Baby Names

Is Lucas trendy?

We are considering Lucas if the baby is a boy.  I was talking about it and someone mentioned they thought it was a trendy name.  Not that it really matters, I just always thought of Lucas as class, not trendy.

Re: Is Lucas trendy?

• I don't really consider Lucas "classic" but I don't think it's trendy either. Maybe they meant popular instead of trendy? I think it's a great name but if popularity is a concern for you it has continued to increase in popularity since the 60's and was #11 on the SSA list in 2017.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • I only know 1 Lucas and he's my nephew! I hear Luke more often. So I wouldn't think trendy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I think Lucas/Luke is classic, but a lot of classic names sit in the top 10 anyway. Names like Noah, Luke, Liam, Ethan, etc are long-standing popular choices because they sound more classic and timeless. I would say popular, but not trendy.
  • Agree with PP, popular but not trendy. I don't think Lucas is a passing fad like Mason/Easton/Hudson.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I think Lucas is trendy...although i think luke is classic
  • I don’t think trendy is the right word but popular for sure. I don’t think it’s classic like Thomas or James but it’s not trendy like Brayden or Sawyer either.

• bbiutmcph said:
    I don’t think trendy is the right word but popular for sure. I don’t think it’s classic like Thomas or James but it’s not trendy like Brayden or Sawyer either.
    Agreed
  • meggyme said:
    Agree with PP, popular but not trendy. I don't think Lucas is a passing fad like Mason/Easton/Hudson.
    I have a Masen (family name- was also pre Kardashian’s Mason lol) and I’m trying to avoid that again.  I also have a Leo and I loveeeee his name.
  • I like it! I know one Lucas and one Lukas.. and Love nn Luke (it's my cats name) certainly not trendy, maybe popular but not around where I'm from!