Boy name poll! Help!! — The Bump
Baby Names

Boy name poll! Help!!

Which name for our son?
My husband’s name is Ryan, and we can’t use it with Nolan because Nolan Ryan was a famous baseball player.

Boy name poll! Help!! 64 votes

Weston Ryan
31% 20 votes
Nolan Everett
68% 44 votes

Re: Boy name poll! Help!!

• My cousin named her son Nolan Ryan. I love it! Plus he was a really awesome ball player! :-)
    leighry
  • Don’t love the flow of Weston Ryan.

Suggesting:
    Everett Ryan
    Wesley Ryan
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Wesley would have gotten my vote but Weston is straight trendy. Plus it reminds me of
    the oil Wesson

Nolan Everett is great!

• Think it’s okay to use Everett as a first name when one of my daughter’s name is Everly (after my Grandma)
  • My Uncles name was Weston. It means a lot to me.
  • I didn’t recognize Nolan Ryan as a baseball player (to be fair I don’t follow baseball). I think naming your kid Nolan Ryan (if you like it) would just fine.
  • What’s your husbands middle name?
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Think it’s okay to use Everett as a first name when one of my daughter’s name is Everly (after my Grandma)
    That’s way to close. 

queenbone
  • I don't like names that rhyme or sound the same, so Nolan Ryan and Weston Ryan would both be a no for me. I voted Nolan Everett.
    ME: 32  DH: 32 DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I voted for Nolan. I like the subtle nod to the baseball player when the father son names are used together. 

My FIL is Bruce and my BIL is Wayne. I thought it was kinda cute. Then found out that wasn’t the intention, he was named for John Wayne.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers