Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Newbie Intro Thread w/o 8/20

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board 
(https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on The Bump.

Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community!

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC?: 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): 

Re: Newbie Intro Thread w/o 8/20

• Options
    @mokay19
    Welcome ! (Back) 
    looking forward to getting to know you more on the board :) pcos is a real pain :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello! I am finally able to post! 

Ages (you and SO): Me: 38 Hubs: 30

How many months have you been TTC?: 3mo 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: Loosely tracking, still waiting to regulate after BC 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): We have a 7yr old dog and 2 snakes. I'm almost done with school and he's an electrician. 

• Options
    Ages: 26 and 27

How many months have you been TTC: we are in our first month of actively trying to conceive. CD1 currently

What are you doing to get knocked up: OPKs, using a period tracker app, and might buy a BBT thermometer now that I have a good recommendation from this board

Tell us about yourself: Ad agency copywriter turned stay-at-home mom, recently married, just bought a house, 9 month old DD, crazy fur baby (vizsla). I like reading, trash TV (highly anticipating bachelor in paradise tonight), documentaries, football season, yoga, and hanging with friends and family! Trying to find time (and make it a priority) to sit down a write now that I’m not working, but productivity has been a struggle lately with wedding planning and moving into our house. I was a casual lurker on a BMB last pregnancy, planning to get more involved this time! Love hearing about everyone’s lives and stories. Many strong, caring and intelligent people here it seems!
  • Options
    @Knottie1471974190 Welcome! We would love to get to know you better but its hard when your username is just a plain jane knottie. We always suggest logging back into the knot and changing it. If you've already tried to change it and it isn't showing, try logging out and logging back in. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    @mokay19
    Welcome back! I was born in Washington state in Bremerton! and now live in Wisconsin. I'm not gonna lie to you...the winters suck here. 
  • Options
    New to the bump and first time TTC!

Ages (you and SO): I’m 32 and DH is 35 (36 next month)

How many months have you been TTC?: Went off BC in May, but didn’t start “trying” until last month.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: Just tracking my cycle and CM for now. Trying not to get too obsessed as I am prone to anxiety and want to make sure I’m as relaxed as possible through this whole process!

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): I’m a HS Spanish teacher! I love to cook and host gatherings at my house, travel, yoga, reading, and music. Looking forward to having some support/comradery in this crazy-exciting TTC journey!

• Options
    Welcome, @kfunkdrive! What are you reading right now? 
  • Options
    kfdrivekfdrive member
    edited August 2018
    Thanks @mamanbebe! Right now I’m into a few different things... Teach Like a Pirate (for school), La Sombra del Viento (for fun/Spanish) and some TTC stuff. I just finished a sample of What to Expect Before You’re Expecting, and trying to decide if I want to take the plunge and buy it to read the whole thing. DH got a great book from a friend (Dude! You’re Gonna Be A Dad!) which is super cute and I’ve stolen from him to read as well. Definitely recommend it for the guys!
  • Options
    Hello!

I’m not quite new to the bump, as I have an almost 3 yo daughter and participated during my pregnancy with her and I’ve been a member of this group since we started TTC, just hadn’t introduced myself yet. :) 

I’m 27 and my husband is 28.

We’ve been TTC for about 6 months. I’ve been tracking ovulation, CM and using OPK. No luck so far. :/ 

I work full time from home as an auditor and finish up my masters in December.  My husband is finishing up an engineering degree as well so our hobbies are mostly doing schoolwork! Haha. When we are not so busy, we love to travel and hike. I’m also learning to play the ukulele (close friend suggested it to take my mind off TTC anxiety)! 

Looking forward to getting to know everyone! 
  • Options
    ***Lurking ***

@mokay19. Welcome back!!!!  GL with the move, and TFAS! ❤
  • Options
    Hi all!

Ages: 34 as of next week, MH is 35

How many months: took the IUD out in early June, but only started REALLY trying this month with the timing and EOD during the FW (and now halfway into my TWW). Now I'm working on learning all the acronyms...

WAYDTGKU: been using tracking apps since June, started monitoring CM this month. 

About me: professionally there's only a really small window of the year that I can afford to take maternity leave, so that makes everything feel really high pressure. Been married for about a year, but living together for 10 years. We have a 5 year old fur baby (dog) who we both obsess over. Hobbies are mostly cooking/baking and then trying to get enough exercise to balance out the amount of eating that goes with the cooking/baking. 
  • Options
    @knottied1bba3e9ee74a7cd Welcome! We would love to get to know you better but its hard when your username is just a plain jane knottie. We always suggest logging back into the knot and changing it. If you've already tried to change it and it isn't showing, try logging out and logging back in.

Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    Welcome back @mokay19 I hope your time here is short. I have PCOS too so I can sympathize.

Welcome @lcking82 what a good sign that your cycles occur regularly for the most part! I hope that helps in your journey. 

Welcome @ebelknap I’m thinking about buying a BBT thermometer too. I’llbe curious to see how you like yours if you get one. 

Welcome @kfunkdrive I hear you about TTC making us anxiety prone people extra anxious. I hope your anxiety says low. What do you do to calm yourself? I’ve recently started seeing a behaviorist and I’m learning the ACT method. 

Welcome back @okiemamaof1 congrats to you and your husband on graduating! What big accomplishments!! 

Welcome @spacepiraterunner the last sentence of your intro made me laugh! I love cooking and baking also. More so baking though. What was the last thing you made? I’ve been making lots of chocolate zucchini bread because I’ve got zucchini galore! 

• Options
    Thanks, @antera23! Right now, the last thing I made was gluten-free brownie cookies, since we have a non-gluten guest staying over. But this weekend I'll be back to the good stuff, making English muffins and baguettes :)
  • Options
    Thanks @antera23! We are both pretty excited to be done! Chocolate zucchini bread sounds delish btw! We have a ton of that at the farmers market right now too! 
  • Options
    @spacepiraterunner you make English muffins and baguettes!? Wow. I am impressed. I tried to make baguettes once. Emphasis on tried lol. 

@okiemamaof1 oh it is! I’ve been trying to give it away so I don’t eat too much, lol. 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @antera23 yeah, grew up making them with my mom, so I didn't realize until I was an adult that it's not most people's intro to making bread. The key is getting the special tins and really beating up the dough...the more rough you are with it while kneading, the more tender and chewy it is after baking. The magic of gluten! 

*Edit because autocorrect really doesn't like me today