December 2018 Moms

EDD Check-In 12/8-12/16 (Week of 8/20)

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?

GTKY: What is one trait you hope your little one will inherit from your SO?

**June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg

Re: EDD Check-In 12/8-12/16 (Week of 8/20)

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 24 weeks tomorrow. Viability, baby! Size of a cantaloupe or a pack of Oreos.

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? Pretty good! Sciatica is bugging me this morning, but going to the chiropractor seems to keep it mostly under control. (Also I found out she does rebozo sifting at the end of each adjustment from 25 weeks on and I AM EXCITED.)

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? Rant is that my son woke up crying at 6 a.m. There are worse things in life (and we did snooze together in bed until 6:30, which was sweet) but man, I’m tired, okay? And I prefer to make my coffee without him pushing me around the kitchen demanding breakfast.

Rave is that MIL got him a schmancy Melissa and Doug toy kitchen, which I assembled last night. I love assembling furniture. It’s like problem-solving lite.

GTKY: What is one trait you hope your little one will inherit from your SO? His analytical manner and patience in working through problems. And his beautiful long eyelashes. And dimples. 

Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • How far along are you? How big is baby?

24+1, the size of a canteloupe

I feel mostly fine. Just large. 

Last night was awful. Record flooding, our ceiling leaked and our basement leaked. Our dog, who's on phenol barbitol for seizures, had seizures last night (they're more frequent in bad weather like what we had). I didn't get a lot of sleep. 

I suppose his athleticism? IDK, both are kids are a pretty good mix of us both, and it's been fun to guess who gets what from whom. 

Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? How big is baby?

24 weeks tomorrow, size of a cantaloupe!

Feeling okay I guess. Tired a lot, heartburn has been the devil lately, and sciatica is acting up but I can't afford the chiropractor this week  :'(

Work just generally sucks lately. So many stupid reports to be done, not enough time to do them all plus my normal work. I know mat leave isn't a vacation, but I can't wait for the break from work at least.

His optimism. My DH is always trying to look on the bright side of things, but at the same time he's always thinking logically about why we shouldn't do something no matter how much we want to. Also his love for learning, DH LOVES to learn!! I have to be in the right mood for learning lol.

DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• mamajudec2018mamajudec2018 member
    edited August 2018
    @runrinserepeat I am so sorry about your sweet puppy having seizures last night. Poor baby.

@CecilB93 I'm sorry about your heartburn. Ugh that stinks.

24 weeks tomorrow.

Nausea has really made it's way back. And my chin, bottom lip, and part of my bottom gum are all numb. Doctors don't know why.

I know I'm only 24 weeks but man I am so ready to meet this little one. I feel like I have been pregnant and waiting forever. The three years it took to get pregnant plus the fact this is an IVF baby probably don't help with the feeling of waiting forever. I just am so ready to hold Booker.

Sense of humor. When my hubby wants to be, he can be really funny.

• @mamajudec2018 the pup will most likely be fine. We don't have an official diagnosis but it appears to fall under the idiopathic seizure category. My mom's dog had the same thing for years, ended up dying at 15 yo. It's just tough to deal with in the middle of the night, which is when it always happens :( 

Also, I LOL'ed at your answer to the GTKY part. I briefly considered saying DH's sense of humor, because I do find him really funny. But in a very sarcastic and irreverent way. And when I thought about our kids starting that with me, I was like, "Yeah.... maybe not so much" HAHA
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @runrinserepeat Poor baby. I hate when my animals go through anything like that because they don't understand and it breaks my heart. And I'm sorry it's something you had to deal with in the middle of the night. That always makes the stress higher and all.

Yea haha, I thought hmmm should I write this. As long as he is not too sarcastic then it's probably alright haha. My nephew thinks my hubby is hilarious so it just needs to be kid funny
  • @PensiveCrayon I also love assembling furniture
    @runrinserepeat Ack! Sorry that last night was such a shit show.
    @CecilB93 I’m a pro-learning optimist like YH - it’s awesome
    @mamajudec2018 Hope your numb parts wake back up

23+6, he's supposedly some ~11" long magical grapefruit

Pretty good! I'm waking up super easily now, like totally alert at 2am if a dog jumps on the bed (body is getting ready for MOTN feeds already?!). Reflux keeps the wedge pillow on the bed, and constipation seems to have finally diminished. Can't really tell if my ribcage is still expanding - I've been afraid to measure myself...but the XL wirefree bra I just ordered fits like a dream.

Dear Diary, yesterday DH found out that he may get his dream job a few years sooner than we thought! Basically the pool of qualified persons keeps shrinking, and this really works to our advantage. We won't know until the spring, but finding out that other people are even talking about him like this is amazing. 

Also, I just had chocolate chips for lunch. Yum.

Hm, I hope that kiddo gets DH's blue eyes! I'm fairly confident that LO will inherit our love of learning, sense of adventure, sportsball aversions, and deep seated love of animals - but the one thing we don't share is eye color. So maybe little dude will have DH's eyes, my hair, and my ability to tan (FX). Olive skin & light eyes is a fun combo I think. Can't wait to meet him!
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • This isn't my check in, but just wanted to say I'm so sorry about your dog having a seizure @runrinserepeat and your otherwise rough night! :( Hope doggie is feeling okay today and that the basement leak isn't too terrible.
  • @echo-charlietango Yay for H! Would that change where you guys move to next year?
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon It would! It would keep us in the Central Time Zone...that he has been in his entire career thus far :lol: So if he gets the job he really wants, we’ll stay in this time zone. If he is placed in the normal path (that we’ve been anticipating) we’ll be on the East Coast. We’re excited for either :smiley:

Anniversary
  • @PensiveCrayon what is rebozo sifting? It sounds like a circus move. 
    @runrinserepeat ugh, sorry you had a tough day, hope things are calmer and you get some sleep tonight 
    @CecilB93 I am equally looking forward to not being at work for mat leave and terrified of having to keep a person alive! 
    @mamajudec2018 I have been reading about your numbness issues in the other threads- I really hope you get that figured out soon; how scary!
    @echo-charlietango yay about the job possibilities! Fx things go smoothly!

23+5. Chinchilla? Lol I dunno at this point. Big. 

Feel dandy, just tired out easily like most of us :) 

Being on vacay is awesome. H and I are both very active vacationers and today we got up early and hikes 11 miles in acadia. That might have been a little much lol. I am freaking zonked. I'm already in my pjs and it's 8pm. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain so hopefully will be more laid back. 

Soooooo much. His love of the outdoors (I have this too so I really hope bb gets it), his sense of direction, his general handiness. And his thick curly hair! 

• @morgantu Haha! Google it for a more accurate picture, but basically you get on your hands and knees and a helper takes a very large piece of cloth, lifts up your belly with it (taking all the weight of baby off of you, so nice!) and gently “sifts”, sort of bicycling their arms a bit. It helps baby get into a good postition, I think. 
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • @morgantu Thank you, me too!
  • @runrinserepeat So Sorry about your pup! Hope he is feeling better today!

@echo-charlietango So exciting about yh’s job! FX he gets it!

@mamajudec2018 I hope your numbness is gone soon and you can find out what’s causing it.

I started this yesterday but then never got a chance to participate.

23w3d (that seems really far right now). A grapefruit? I’m with whoever said last week that the foods seem to be getting smaller. What’s with that?

Feeling a little run down and I was emotional this week when I normally wouldn’t have been. I hate that. I kind of made dh feel bad about going away for work which was not my intention but I just didn’t want him to and I cried! Ugh. Also as someone else mentioned I have many pillows working at night. Snoogle for sit-up sleeping and then I have to grab my wedge pillow if I want to move to my side. Nothing is comfortable and insomnia is a biotch. Sorry that turned into a complaint.

Yesterday I took DD to my mom’s house and she got to play with her puppy. She had such a blast. Now I super duper want a puppy even though all I do is sneeze when I’m at my mom’s and supposedly her dog is hypoallergenic.

I hope at least one of our kids inherits his musical talent because he would just love to share that. And his sense of humor which I think DD has a touch of already. 

**June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 23+4; I think? 24 on Saturday, so we’ll go with cantaloupe so I don’t have to go look.

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? Meh, ok. My hips are killing me and if I don’t take my Zantac exactly every 12 hours I do believe I’ll breathe fire. Ready for my big kiddos and my hubby to get home from vacation/work trips so the little one has his buddies back- he’s driving me bonkers and I do not have the energy for him by 6pm. Speaking of energy, I’m pretty sure after kid 3, second trimester energy doesn’t exist. Yawn. 

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? Dear Diary, my wedding anniversary is today and my hubby is, once again, not here. 3rd year in a row! I celebrated by taking a bubble bath with a small glass of wine. Sigh. 

GTKY: What is one trait you hope your little one will inherit from your SO: His eyes and smile, and his go with the flow personality!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @orangecrush29 hell I'm only on baby #2 and am still waiting for that second tri energy I felt last time!! Sorry your DH isn't home for your anniversary, but yay for bubble bath and wine! 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @morgantu @rosebud332 Thanks! Today we found out that DH getting the dream job is more likely - it’s already half-approved, but nothing *official* until the spring. Luckily the move will take us to a city that we used to live in, so I’m excited about the restaurants and multiple beer festivals again :smiley:

@orangecrush29 Sorry YH missed another anniversary! We try to to plan DH’s deployments around things, but sometimes it’s just unavoidable. Luckily I know that I will have DH longer than his employer, so I don’t mind too much. Meanwhile a nice bath & wine sounds lovely! *remembers that I do have a bath bomb or two* Hmm.

Anniversary