Infertility

Lupron Question

Hi guys!  I’m new to the forum but I’ve just began my first IVF cycle. I’m starting with Lupron injections for a couple of weeks until I go in for my baseline ultrasound. 

Ive been infecting into the fatty part of my belly, under my navel but alternating sides. I just saw a couple of videos and noticed they were injecting higher up, more in line with the navel. Does it matter??  I’m very new to this and now I’m second guessing myself when so much is on the line. I want to do everything right. Hoping you ladies can put my mind to ease?

Thanks!!

Re: Lupron Question

• I’m currently on my third time using Lupron. I was told to inject anywhere in the C shape around my belly button. My nurse said where we have the “extra love” on our stomachs. I try not to inject too high since that’s where I tend to bruise.  
  • njnsnjns member
    Thank you. I live an hour from the clinic so I opted not to come in for an instruction. I won’t have an appointment until my baseline ultrasound. I thought it seemed self explanatory but of course now that I’m doing it I’m so afraid I’m going to screw it up. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm starting Lupron on 8/30 and my nurse told me to inject it in the area below my belly button, alternating sides. So I think you're alright! Good luck to you! 
    Me: 35, PCOS; DH: 38, MFI
    TTC #1 since 2012
    IVF #1: 9/2018, cancelled due to poor response
    IVF #2: 2/19, 24 retrieved, 18 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 embryos; 1 beautiful embryo transferred 2/11/19: BFP!! EDD 10/30/19

• I also inject to the left or right below my belly button where all my other injections have been