Trouble TTC
Options

Introduction *Updated*

courtneyh2013courtneyh2013 member
edited August 2018 in Trouble TTC
**I was posting this from my phone last night and it would only allow me to post 3 lines of text for some reason even though I typed a lot more, and it wouldn't let me delete.**

hi, my name is Courtney and I just turned 35. DH and I have been TTC for 2 years, but not preventing for 3 years. We finally decided to start fertility testing earlier this year and found out that everything for me was normal (after several tests and one of them being a horrible X-ray of my Fallopian tubes) and that his counts are all great except morphology - he’s at 2%. We have determined that it is from prolonged marijuana use, which he needs because he has severe stomach problems and will actually throw up and not be able to eat for days.  He is going to cut back and quit, which he wants to do for many reasons in addition to TTC, but that will bring about it's own set of challenges for him. 

Doctors have told us that IUI with me on chloride is an option for us - his counts are high and his motility is normal, so the only thing we are battling now is the low morphology.  I am having a difficult time deciding what to do here - does anyone have any experience with this?  Any other advice or feedback?  I'm extremely discouraged/frustrated/disappointed/defeated at this point and have been feeling like I may never be a mom. 

Re: Introduction *Updated*

• Options
    Hi Courtney, I'm sorry you find yourself here, but welcome to the group! Have you decided on a treatment plan yet? You will find women at various stages of treatment here. Please feel free to join our weekly check-ins where you can ask questions and get/give support to all the ladies on this board. We're a small, but close-knit group :)
    Me: 37 DH: 35
    Married since February 2012
    TTC since February 2017
    10 natural cycles = all BFN
    Dx: weak ovulation with possible LPD; Rx: Clomid (4 rounds); Puregon + Ovidrel + TI (3 rounds)
    7 medicated cycles (see above) = BFN
    During the last medicated cycle, they found a small cyst on an ovary and ordered an MRI to check for endometriosis
    May 2018 switched to an RE and did more testing while trying naturally
    8 natural cycles = BFN
    Dx: AMA, endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR; Rx: IVF
    October 2018, IVF #1 = 4 ER, 2 M, 1 F
    10/25/18 Transfer of 1, 8-cell 3-day embryo = CP :'(
  • Options
    Welcome! I’m sorry you find yourself here. Definitely jump into our weekly check-in thread and you’ll get a lot more advice. :) Does YH have low motility or low morphology? You mentioned both so I’m not quite sure. A decision regarding IUI probably relies on several factors: 1) total count and motile count—DH has very low motility and we did 6 IUIs, 3 before and 3 after he took clomid. Clomid did improve his count and to an extent his motility. Looking back, I think the IUIs were a waste of time but my insurance was paying for them, we weren’t mentally or financially ready for IVF, and it was what our RE recommended. 2) Insirance—do you have any fertility benefits? Do they mandate you must do IUI before IVF? 

Overall, I think IUI has less success with low motility, but both our RE at the time and our urologist were fine with us doing it. So a lot of it comes down to how you feel mentally and financially.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you @Bababatty!  For us it's low morphology and his counts and motility are great!  My insurance does cover 50% of the IUI, but $0 on the IVF. 
  • Options
    @courtneyh2013 I’d do some IUIs first in that case!