February 2019 Moms

Why my SO is a &!@*^%#!

Re: Why my SO is a &!@*^%#!

• @notthecheat - they can do sleep studies at home now! It’s much cheaper and easier. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Since when?? It was a struggle getting him to the doctor the first time I don't know if I'll be able to do it again.
  • Loading the player...
  • @notthecheat - MIL did one within the last 6 months. They send you home with a cpap like machine that tracks episodes. I know that wasn't an option years ago for DH and we had to go the expensive route.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @brazilgirl85 haha! Good comeback! 

That zone cleaning thing sounds super annoying though!
  • cas060cas060 member
    edited August 2018
    @brazilgirl85, can you please try cooking the pizza 'in the zone'? And report back his reaction??  That gave me a little chuckle!
  • @brazilgirl85 nothing hormonal about that complaint and your comeback is GOLD! What does he expect to happen to stuff once it's in the zone? 

When he does dishes, DH always leaves one or two things sort of tucked against the wall by the soap. I'm not sure if he just doesn't see them or if he can't be bothered to clean the slightly tedious things but gahhhh! It means the counter is never perfectly clean. (I should confess that I only noticed that recently, probably because he has been doing so much of the housework while I vegetate on the couch.)
  • My husband is awesome about doing dishes after dinner, but he likes to rinse other dishes (like from breakfast if we have cereal or lunch if it’s simple) and then leave the motherfucking dishes next to the sink. How hard is it to put it into the dishwasher?! Clearly this drives me crazy. But I don’t complain because every night he cleans the kitchen completely and it’s sparkling clean. I just cannot stand seeing dishes sit out on the counter all day. 
  • @BourbonBiscuits my husband does the same thing!! I’m like why is it so hard to take that extra step and stick it in the dishwasher?? Unlike your husband though he does not clean the kitchen every night. More like once a week Lol. 
  • @allthingsgo it’s so irritating! Every time he does it I think about how our children will never be allowed to just leave their dishes next to the sink. Dirty dishes go INSIDE the dishwasher. Clean dishes go in cabinets. There’s no in between. 
  • Why am I chasing our two year old at my 4 year olds swim lessons while DH is looking at his phone? Not even work related, he’s literally just wasting time. I not only have work to do but I’m crampy AF. 

Hes making it up up to me by making me a turkey grilled cheese for dinner because he knows he fucked up. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Last night my husband had friends coming over and said he would pick up downstairs. It was a real mess. So things needed to be put away. What does he do, he empties the dishwasher and puts the dishes back sloppily/in the wrong location, cleans the stove and reloads the dishwasher. Does not take the stuff that I placed in a pile to go upstairs, upstairs. Did not wipe down the counters or throw out the old mail on the table, did not pick up DD's toys, and did not clean our bathroom. And he had most of the day off! I got home from work and had to pick up all that he didn't while cooking dinner for a toddler, then get her ready for bed. I called him trying not to be passive aggressive and of course he had to bring up that we should hire a cleaning lady. He does this every time I ask him to do a little more to help, which is typically when I don't feel well or am taking finals for school! I was going to stab him when he got home, but then again he did order me dinner, therefore his life was spared.
  • I mean I know my hormones are raging right now but I almost killed him tonight. DD still awake and overtired when I get home from work after 8 pm. The house is a freaking mess, nothing for dinner. DD loses it when I’m trying to get her to bed. I had to take a walk so I didn’t explode. Now I’m sitting on the couch, still annoyed and still haven’t eaten anything for dinner 
  • Dh being a dick tonight for no apparent reason, wtf!
  • My average work day: get up at 4:50 am, see DH off to work, feed the dog, feed the cat, clean the litter box, try to exercise, get cleaned up for work, make my breakfast and lunch, do some random little chore like trash/dishes/whatever, get DS up, dressed, and over to my parents for the day, get to work by 7:30 am, work, pick up DS by 5 or 5:15 PM, run home, cook dinner, feed the dog, feed the cat, try to feed DS, put the leftovers away, do the dishes, check on the chickens for eggs, entertain DS until bath time, bathe DS, read some books with DS, get him his milk and clean it up when he decides spitting it ALL over its really fun, brush his teeth, put him to bed, give the dog treats, try to finish my bedtime routine, maybe catch one episode of something, then fall into bed by 9:30 pm and wait for DH's Kindle to stop playing so I can fall asleep. 

DH's average work day: get up at 4:45 am and turn on lights and make noise and wake me up, leave by 5:00 am while complaining about his job, clock in by 6:00 am,  get breakfast AND lunch provided at work,  clock out by 2:00 pm, home by 2:30 pm, strip down to underwear and put socks on the floor by the couch, sit on couch playing on his phone and 'watching' TV until DS and I get home, turn the TV up so he can hear it over the noise in the house, complain about what's been cooked for dinner, leave the table while DS and I are still eating to return to the couch and play on his phone while 'watching' TV, fall asleep on the couch, wake up and go to bed and complain that I'm keeping him up with the bathroom light on and the noise from brushing my teeth.

But DH is the one who needs more time for himself.
  • @luvmychickens all I can say is wtf?! If he finishes at 2, why doesn't he at least pick up your, and I assume his, son and make supper?  He sounds like he needs a reality check.
  • @luvmychickens Nope. Just No. He gets home at 2, cool, take an hr to unwind whatever, but then get your ass up and get laundry going, start dinner, pick up your kid. If I came home and he just turned up the TV I would unplug it and tell him he could watch his son, the dogs or dinner. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @luvmychickens full stop. My husband would not be long for this world if he behaved that way. It's like having another child around.
  • @luvmychickens full stop. My husband would not be long for this world if he behaved that way. It's like having another child around.
    Yep. This 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• edited August 2018
    Hmm. Mine decided to get wasted tonight and argue with me about everyfuckinthing when we have his company picnic tomorrow morning. He made a big deal about DD wearing a stupid college football cheerleading outfit even though she’s going to have to wear pants and a tee shirt under it for the first few hours. Why can’t she just wear the pants and t shirt? Then gave me a look for wanting to wear jeans and tee instead of a dress myself. Wtf. We aren’t dolls, it’s a picnic and amusement park, let us be comfortable. Then, because he was drunk and needed to pass out at 7:30 he gave me shit for not making DD go to bed too. I’m not sending her to bed an hour and half early to wake up at the same time we do every day. His exit to bed was a very mature, “Go to bed whenever you want then!” and slamming the door. Was planning on it, bro. 

Not sure if he’s going to remember acting like a punk tomorrow but rest assured, I’ll be reminding him. 

• @madreofdragons    If I were you, maybe I would not be feeling that well to go to the picnic...  o:)
  • @madreofdragons my husband pulled similar shit last night, but stayed up late and kept waking me up. I got up early just to make sure he was, too. And didnt let him skip mowing in the miserable heat because he "wasnt feeling it"
  • He snored like a fucking dragon too. Nature got him. He didn’t listen to me about it being in the 50s this morning. He wore a b-ball jersey and froze his ass off.
  • @ohsunnydays Oh Hell No. I would have lost it
  • @jessier19 oh yeah! He’s brave. And like, I just wanted to scream that I am eating smaller meals (just feels better) so snacking is a must! He was quickly quiet ... think he got the idea after the hissing 
  • LOL. I kicked my husband out of the bed room a couple of weeks ago for farting. He fell asleep on the couch until I went and got him at the 2am pee run. 
  • It would be the other way around here, pregnancy makes my farts nuclear. 
  • Sten stayed up too late and is in a bad mood. I was up working until 11, got up with Britta at 4 with a cough, got Stellan at 5, made breakfast, etc. Not to mention, I’m pregnant, got up 4 times to pee. I asked him to get up at 7 and he’s throwing a fit. I’m not dealing with this.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• H is back to his terrible sleeping pattern. He goes to bed late usually because he works evenings, but in fall/winter it gets absolutely ridiculous. He'll be home from work at 11pm, but work on his own video projects until 5 or 6am, go to bed and get up at 2pm. We never see each other on weekdays because we work opposite shifts, but now we won't see each other on the weekends either because he'll be asleep for most of the time. We can't even go out and do anything, all museums and stuff I like to do closes at 5. And then when it starts getting dark early, he'll complain that he never sees daylight. Maaaaybe it's because you go to bed at dawn and sleep the day away. 

This will be a fun thing to deal with when baby arrives.
  • @madreofdragons - I would have puked on him. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• megpants209megpants209 member
    edited September 2018
  • DH has been acting like a whiny dick on my family's vacation to Disney. We announced our pregnancy via fb yesterday and immediately afterward, he was already feeling "sick". He went back to the resort after lunch, came back for dinner and then I accepted the inevitable and went back early with him. We slept in separate beds because he's more comfortable that way due to a smaller bed. Today is his birthday. We had originally planned to go to the shopping area after epcot, but he spent all day either on his phone or wandering off so I got emotional, not to mention my feet were killing me after chasing after him. He resents that we spent time doing things my 5 and 3 yr old nephew and niece wanted to do instead of just what he wanted. Btw, I'm taking him to a special dinner tomorrow. I cannot remember the last time he has initiated romance with me.  Anytime I try to communicate how I feel, he gets defensive. Bottom line, family vacation and pregnancy are no fun for me when he's like this. 
  • ummm NOPE wrong answer, DH of @megpants209 ! He shoulda said, and what would you like for dessert? 
  • @megpants209 fuck that. 

@madwhitlove he’s being a dick 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @madwhitlove  it’s mind boggling how men can get so weird or bent out of shape over the weirdest shit... meanwhile we are here growing another human and have to deal with husband drama on top of that. Ugh