November 2018 Moms
Options

Team Green Check In

Where are my Team Green ladies? Let's see how everyone is doing!

- How many weeks are you?
- Any guesses on sex?
- Why are you Team Green?
- Struggles/rants/raves?
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Team Green Check In

• Options
    Fun check in idea!!

How many weeks are you? 29 weeks tomorrow

Any guesses on sex? I cannot imagine this baby being a boy, so I guess I'll go with girl. However, I am carrying the exact same way I carried with DS and I feel huge (DS was a big baby).

Why are you Team Green? We have one of each already and we always wanted to do Team Green. I think it will be such an amazing surprise. 

- Struggles/rants/raves? I want to be able to pre-buy Christmas outfits just to check that off my list of to-do's, but not knowing makes it difficult. I'm a crazy monogram lady, so the outfits my other kids wore likely won't work because of the initials. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    29w4d here.

In the very beginning I was feeling like baby #2 is another girl, then I spent 3 months or so feeling back to 50/50 unsure. Lately just solely based on the fact that with dd I gained 60lbs and this go round I'm down 5lbs I'm thinking maybe this baby is a boy? I know that theory doesn't hold any backing but I guess we will find out soon enough. 

I pushed to be team green with dd so I told dh this time he can choose whether we find out the sex or not. He said the surprise with dd was amazing so he wants to be team green this time too. 

My mom was super supportive of team green with dd but this time she has been pushing to find out baby's sex. I have an ultrasound this afternoon to check on baby's heart and I invited her because we are so close and because dh isnt here for any of this but if she asks to see a crotch shot I will throw her out. With dd I was the only one in my circle of friends that was pregnant so I never had any moments of weakness, but this time I have two friends pregnant with me and when they each found out their baby's sex I definitely struggled with not saying screw team green. Now that I'm 3/4 of the way there, waiting isn't all that hard anymore. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    29w3d

- Any guesses on sex?
    I'm thinking boy but I go back and forth all the time. 

I've always wanted to be team green. I am so excited that we have held out this long and I am really looking forward to finding out in the delivery room!

- Struggles/rants/raves?
    A little bit of me wishes I knew so that I could plan a little better for a coming home outfit and the like. If I knew I was having a girl I'd make sure to bring bows to the hospital so I could put one on her, for example. I also want to get the baby's name on the wall over the crib, but will need to wait. 

It's so interesting to hear what people think. I've had so many people be like "it's obviously a girl because x" or "You are glowing, it's definitely a boy!" 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    29 weeks on Wednesday

- Any guesses on sex?
    I at first thought for sure boy, no I have no idea. DH has 7 siblings and 5 are boys, and I’m the only girl in my extended family, so I feel like there’s a higher chance it’ll be a boy. Then baby started being incredibly stubborn and just sticks their head and butt into random parts of my stomach. That made me think this stubborn one is for sure a girl! But I honestly have no idea and cannot wait to be surprised.

I have always wanted to. I feel like it’s the best surprise in the world and will give me that push I need to get through labor. I hope DH can announce in the hospital room, I think that would be really special. 

- Struggles/rants/raves?
    everyone asks what I’m having, which I totally don’t mind, but then always has to guess on what it is. I don’t mind when someone says oh you’re carrying high, it’s a boy, or you’re all belly, it’s a girl! (Spoiler: not all belly but it’s a nice compliment to hear!) but my mother in law constantly asks me if I feel like I’m carrying the baby in my butt/hips or belly. Woman, what? There’s no baby in my butt. Not to mention that I’ve gained 20 pounds and not a single ounce of it has gone to my butt, which is a whole other level of unfair. 

The only thing that’s hard is like @tessiesmom26 said, I want to prepare for things like bows and cute signs, a thanksgiving outfit, etc., but have to wait to see boy or girl. Otherwise I don’t think it’s been hard and I haven’t been tempted to find out at all. 

• Options
    28w1d
    - Any guesses on sex?
    I had 6-8 dreams very early on that I had a baby girl. I also lost a girl last summer, so I kind of attributed it to that. DH's family mostly produces boys, so I just assumed I was having a boy. Last night I had a dream I was baby wearing my baby and it was a girl with a head full of hair, so after 20 weeks of being 95% sure it's a boy - I have no idea! Every time we have asked DS was it is or what he wants he says girl.
    I thought it would be fun, and we really don't have a preference whether it's a boy or girl. I can't wait to find out!
    - Struggles/rants/raves?
    I was struggling a little bit being team green when it came to decorating a nursery. Most gender neutral things don't appeal a ton to me, but I found an adorable bedding set and have a decent idea how we're going to decorate the nursery once we get unpacked. I plan on buying 3 girl outfits (and maybe 3 boy even though we have boy stuff from DS) along with a bow or two just in case it's a girl. I plan on having a little registry of girls clothes, swaddle blankets, etc that I'll have DH go get if it's a girl too.

I tried to love tit y'alls responses, but it won't let me! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    Yay I’m so excited about this thread!

26w5d with twins 
    - Any guesses on sex?
    I have a feeling it’s one of each but I’ll be happy no matter what.
    I love the suspense and can’t wait for the moment during delivery when they announce their sexes....it just seems so exciting!
    - Struggles/rants/raves?
    We picked out four names and are decorating the nursery gender neutral which we love...it’s an elephant theme with dark teal on two of the walls!

My only rant is that for some reason people think that I know the sexes but refuse to tell other people so they are always trying to get the information out of me...super annoying. 

I did have someone buy me some girl clothes and I joked that if I have two boys they are going to wear the girl clothes too (they were onesies with pants) and they were horrified that I would put a boy in pink lol. First, they are so tiny they don’t care what they are wearing. And second, I plan to use what people buy me so if they don’t go gender neutral and I don’t have one of each we will have to make do.

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    How many weeks are you?
    26w1d 

Any guesses on sex?
    FTM and I've always thought I would raise boys. I'm carrying pretty low and haven't had much morning sickness, so by the old wives tales, my original intuition holds. I also had a fall about ten days ago which caused some minor contractions and had me in L&D triage overnight. The nurses had a particularly difficult time monitoring baby's HB with the fetal doppler because baby wouldn't stop moving (I think I met every nurse on the floor- they kept getting frustrated and passing me off lmao) and a few of them joked with us that it must be a boy because their boy children were all stinkers. 

However, a couple of weeks ago, I had this really intense feeling- like so intense it brought me to literal tears- that the baby would be a girl. We have like four boys' names chosen to bring into the delivery room to see what fits and one girl's name that DH suggested while we were still trying which we both fell absolutely in love with. My parents had similar stories re names with my sister and I (pre-delivery they could only agree on girls' names both times, though they were also team green), so that makes me feel like it might be a girl. 

I guess it'll be a surprise! No mother's intuition here. ;) 

Why are you Team Green?
    We like surprises and adventure and neither of us felt that it was necessary for planning. We also want to try our very hardest not put our child into a gender stereotype box, so this seemed like a good way to start down that path. We're not going not use gendered pronouns or not put them in gendered clothing etc-- like I said, we've chosen gendered names; we're just going to try to give them space to be who they are within norms, as best as we can. 

Struggles/rants/raves?
    Up through our anatomy scan, my mom kept 'forgetting' that we weren't finding out the gender and asking us. Pregnancy TickerShe's offered to sit for us a couple of days a week when I go back to work and really, really, really doesn't want a grandson. Before our pregnancy became a reality she used to joke that she'd only watch our kids if they were girls and that if I did her the injustice of having a boy or, god forbid, two or three boys, I was on my own. So I think she's just trying to do her best to ready herself in case her nightmare comes true. Still, it's a little annoying. Like, lady, you're gonna love this kid, whoever it is. Get over it. 

• Options
    How many weeks are you?
    26w 4d w/ identical twins 

Any guesses on sex?
    I'm feeling boys, but I think that's just because I was pretty much raised by boys and that's what I'm most comfortable with. 

Why are you Team Green?
    There are so few surprises in life. Granted, spontaneous, identical twins was quite the surprise, too. DH and I have always said we would be Team Green. We had a mild gut check when we found out there are 2, but ultimately decided to stay Team Green. Part of that is due to the fact that we need double of so many things and we'd rather have people think to buy us the stuff we need doubles of rather than matching frilly dresses or matching lil man outfits. Especially when we don't plan to dress them alike, anyway, and I'm sure the grandparents, friends, and Aunts & Uncles will buy us plenty once they're here. 

Plus, I feel like the pregnancy has been SO much about me and that DH sometimes gets forgotten - which isn't entirely crazy...I mean, I'm the one carrying these two humans. I'm really excited for him to have that moment in the waiting room with the family to say, "They're girls/boys!!!"

Struggles/rants/raves?
    Struggle: It's hard not to find out when I have scans of the babies with MFM every two weeks, but the staff are awesome and tell me to remind them at EVERY scan and are very considerate to tell me to not look when they go anywhere below the belt on the babies. 

Rant: Our parents also seem to act like we're finding out the gender and just not telling. Every time I accidentally say he or she (or auto-correct makes his/her heart into his/ heart) the family COMPLETELY misses everything else I said and goes to, "Oh, does that mean they're boys/girls?" No, we're NOT finding out! Stop trying to find context that isn't there!! I just don't like referring to my unborn children as "it."
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    29w3d

I have no clue what this baby is. I was team green last time but 100% sure my son was a boy. I would've been floored if he wasn't.   This one I am totally baffled.....

I love the surprise. I can't imagine knowing. And it also drives everyone else crazy so thats a bonus. 

Only bad part is clothes. Do I buy a few girls things just in case? I mean I have plenty of boy stuff.....

• Options
    Pregnancy TickerShe's offered to sit for us a couple of days a week when I go back to work and really, really, really doesn't want a grandson. 

Ew....
  • Options
    We are also in the place where everyone thinks we know what we are having, but are just lying about not knowing. So annoying! 

I forgot one more mini rant - I LOOOOOOOVE doing all the old wives tales for fun. So I'm a little bummed that they don't really apply to twins. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KellyT22 I feel this way about everything and it totally bummed me out when my MFM doc told me "Your pregnancy is completely different than that of your singleton friends. Try not to compare notes with them too much and, by all means, if you have ANY concerns - CALL US!" I love how helpful they are, but having all of my friends' pregnancy experiences to leverage was very appealing to me. lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    - How many weeks are you? 27 weeks today

- Any guesses on sex? I think it’s a girl, but DH thinks it’s a boy 

- Why are you Team Green? My mom was team green with me and my siblings and that always sounded fun to me. I like the idea of being surprised, even though I typically hate surprises. It took a little for DH to get on board, but eventually he agreed when he realized I really didn’t want to know and he know he could never keep it a secret from me for months and months.

- Struggles/rants/raves: I feel like I have so many that it’s just obnoxious....
    Just like few of you have said, everyone reads into whatever pronoun happens to pop out at the time and thinks that’s a sign that we know and are keeping a secret, then grill us about it.
    My MIL is annoyingly anti-girl. She has two boys of her own, and never had any interest in having a girl. She was very vocal with her first grandchild that she had no interest in it being a girl and only wanted a boy. She’s the same this time, but it’s almost to an insulting level. Any time I mention that I feel like it’s a girl or say anything about it possibly being a girl she says “well, I hope not!” And she’s repeatedly said she doesn’t even know what to do with a girl (despite having 3 nieces). She also won’t buy anything for the baby until she knows what it is. Gender neutral clothes aren’t cute enough according to her. 
    My SIL is similar to my MIL but opposite. She strongly wants it to be a girl. She never wanted a boy herself and was very openly and dramatically upset when she found out her second was a boy. She cried at the appt, then continued to sulk for weeks and weeks. So she’s very anti-boy for me. She even refuses to refer to the baby as anything but “she”
    The requests for an ultrasound picture of the baby’s business is also super annoying. I don’t want a picture of my baby’s junk, and I don’t want everyone I know analyzing the picture to tell us what they think it is. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I can’t believe some of these grandparents comments about being so drastically
    opposed to one sex. That is crazy!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    cm716cm716 member
    edited August 2018
    How many weeks are you? 26
    Any guesses on sex? I'm thinking pink
    Why are you team green? I already have both genders so I thought this would be fun since it's most likely our last baby
    Ranrs/raves/struggles
    It seems like everyone wants this baby to be a boy because I have 2 girls and 1 boy.  I get it 2&2 would be fun but I'm pretty sure it's a girl and I don't want to deal with stupid comments on being disappointed. I'M HAVING A BABY I'M NOT DISAPPOINTED. Also my in laws have 8 granddaughter s and 7 grandsons so even more pressure for a boy.
    Also, I didn't realize being team green drives everyone around you crazy. People keep asking me what are they supposed to do for a gift? um,Diapers? I already have clothes for both genders... But people seem genuinely shocked I don't know the gender. I field this comment alot. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE NOT FINDING OUT???
  • Options
    @wannaflickone I thought my family was just a little crazy, but it’s wild seeing just how many people have strong gender preferences.

@cm716 I agree with the team green driving every one else nuts. I never imagined it would bother so many people! I get absolutely flabbergasted responses when we say we’re waiting and then have to clarify that, yes, we are waiting for birth, not a gender reveal party..
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I truly do not understand the strong gender preference/disappointment thing. Especially when it's grandparents showing a strong preference against a gender because they "won't know what to do with them." Really? You will love them and care for them because they are your grandchildren! Doesn't seem that complex to me. 

As for the "what gift should we buy?" issue. Well, there's diapers, wipes, developmental toys, extra crib sheets, neutral onesies and for FTMs - EVERYTHING else that a baby will need. lol It just blows my mind that people can be so unabashedly rude/selfish regarding someone else's personal decision regarding their child. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mockingjay1mockingjay1 member
    edited August 2018
    I'm also on the can't believe how vocal some of y'alls family is about wanting a boy or girl. Even if you felt really strongly you wanted one or the other (which to me to have more than a very slight preference is dumb anyway), why would you say it out loud?! People are so inconsiderate. I'd have a VERY hard time not saying something.

DH's family is mostly boys, so they wanted us to have a girl last time (we had a boy) and while I was still pregnant some of them were saying I could try for a girl next time. WTAF?! That's all that was ever said though. His family doesn't know what we've been through to get to this baby, but even if we had no losses and got pregnant in a pinch we still wouldn't care what the sex is. I can't imagine if his family was being as obnoxious as some others.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    The grandparent gender disappointment thing is super frustrating. Super appreciate all the support on that note! 

My mom's is particularly baffling. My grandmother had such intense gender disappointment at my mother's birth that she gave her a boy's middle name and later explained to her straight up it was because she had hoped and planned for a boy. It messed with their relationship for years to come. Like, after suffering through that yourself, why would you do that to another child???!!! Ugh. Family patterns persist, though, I suppose.