Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 8/22

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Typical LP length:

Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Wednesday 8/22

• Month/Cycle: 3/3 (1 benched)

CD/DPO: 2

Timing: -2,0

Typical LP length: 9 days

Testing: Next Friday

R/R: even with me home, it was a struggle to hit every day in the fertility window. A bit bummed, but fx this cycle. We BD EOD up until it but still not sure we did enough in the window. 

Being absurd today. No, it's not morning sickness. You just get motion sick on the plane. It's entirely too early. Smh. 

CS/Q: I always say none and then I remember later. 
  • Month/Cycle: 17/17

CD/DPO: 
    23/8

Timing: 
    good

Typical LP length: 

Testing:
    nope

R/R: I completely forgot that it’s our 3 year wedding anniversary today. At least MH didn’t. I think I’ll be getting flowers tonight… we’ll see!

So I went ahead and scheduled an appointment with an RE for next month. They wouldn’t let you schedule if you were already in the middle of a treatment cycle. But after talking with MH and figuring out finance crap, we’ve decided to put the RE appointment off and try 2 more cycles of clomid +TI since I handled the first one pretty well. We wouldn’t be able to afford an IUI this year anyways since insurance caps at $5k a year and I’m basically already there with all the testing I’ve already done. I think I’m feeling ok with this plan. I still have hope that it will work.

CS/Q: I want you guys to calm my nerves about my chart. I don’t normally temp but decided to break the BBT back out for this cycle. I feel like my O day couple be off by a couple days. I had the strongest positive OPK that I’ve ever seen on CD14. I also had my typical cramps on CD15. I’m pretty positive my cramps are from my fallopian tubes contracting. My justification for this thinking is that I had an US a couple months ago on O day and she could tell that I already Oed because there was fluid in my cul de sac. I didn’t have my usual cramps till after the appointment…. so the cramps must be from the fallopian tubes, right!? Also by the time my temp went really high my cm had already changed. So what would you think? Is FF right or do you think it was a couple days later on CD17. Side note: I did have some drinks CD17 so my CD18 temp was influenced by that (but clearly not that far off).

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 15/3

Timing: not the ED I was hoping for, but still good. Damn early O!

Typical LP length: 9

Testing: well... still OPK testing every day bc I don’t believe this super early O. But all other signs (CM, CP, one OPK surge) say otherwise 

R/R: rave - fall weather still holding up! and I bought these adorable yeti-looking wine glssses and looooove them. Link in spoiler if anyone cares lol 

CS/Q: 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @vl_16 sorry timing wasn’t as good as you’d hoped.
    @LJMoon6 Happy Anniversary 
    @chichiphin YAY for fall weather and wine glasses!

Month/Cycle: 3/3(We’ve been trying since May 2017 though)

CD/DPO: 19

Timing: Meh -1, +1

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: ??

R/R: I’m annoyed at my body I was consistently Oing on Day 19 our previous try’s and then when we were benched, the past two cycles it’s been 15/16 which makes for crummy timing. Also annoyed that crummy timing is partially due to DH being sick AGAIN during FW 

CS/Q: . I am not convinced of O day though and think it’s Monday not Sunday, we’ll se what tomorrow’s temp shows.

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @vl_16 : I'm with you on the absurdity!  No, crazy woman, your heartburn is because you've been eating like crap and drinking lots of coffee.  

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 28/9ish

Timing: meh, let's just say, not the greatest

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: for some reason I just wanted to pee on something this morning.  So I peed on an OPK.  Ha.  I'm ridiculous.  But I'm trying to hold off for *real* testing until Sunday.

R/R: Rant and rave?  I'm on a committee for a children's consignment sale we do at church and it starts tonight!  I'm super excited about getting going (and for distraction), but also slightly dreading how chaotic the next few days will no doubt be!

CS/Q:  No questions, but I did get the FF app on my phone yesterday.  Decided that I'll start temping next cycle.  
  • @vl_16 EOD is pretty good timing!

@LJMoon6
    I agree with your O date. I have been having very subtle shifts at 1 dpo and then very obvious high after that. I attribute it to O happening MOTN.

Month/Cycle:
    13/10

CD/DPO: 22/3

Timing: -5, -3, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: sometime after AF is late

R/R:  Good hair day turned bad by torrential downpours. And tried to make a second coffee at work only to find ants in the sugar. Ugh. I fixed the problem, but it shouldn't have gotten this late in the morning before someone caught it. 

CS/Q: Todays temping was successful. 

• ::lurking from WTO::
    @LJMoon6 - I think I agree with FF on this one - I'd put O on CD 15, personally. 
  • Also lurking...
    @LJMoon6 - Just googled slow temp rise after O and got this gem from the Ava website.

"How common is it to have a slow temperature rise after ovulation?

We’re not aware of any studies that specifically investigate the occurrence of slow rise BBT charts, but there was an interesting study that compared the temperature shift to the date of ovulation as confirmed by ultrasound. The study found, somewhat shockingly, that only 13 percent of women have a BBT rise within one day of ovulation. For many of the women in the study, BBT did not rise until more than two days after ovulation."

• @lcking82 I had to lol at your peeing on an OPK. I am shamefully admitting that I peed on one yesterday too lol. I know you can get a positive OPK if there’s enough hcg so… why not! Plus I don’t have any more hcg tests but have lots of OPKs.

@prpl11butterfly Thank you for the reassurance! How did no one notice the ants in the sugar! I always check for that kind of stuff especially with sugar and floor cause those sit around on the shelf for a long time.

@harrierwife Thank you for the reassurance! With this being a medicated cycle I just really wanted it to be perfect with no questions lol. Of course it never works that way.

@marebear15 Thank you for that! I think I’ve read that before but of course my sanity leaves during the TWW.

*TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• @LJMoon6 Happy anniversary! On your charting, are you checking cervical fluid? I've heard that OPKs can give a positive after actual ovulation. Also like @marebear15 posted, I usually don't turn into a furnace until a few days after ovulation. 

@prpl11butterfly Sorry about your good hair day rain out! More often than not if I have a good hair day, it ends in a giant puff of frizz the moment I step out the door. 

@lcking82 Good luck with the consignment sale!

@kindbytealikat I'm sorry about potential cycle wonkiness, FX for timing working out! 

@chichiphin Love those wine glasses, they are perfect for camping and hot tubbing! 

@vl_16 FX for you! I felt similarly because we skipped a couple days that we should have tried. 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 16/3

Timing: -2, -1

Typical LP length: 9-12

Testing: Waiting until CD27, since that is usually the max length of my cycles

R/R: I don't have any desire to POAS but the wait is torture so far. 

CS/Q: Does anyone else get progesterone headaches? I never really noticed until now, but I had a pretty bad headache yesterday with no other possible causes (no msg, no tension, not much screen time, no bright sunlight exposure). 
  • @MamanBee I get migranes around 3/4 dpo as it rises. I'm currently battling one and about to hit the pharmacy for my RX.
  • @vl_16 lol I SS like crazy too. rn my current obsession is my nip size.... 
    @LJMoon6 happy anniversary!
    @prpl11butterfly ew to the coworkers who didn't notice and had coffee ants... 
    @mamanbebe I get headaches & nausea post-O
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @kiki047 Yay for CHs!!  Fx your temp stays up (and for a very long time ;))

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • @kiki047 FX on an O cycle!

@chichiphin @prpl11butterfly Thank you for sharing and I'm sorry you are experiencing the headaches too. The joys of hormones! 
  • @kiki047 I am doing clomid with my high risk OB. I know it’s generally frowned upon on this board but I understand the risks and have decided it’s worth the chance for me. She is doing mid LP progesterone testing, so at least it’s not completely blind. She said she’s been able to get many couples KU so I’m trying to stay optimistic. Only allowed to do 3 cycles with her though. Although I’ve read a couple studies that show clomid only for couples with unexplained don’t have any higher chance of success than they do with a natural cycle… But then again the chance is worth it to me. What’s a couple more months when we’ve already put in so many. And if it does work then we will have saved ourselves from a lot of stress and money spending. Plus I’m still not mentally ready for the RE. I’m so glad you finally got CH. FX they stay. It looks promising if you ask me. Are you thinking of taking clomid with your OB? My friend was just dx with PCOS and is thinking about taking clomid with her OB as well. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that as long as you understand all of the risks.

*TW* TTC history

• kiki047kiki047 member
    edited August 2018
    @lulu1180 thank you!! I'm happy just to O but I'm a SS so clearly I'm going TGKU on my first cycle, right? :lol: 
    @LJMoon6 My OB wouldn't even do further testing/treatment with me, he wants to send me straight to the RE. Problem is, the wait times can vary so in the meantime I'm not pursuing treatment, just working with a naturopath to help regulate my hormones naturally. She's got me on a bunch of supplements and homeopathic treatments, and a special anti-estrogenic diet.

Edited for clarification.

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO:  23/6

Timing: -1, -3

Typical LP length: 11-12

Testing: Friday (going to a wedding or I’d wait)

R/R: Rant – Still have crazy pants on but I’m working on calming the f down.  Rave – Used my lunch break and walked around Target and then had Chick-fil-a. No one is in my group is in today so I have our room to myself; I hate headphones so being able to play my music aloud is so nice. 

• @vl_16 LOL I always think I have “morning sickness” during the TWW!! My acupuncturist actually told me that’s not uncommon because when your progesterone rises it can cause slight nausea..

@LJMoon6 Happy Anniversary! Share with us a picture of the lovely flowers if you can! Also, I’m glad both you and YH feel good about your plan. It’s one less battle when you’re both thinking the same. Alsoooooo I agree with the CH FF gave you.

@chichiphin I LOVE the wine glasses!!

@kindbytealikat I’m sorry your body is being dumb and DH is adding to it by being sick. FWIW, I think you might have O’d on CD17 in which case your timing is good!!

@prpl11butterfly What a pretty trend you have going with your temps and RHR!

@mamanbebe I do get progesterone headaches sometimes. And sore boobs. And nausea.

@kiki047 Hooray for CH!!

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 23/6

Timing: O-4, O-2, O-1, O

Typical LP length: 10ish days

Testing: Not if I can stop myself...probably won't lol

R/R: The AC is my office is BROKEN today and it's a stifling and muggy 82 degrees in here. I am DYING. 

• @literatureandink @vl_16 it's like no matter how many times someone says that LP symptoms are the same whether KU or not, I freak! DH and I have been TTA for the past 4+ years and even so I cannot even tell you how much money I have wasted POAS because I got PMS haha
  • @mamanbebe I always buy cheapies now because I will seriously pee on allllll the things because I just KNOW that I’m ktfu...and obviously I have NEVER been lol
  • @literatureandink haha.. we should all buy stock in Wondfo 
  • @prpl11butterfly sorry about the weather ruining your hair 
    @mamanbebe I’m meh about peeing on sticks as well. No progesterone headache but I get them with Estrogen I think, before I O I get them.
    @kiki047 FX your CHs stay
    @jhems776 now I want CFA
    @literatureandink I’m hoping for CD 17. Ugh hot offices suck!

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• *lurking*

@LJMoon6 Fx for you darlin! Plus also

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @chichiphin Those glasses are so cool! Thanks for sharing this :) Did they paint the glass or is there stainless steel on the outside? I can't tell. 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @suzycupcake stainless steel!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18