asked if it's normal for your crotch to smell like a barn. Mine does and usually it smells more like an Auntie Anne's stand in the mall. Anyone else have this?!

Rants/Raves?:  No rant. My rave is that I'm pooping way better YAAAY.

How are you feeling?:  Better because of above. The nausea is really lifting, and now I've got some heartburn settling in but that is much easier to deal with! Still pretty tired, but it's manageable.

GTKY: What is your hidden talent?  Ummm I don't think I have any? When I am good at something I generally yell all over the place about it.
  • @chocolatelemons - I have been waking up at 2am to pee, too, and it sucks! I read to go back to sleep but sometimes I end up finishing a whole chapter! :smile: 

@maggiemadeit - I chart using BBT, as well, and came up with March 2nd based on that. I went in for a scan a few weeks ago and based on size, they moved me up to Feb. 22nd! I just tell people end of Feb. because my babies are grown bigger, too. I can see by my chart when I ovulated, and my dating was spot on with DD2. If my scan was earlier (say, 7-9 weeks), I am willing to bet they would have me about where I estimated, give or take a day. Sizing really starts to be more individual around 10-11 weeks.

Incidentally, I let them induce me for no medical reason with DD3 because I carried her so darn low, with the hour drive they had me a bit nervous about possibly giving birth in the car. In hindsight, I think it would have been fine, they induced me by trying to break my water but my dr. had a tough time of it because of what he colorfully described as my "bag of steal". Hindsight is 20/20 but I am determined to let this LO come on their own time and let myself go into labor spontaneously. The hospital is much closer this time! :)

• Loading the player...
  • @booksiscute Unfortunately, my crotch has been smelling a bit off... From what I've read, it's either nothing to worry about OR bacterial vaginosis (overgrowth of 'bad' microbes which lessens the amount of 'good' microbes). It's apparently fairly common to get BV during pregnancy because of a lowered immune system. The doctor will probably want to swab to test for BV because, even though the risk is low, it could cause issues later in pregnancy and during delivery. If it is BV, they usually prescribe antibiotics which clear it up. It also can clear up on its own so I'm just waiting a little while before talking to the midwife about it because I really don't want to take antibiotics if I don't have to because they always throw my system out of whack. It's not every day that I notice the stronger odor so I'm hoping things will go back to normal, but if it doesn't then I guess I'll have to deal with it and get checked out! I never realized quite how gross pregnancy could be. 
  • @booksiscute Yay for pooping! I was sooooo miserable in the beginning, it made pooping again feel like an accomplishment! 

I didn’t have an odor down there with my first, but there was a lot of moisture. Between extra discharge and extra sweat I just felt constantly damp. Like change underwear 3x a day kind of situation. 
  • Due 3/2. 

Appointments/questions: Not till Oct. I have one scheduled for late Sept. but will likely have to move it back. However, I did get the link to their online system that holds my medical records and test results and such and filled out all the background history they ask for - medical history, pregnancy history, etc. so that was exciting!

Rants/raves: H is sick. Worse sick than I've been the whole pregnancy, poor guy. Daughter has been fussy because she's teething her first molars. 

Feeling: Better. Still occasionally achy and occasionally nauseated. 

GTKY: Hmm. I'm pretty flexible. People are always surprised that I can sit in certain ways. Also, we pick wild berries, and I'm really, really fast and "clean" (getting very few leaves and sticks along with the berries that have to be sorted out later) at it. My MiL and H were both saying that my H is a fast and somewhat clean picker. So we went out together, and I don't really care but just wanted to see how I stack up against him and what people who've picked with him consider "fast." I blew him away! I not only got about 1/3 more than him, but I also pick way way cleaner than him. I had maybe 15% of the sticks and leaves that he did (fewer bugs and worms too!). It was interesting to know!
  • booksiscutebooksiscute member
    edited August 2018
    @maggiemadeit @bug_hunter I went ahead and made an appointment. It's Tuesday... since I'm going to be in there anyway, I'm gonna ask if she can take a listen for the heartbeat, so I don't have to wait until week 16 to know baby's doing ok in there!

I LOVE POOPING at all times but especially right now!!