March 2019 Moms
Options

Week 3 Check In (8/20)

meggymemeggyme member
edited August 2018 in March 2019 Moms
This check in is for ladies with due dates 3/17-3/23. Let me know if this is your first check in and I will add you. @treetop19 @zionsmama85 @3rdtime_charmed @gowenc @sydbom @midwestmommatobe @maserrano714@Jlavo888 @lisee923 @lindseyb918 @beachbaby0523 @meggyme @runnunggal28 @natty101219 @emarcinek99@omama19 @babycolima12 @canadamommy 

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What is your hidden talent?
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Week 3 Check In (8/20)

• Options
    Due date: 3/20

Any appointments? Questions?: I go Thursday for my blood draw for the NIPT.

Rants/Raves?: Trying to figure out if/when we're going home for the holidays this year and DH keeps adding things he wants to do, like go to Park City, UT with friends between Christmas and New Years. I told him any vacation/sick time I take off now is money I don't get paid during maternity leave and he kind of scoffed, but I don't think he realizes just how much of an impact that will make.

How are you feeling?: I'm glad I've been feeling better and have had a little less exhaustion this week. I actually managed a couple workouts.

GTKY: What is your hidden talent? I'm very handy around the house. I'm the one that wired up our ceiling fan, removed the carpet from our stairs and refinished them, I'm the one working on the wiring in our truck (although I messed something up over the weekend and have to redo it).
  • Options
    Due date: Just got switched to 3/28 from 3/19, but I'll stick around!

Any appointments? Questions?: Had my ultrasound on Friday and loved seeing nugget! I did get a little paranoid about some cyst-looking things around the periphery of the pictures, but I stopped by the OB's office today and she reassured me it's just the angle of the scan that makes it look that way. 

Rants/Raves?: Happy to have my first prenatal visit in the books! I posted this on the u/s thread as well, but I think they're off with my revised due date. My LMP, luteal phase, and conception date all point to an EDD 3/19 (I have this sh*t down to a science)

How are you feeling?: My anxiety has been really hard to deal with this pregnancy. I would love to have a person to talk to without having to bother my OB. I even considered getting a fetal heart rate doppler to reassure myself, but I'm worried it will just exacerbate the worrying. I was the most laid back pregnant person with DS! I think it's been hard this time around because I'm already showing a ton, but am not ready to tell people yet. One of my best friends also had a late loss a couple of months ago, and it was the saddest thing to go through with her, so that's also looming in my head. 

GTKY: What is your hidden talent? Ohhh... probably stealing random stuff (signs, cool glasses) from bars :D 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date: 3/17

Any appointments? Questions?: going in today for some kind of new OB education appointment at my obgyn, not sure what it entails but maybe a refresher course or something. Honestly I have some questions bc *tw* all of my symptoms have dissipated except my boobs and it has me worried. It’s been 9 years since my last pregnancy so I don’t know what to expect 

Rants/Raves?: I guess I’m raving because my 33rd birthday is tomorrow so I’m looking forward to celebrating with my family tomorrow night.

How are you feeling?: general anxiety but happy to have a little energy. 

GTKY: What is your hidden talent? I can wiggle my nostrils LOL 
  • Options
    @lindseyb918 I hear you on the anxiety. I've not experienced a loss, but one of my good friends *TW* has recently had 4, and it definitely puts me on edge even though I had a good ultrasound last week.

@zionsmama85 Hopefully they can give you some reassurance at your appointment today. And happy early birthday!
  • Options
    Due date: March 20th

Any appointments? Questions?:  Just had an appointment yesterday, heard baby's heartbeat, so that was reassuring after spotting off and on this past week.  

Rants/Raves?:  Rant, DH was less than helpful this weekend, and when I complained about it, he said I was using my nausea as an excuse.  Um, no.  Why can't men get pregnant and have to deal with the symptoms?  lol

How are you feeling?: I got new vitamin recommendations from the midwife for my all-day nausea (b complex plus b 6), so crossing my fingers that it works.  So far I seem to be feeling a bit better, but we shall see.  I don't remember it being this bad with my other two pregnancies.

GTKY: What is your hidden talent? I'm decent at playing the piano, and I play the flute.  Most people in my day to day life don't know that because I never bring it up or play in front of people.
  • Options
     Due date: 21 March

Any appointments? Questions?: I had some bleeding (bright red) early Saturday morning, so we went to the ER. I was a wreck - I was sure I was losing it. But it had mostly stopped by the time we got there, and we ended up getting an ultrasound showing our baby squirming around with a normal heartbeat! So my next appointment wasn't supposed to be for another four weeks, but now I'm seeing someone tomorrow as a follow-up. I'm nervous it was caused by a SCH, so I haven't exercised since, and it would be nice to get the all-clear.

Rants/Raves?: I'm just soooo happy to be here after that scare!!

How are you feeling?: Symptoms are fluctuating - today I still have nausea, but my boobs are less sore.

GTKY: What is your hidden talent?: I used to be a semi-pro field hockey player, then I got super into running. I had to stop after a marathon last year to try to get pregnant (periods had stopped) but can't wait to get back into it. But keep my periods next time.
  • Options
    Due date: March 20

Any appointments? Questions?: no appointments lately. 

Rants/Raves?: every time I complain I’m nauseous or having heart burn, my husband asks, “why?” Like are you effing kidding??? I’m pregnant! 

How are you feeling?: nauseous and tired still. Happy I’m almost 10 weeks. I feel like I can relax a little bit. 

GTKY: What is your hidden talent? I don’t really have one.
  • Options
    Due date: 3/17

Any appointments? Questions?: next appointment isn’t until September!

Rants/Raves?: I’ve had a really stressful week. Some of my test results came back inaccurate and it has been really annoying and stressful trying to get it straightened out. It makes me weary of my choice to go with a birth center. 

How are you feeling?: ok just exhausted. 

GTKY: What is your hidden talent? I can change a beer keg very quickly!  Useful skill in college. Lol. But I worked at a big arena in college and during concerts and games, I would have to work in beer rooms and change kegs out all night. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @treetop19 @kimbaby2due same on the comments from DH :/ Would love if they had the empathy to say something like,  "I'm sorry you feel like crap, is there something I could do to help?" Lol.  
  • Options
    Due date: 3/22

Any appointments? Questions?: next appointment is 9/11

Rants/Raves?: I can't.stop.eating.  And gaining weight.

How are you feeling?: Exhausted.  Nausea is mostly gone and I have constant hunger.  

GTKY: What is your hidden talent? I have what I would consider amazing internet sleuthing skills.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lisee923 I also enjoy creeping on people on the internet! Maybe we’ll catch a catfish this bmb.
  • Options
    First weekly post here

Due date: March 18

Any appointments? Questions?: my first prenatal appointment isn’t until 9/11. Around here our family Drs don’t do pregnancy, we are referred to the town’s prenatal clinic which is just a rotating staff of regular Drs. But they don’t start seeing patients until 12 weeks. However I’ve been fighting a UTI for the past week and it is not getting any better and I’m having some spotting here and there with it and I may have to go back into either a walk in at my clinic (my Dr is on Mat leave now) or the ER or try and beg to get into the prenatal clinic sooner.

Rants/Raves?: Just the difficulties in obtaining early pregnancy care here and struggling with a UTI and yeast infection. And I’m in an area with heavy wildfire smoke (no wildfires luckily) and it’s making it hurt to breath.

How are you feeling?: Anxious. *TW* have had 2 losses in the past year. Past the farthest date of them but concerned I’ll have one later.

GTKY: What is your hidden talent? I feel like I have incredibly good intuition. From knowing what people might say or be thinking to what they will do to being able to find random obscure things with limited information. 
  • Options
    @canadamommy ugh that wait sounds excruciating, especially with your symptoms. I don't think it would be out of line at all to push to be seen earlier! Also I had problems with a persistent YI last year and highly recommend Rephresh probiotics.

Shortness of breath has been one of my symptoms too! I'm in Minnesota and the air quality is awful because of the wildfires. Sometimes I feel winded after a flight of stairs. I guess it's due to higher progesterone levels?
  • Options
    @canadamommy I'd definitely get into a doctor for your UTI. I believe UTI's during pregnancy can lead to complications.
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    @canadamommy I'd definitely get into a doctor for your UTI. I believe UTI's during pregnancy can lead to complications.
    I’m on antibiotics and been drinking so much water! I went to the ER once I realized what it was as it was the middle of the night and I was in a lot of pain.

The problem is I’m at the end of my prescription (7 days) and it was getting better and then seems to be worse again. So I have a Drs appointment in a half hour. 

I don’t want more antibiotics but I know it’s the best thing. I’ve had a Kidney infection before and that was the worst thing ever.