Trying to Get Pregnant

FFFC 8/24

Let's hear it ladies. Don't be shy. 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: FFFC 8/24

• Loading the player...
  • I am already behind on work emails from being out of the office meeting with customers yesterday, but of course it's Friday and I fully intend to stop working at lunch and build myself a shoe rack to go by my back door.
  • @jhems776 -  yuuuummmm...now I want Lucky Charms.  
  • lulu1180lulu1180 member
    edited August 2018
    @marebear15 If you're looking for some good drama threads, you can also look up users on the pinned AMA thread that have been banned as their post history usually provides some good entertainment.

ETA clarification

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Ugh sorry @coco2787.  You deserve all the wine today!  (Literally, like drink an entire bottle by yourself!)

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Oh, @coco2787!  Can a sister or friend come and tuck those away somewhere so you can just not deal with them?
  • @coco2787 I don't blame you, I probably would've done it too!  I don't even have any LOs and I know diapers are stupid expensive!

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • @lulu1180 Oh man that was good. Thanks for sharing. 
  • FFFC #2 - *TMI*

I somehow did not properly put my tampon in this morning. I was running around and suddenly felt very odd "down there". Ya, because my tampon was falling out! So uncomfortable and I wasn't by a bathroom for a loooong time.
  • @jhems776 I hadn't head that about cereal.  I do remember something going around a year or so ago about baby carrots being "soaked" in chlorine and people freaking out.  

@whiteswanblackswan LOL at "luxury apple".  
  • @eleven_ As long as you don't think it's healthier or better for you than a peasant apple, I'm happy for you :lol: #science
  • TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @emeraldduchess Whaaat. My FFFC is I miss living up north because I like listening to hours of inane talk radio about the Pats. 
  • @suzycupcake thanks for sharing the article, it was an interesting read. As for my thinking: first, I took some nutrition courses for my undergrad degree and every single one discussed organic food and how it’s not any better than nonorganic. I also read a great article a few months ago on organic vs nonorganic, if I can find it again I’ll share.

Whew, I think I win for FFFC today!
  • edited August 2018
    @suzycupcake I found it. It’s from March 2018. It mentioned the studies the article you shared references. The antioxidant levels weren’t significant, the natural pesticides often contain the same ingredients as synthetic, and organic farming can actually be worse for the environment - some of the methods emit MORE greenhouse gases. I do agree with you on organic animal farming being better (I’m all for paying more for eggs if the chickens can actually have more space) but produce, not so much. Again, if you like organic just because, that’s fine! I think it’s important to understand it all and not just take it at face value. (And that includes science - peer review is so important!)

ETA forget to include the link :lol:
    https://www.zmescience.com/other/science-abc/organic-food-science02092015/
  • It’s not a ploy to avoid toxic chemicals imo + supporting local farmers who use more environmentally sustainable methods. I’ll take more expensive produce that ripened on a farm over the flavorless chemical coated mass produce any day. 
  • @mamanbebe the article I shared talks about how the majority of organic farming is done by big corps, not local farmers. But, it also goes on to say buying local is great, organic or not, and I agree with that personally as well. Supporting local business is definitely important. 
  • I generally go for organic, but my parents have always grown many of our fruits and veggies, plus we have chickens and stuff.

Honestly, I don't read the research, but pesticides and GMOs scare me . What is the cause of the increase in food allergies and such?  (I don't deny other possible reasons such as abtiobantib and over cleanliness.) Many professionals also claim there is an increase in autism too (not convinced personally, it could be possible differences in diagnostic criteria/awareness) but if there is an increase, why?

Also, what happens with the ugly fruits/veggies?  I hate to think of all that waste 
  • I’m sure that what you find at Kroger, Safeway, Fred Meyer, etc is definitely corporate farming. And if anything is a marketing ploy it is what comes out of corporate farms, which receive kickbacks from agrochem producers. Like you and I both agree, I prefer to support local farms over what is sold at the big chains but I still think organic is better, given the reduction of harmful chemicals and antibiotics.  I grew up with a parent working for big ag-chem and it put blinders on me for decades, thinking that they were just trying to keep up with population growth but that in itself is just a ploy to monopolize the food industry with poison as it’s backbone. I often wonder how many of my health issues have stemmed from being surrounded by herbicides and pesticides for half of my life. Often it was stockpiled in my house before going to distributors. Obviously a touchy subject for me haha.. sorry to snap a bit. 
  • This is a great topic to discuss. We can all learn from each other. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• I will add that I don't think organic has more nutritional value, I didn't realize anyone did?  Although, I could argue that there is some truth to it, since organic produce doesn't have as long of a shelf life, therefore is not as old and therefore doesn't lose as much nutrients.
  • @lulu1180
    Best. thing. Ever. 
    I needed that so so much. 

My FFC is I refused to let an older couple go ahead of me at costco because I really wanted to get thru the till so I could get a poutine lol. 
    I lied to them and said I was running late for work which is why I couldn't let them go ahead of me. it was a lie forsure but once I got in my car I got a call back from a job I had interviewed for yesterday and found out I got the job :) alls well that ends well lol 
  • I am learning so much about organic food in this thread!