December 2018 Moms

Foot Size Poll

kadeephdkadeephd member
edited August 2018 in December 2018 Moms
I'm curious.  I heard your feet can get bigger during pregnancy.  Have yours?  I divided the responses into STM and FTM since us FTMs may not have gotten there yet.

Pregnancy Ticker

Foot Size Poll 36 votes

No (STM+)
22% 8 votes
Yes, but not permanently (STM+)
16% 6 votes
Yes, permanently (STM+)
22% 8 votes
Not yet (FTM)
38% 14 votes
Yes (FTM)
0% 0 votes

Re: Foot Size Poll

• Loading the player...
  • @kadeephd I personally don't know anyone whose feet grew during pregnancy. 
  • @jens_hoes That's nice to hear.  I was hoping it was a rare thing.  I read this and was a bit freaked out.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • hkomhkom member
    @echo-charlietango I'm with you - I have too many nice shoes that would be useless. Also, I'm already a size 10, which is hard enough.  Options drop dramatically at 10.5 and up   :s 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm pretty sure mine varies. I noticed the other day that they looked super puffy, but looking at them now, they seem to be normal. It's hard to say for sure, though, since I pretty much haven't wore an enclosed shoe for several months. When it gets cold here, and I'm back in enclosed shoes, I think I'll be able to tell if they fit tighter.
  • katy0990katy0990 member
    edited August 2018
    Mine swelled a lot (along with the rest of my body) but they were back to normal about 1 or 2 weeks PP. I did ruin one of my favorite pairs of boots, though because I stretched them out so much
  • Mine really didn't grow, but I became EXTREMELY sensitive to ill fitting shoes. I prefer floppy shoes that don't squeeze my feet, lol
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• My feet haven’t permanently grown in any previous pregnancy, and they haven’t grown this time. 

In previous pregnancies, my feet have swollen. I get fankles, too. The real bummer is always that it’s gradual so I don’t realize I’m stretching my shoes out. The last time, I put my shoes on the leave the hospital and the swelling was all gone. The shoes were huge. In the end I had to chuck them, they were unwearable. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • I definitely consider your feet growing and swelling two different things.  Towards the end of my pregnancy last time around I had fat feet and cankles but the length of my feet did not grow.  I still fit in all of my pre-pregnancy shoes
  • My feet definitely got bigger last time, but completely went back to normal in — I don’t know, whenever I tried to wear real shoes again? End of May baby so I probably wore flip flops or running shoes a lot in the first month ir two. I definitely sized up half a size during the second half of pregnancy last time, so I didn’t have any stretching of my usual shoes. As soon as they felt uncomfortable I sized up. No need to size up yet this time (22 weeks) so we’ll see. 

Side note: I had one pair of wedges and one pair of boots last time that I wore the last half of pregnancy. I was sooo excited to wear more variety again.  
  • I think my mom's feet got wider with two pregnancies. Personally, after just one pregnancy, I can still fit into all of my pre-preg shoes no problem. But yes to fankles and swollen feet -- I did ruin a nice pair of Soludos and my Superga slip-ons because I wore them fairly frequently in my last trimester of my pregnancy. I still haven't tossed them, so I guess they'll be my 3rd-tri shoes this time around too!

One final note: I was surprised that the swelling didn't immediately go down after I gave birth. It took maybe a week or two for everything to return to normal size. This may be different for everyone though.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon Yes! I also assumed the swelling would go down within the first day or two, but it took probably 2 weeks of sweating my a$$ off at night to be rid of all the extra fluid and go back to normal.
  • Same as @PensiveCrayon & @Jens_Hoes here - My feet swelled a lot & so they stretched out my shoes or there were shoes that didn't fit that normally would've. They went back to my pre-preg size!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • ActivebabyActivebaby member
    edited August 2018
    So I will add the bad news. My feet did not change with my first pregnancy. My feet grew 1/2 size with my second. After a year post partum I gave away lots of nice shoes because they didn’t fit anymore. I went from 6 to 6 1/2 to a 6 1/2 to 7. This time so far no changes in size. 
    ETA: I didn’t really have foot swelling.
  • @Activebaby I was wondering if that might be the case. Pewp. Excuse for new shoes??
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @echo-charlietango @hkom
    I completely stopped buying new shoes when we decided we would start TTC. It was hard.. I miss shoe shopping..

• Mine didn’t really grow as such but they got fatter while I was pregnant and after birth just from being swollen. My hunter boots are near impossible to get off closer to my due date. 

I could fit back into all my shoes once the swelling went away. 
  • @Activebaby I was wondering if that might be the case. Pewp. Excuse for new shoes??
    A few for necessity - normal work, flat, tennis shoes. My flip flops and sandals still fit. I’m too cautious to buy much, besides I spend all my money on childcare....
  • I definitely had swollen feet for both pregnancies, the second one I had really bad swelling and my feet grew from a 8-8.5 to a 9. I had to replace all of my shoes; it was so sad because I had just gotten some of them for Christmas before they were born. I just bought some new shoes when I took the kids back to school shopping and am really hoping my feet do not grow! 
  • @snugglyduckling25 here’s to hoping our feet don’t grow again! 
  • hoosiermama-2hoosiermama-2 member
    edited August 2018
    Gained a permanent half-size with DD (I'm now an 8.5 - and i'm only 5'2" :|). My shoes are tight already. If I gain another half size, I swear........ hahaha
  • @PensiveCrayon and @katy0990 really?! I remember being in the delivery room commenting about how the swelling was gone! It was crazy how quickly it disappeared for me. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Went from a 7-7.5 to now being 8-8.5, so gained about a full size. I haven't noticed my feet getting any bigger yet this time around, and no swelling yet either. My feet didn't really swell during pregnancy, but after birth that first day or two they were a bit swollen. Went away quickly though. I'm hoping my feet don't grow more this time! At least not permanately! Though I need new shoes anyways, especially boots, so I wouldn't be getting rid of too many pairs.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @runrinserepeat I had polyhydramnios during my last pregnancy, so I swelled literally everywhere except probably my neck and my upper arms. I am not sure if that has anything to do with why it took so long for the swelling to disappear. I look back at photos from my pregnancy and the first couple weeks of DS’s life and I almost don’t recognize myself. It was insane!
  • If you have any anasthesia or epidural, that also can produce significant swelling after birth, that typically goes away with a couple weeks. 
  • @kristah2 Mybhusband bought me hunter boots for Christmas when I was 7 months pregnant. He kept wanting me to wear them but I could barely get them on let alone take them off! Lol
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg