October 2018 Moms
Options

Monday BF 8/20

Re: Monday BF 8/20

• Options
    this is a mixed bf/blessing, but i slept better last night than i have in so long (other than getting up to pee a couple times)...but of course i had to get up earlier than usual today. so most days i am up well before 6:00 wishing i could sleep, and today i swear i could have slept until 10:00 and i had to be up early. :/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nasalot188 Same.  I woke up so exhausted and sore.  When DH asked what was wrong I cried.  I'm getting so frustrated with the lack of sleep and sore joints.  I just can't get comfortable anymore.  
  • Options
    Construction round two is starting on my office floor, and once again I am right on the divider line between old and new. The banging on the old cubes is going to make me mental!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Similarly, @KFrob, I feel like I can't explain this shit to my husband ONE MORE TIME. Just know that I'm miserable everywhere and no, there's nothing you can do to help. I'm sorry. I wish there were.
  • Options
    @sliztee exactly!  And no it's not something bothering me, and yes I am happy I'm pregnant.   Then I end up feeling bad for him that he feels helpless....  
  • Options
    I know! It's so frustrating HOW SWEET THEY ARE  :D
  • Options
    @chyvie, yes!  This is my most active child yet and while I appreciate the reassurance that he's doing good in there....man, sometimes I just need him to settle down so I don't feel queasy all day.  The kicks straight to the bladder and cervix are a bit much lately too.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Dogs are driving me crazy today. Mostly just one of them who feels the need to go outside every 20 mins and if you don't listen to her emergency age does all the annoying things. Been trying to break her if it but I have no patience today.
    Throwing a Frisbee for the other dog and because he must try to get it regardless how bad I throw it he almost fell flat on his back and I now I am crying as I am freaking out that I almost killed or injured dog. I can't adult today.
  • Options
    + to crazy movements. I have actually had to say 'ow' out loud a few times today at my desk. The kicks/punches are getting strong!!
  • Options
    I'm annoyed because I need to refill the test strips for my glucose monitor and insurance is saying it's too soon. I've only got enough to get me through tomorrow, maybe half of Wednesday. Yo, let's do some math: Qty of 100/4x per day is only 25 days. It's been 21. And I've screwed up a few times.  Just let me refill! They're letting me refill the lancets no problem.
  • Options
    @hannaht8516 thats so annoying. I ran into that problem with DS a few times and they just tried to do that with my insulin the other day. I called my nurse and she called the pharmacy and they filled it for me. 
  • Options
    @nmadjeski I hate dealing with insurance. If I don't get approved by end of tomorrow, I'll have to call someone.
  • Options
    I feel like i got run over by a truck this morning. 3rd trimester exhaustion is REAL. I slept terrible and had such awful nightmares last night too. Ugh...common coffee...kick in already!
    I could have written this myself. What is up with the nightmares? Last night I dreamt that I was at a "horror film experience" camp, but it was all real, and terrifying. Each time I'd wake up and fall back asleep, I'd end up in a different scenario. Not cool at all. 

Now I'm halfway through the work day and I'm not sure how I'm going to make it the rest of the day, let alone the week. I'm so tired, everything hurts. I can't get comfortable. 
  • Options
    I'm with you ladies on the nightmares! 

AFM, my boss has been nothing but a b.... to me. I honestly have no idea why. We usually get along but lately anytime we have to talk or I have to deal with anyone above her I'm met with nothing but nastiness and resistance. I'm so over this. 
  • Options
    I forgot to take my heartburn meds this morning...never ever again!! 
  • Options
    +1 for active babies. I say "ow" all the time now, and make some weird faces at work because it kinda hurts! Especially when she's doing like 20 kicks in 10 seconds. 

not having nightmares, but still having some weird semi-realistic dreams. 

Also, my hands are feet are starting to swell more. yippee.
  • Options
    +1 Terrible dreams. So vivid and odd as can be.
    +1 for active babies. I honestly hate all this bouncing around that baby's doing. I'm super uncomfortable all the time. I don't recall any of my other kids moving this much this far along.
  • Options
    +1 to weird nightmares. Not my favorite pregnancy symptom 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @hannaht8516 if insurance is still fighting you, try calling dietary that is connected to your OB or hospital your delivering at. They pulled the same crap with me and I called and talked with dietary. She had me come in and gave me an extra set of strips (vials) and lancets for free. It may be worth at least a call to see if they can help at all.
  • Options
    +1 to active baby, also hating baby hiccups, which she seems to get all the time. I hate twitching muscles and it feels too similar to that.

AFM - F acid reflux. I am so sick of waking up choking on it and smelling it and running to the bathroom because the gagging makes me think I might actually vomit one of these times.  On top of that last night, I finally get comfortable and fall asleep to be woken up 5 seconds later (actually hours but it didn’t feel like it) to MH telling me a kid threw up. As I’m going back to sleep, I hear the kid throw up again, only MH is in the shower so I have to get up and deal with it.  Fast forward to almost noon and the kid is feeling fine, so I decide to take him to grandpa’s house where he gets to the front porch, folds up his umbrella, hands it to me and then proceeds to bend over and vomit on the porch, his feet and my feet.  FIL helps me get everything cleaned up and agrees to keep both boys, but I got to walk around today smelling the vomit... I am so sick of stomach acid smell. (Sick kid was fine the rest of the day and I am super thankful that FIL doesn’t think anything of taking the kids or coming over to babysit when they are sick. It was no big deal to him to have to clean it up and he volunteered that sick kid could stay if he wanted to.)

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @purplegoldfish2 my OB told me I can take Prilosec in the third tri and it has been a GODSEND! I have acid reflux as well and the symptoms sound very similar to what you have - it was literally incredibly painful, disgusting and foul tasting for 30 weeks. Tums, Pepcid, and Zantac didn’t do it for me but I haven’t had any symptoms in a week since taking Prilosec! Check with your OB - maybe it will help you, too! I feel for everyone dealing with it! 

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• Options
    @SweetSweetTooth This is how things were with DH until we really sat down and talked about how I was feeling. He's been very helpful around the house the last week or so. Last night he even volunteered to go grocery shopping on his own because every time we talked about going I ended up being exhausted or in pain. You had a crazy busy week last week, and he needs to understand you need rest.
  • Options
    @purplegoldfish2 seconding the Prilosec recommendation - I started it this week and I haven't had any heartburn since!

• Options
    +1 for Prilosec! Zantac wasn’t touching it anymore..I’m so happy I switched! It says to only take it for 14 days. Not sure what I’m going to do after that!
  • Options
    I took prilosec for GERD (crazy acid reflux basically) as prescribed by my ENT. I was advised that long term use was not recommended because they dont know the long perm effects on women. However, I was prescribed it for 60 days and it's the only thing that helped!
  • Options
    I have to be careful with inhibitors like Zantac and Prilosec because I have a history of bad heartburn/reflux from low stomach acid. Taking those can actually make it worse because it reduces stomach acid even more. It took me a year to fix the issue, so I’m trying to avoid having that happen again. Fortunately Tums does work as long as I remember to take it when I go to bed - my problem is if I’m fine at bedtime, I don’t take it and then wake up gagging.

@sarahzett MH and I are both engineers and I am by far much better at putting stuff together. Every time he tries to help, he breaks part of it, striping screws, trying to force things together... I just have more patience for it than he does.  I don’t think any of it has to do with being an engineer though - if it did, he’d be better at it than me because he is definitely the better engineer of the two of us.
  • Options
    I talked to my manager and director about working from home 3x a week on Monday afternoon. Before we left that meeting they had scheduled a meeting with the VP of HR for 1pm yesterday. When I left at 4 I checked with my boss about it, and she said it was moved to 5pm. No biggie. I have still not heard anything from them today, and the VP is now out until after Labor Day (1.5 weeks). I probably wouldn't be so cranky about it if I wasn't 100% miserable today. I've been forcing myself to stay at the office, and my bosses have been in meetings pretty much all day so I haven't even had a chance to ask. I'm working from home tomorrow and out Friday. I just want to know...
  • Options
    @sammierose464 Ugh! I was wondering how that went. Hopefully your bosses talked to them and got you approval and you just have to wait to hear the good news.