TTC After a Loss

August TWW

Re: August TWW

• @sagems10 that's great news! Very glad for you! 

@lin0442 I'm wishing you a bfp in another week! I'll agree wholeheartedly that this indeed is the much harder part of the tww! I'm about 7/8 dpo so I'm fighting urges to poas! Just get me to the weekend! ! ;)
  • Good luck everyone!! It’s a hard thing to wait for. 
     ****TW*****
    We just had a loss on 7/27 and a follow up D&C on 8/2. They told us to wait a cycle and we were not careful also @squirttheturtle I miscounted and was all “oh it’s fiiiiiine it’s been so soon after the loss” Then I was curious and tested for ovulation when I realized how many days it had been. I got a dark but not quite dark enough line and it got fainter and fainter. So I guess I’m waiting and seeing. Honestly I’m amazed my body is actually working since I feel like I just had the miscarriage and I have PCOS. It would be wonderful if it happened this month but I’m trying not to expect too much. 
  • Loading the player...
  • coco2787coco2787 member
    edited August 2018
    @antera23 keep in mind that ovulation tests also react to HCG and given that your loss was less than 3 weeks ago there’s a very good chance you still had/have residual HCG in your system and that’s why you got a dark line on the OPK.  After my last loss it took over 6 weeks for my HCG levels to return to zero. 

ETA even if you did ovulate OPKs really aren’t reliable for determining that so soon after a MC for the reason I mentioned.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Ha. So remember when I said wasn't going to test early? Well I did. I'm only 7dpo. It was negative. Duh me! 
  • @sagems10 oh it’s so hard to resist! Sorry for the negative anyway, too early to be reliable, but I know it’s still hard to see those negative tests. I’ll be 10dpo tomorrow and I’ve managed to hold out for that. Actually so nervous to poas tomorrow i’ve been SS so bad! Plus it would just be way to perfect if we conceived this month cuz my sister-in-law moves in with us next month which will make timing intercourse properly so hard and potentially awkward! I’m just not ready for my hopes and dreams to be crushed with a negative test. 
  • @sagems10, girl we must've been on the same wavelength cuz I found a test under the bathroom sink and you think I'd could keep my hands off of it?! 7 or 8 dpo and afternoon pee, duh! I shouldn't have to mention the results right? ;) 

@justarius, sure proud of you for waiting until 10 dpo!! Fx for you tomorrow! !
  • Today is approx 8/9 dpo and I've got cramping to the lower left. I have never been one to cramp prior to AF until literally the day of. So here's to ss! Gah!!
  • So I got a positive OPK on Tuesday, timing was ok -4, -1, 0. AF is due on 8/29. 
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Not my month. AF arrived a couple days ago. Here we go again. 
  • Thank you for the information @coco2787 I will keep that in mind! 
  • @obsessedwithoranges I’m sorry to hear that. 
  • @obsessedwithoranges sorry for AF

@rowedking6 and @MelissaMay82 FX for you both! 

So 10dpo today BFN on the wondfo but when I was pregnant we didn’t get a positive until one day after my period was supposed to start so I’m not counting myself out yet not with the crazy SS I’ve had this month...guys sorry if TMI but I’m even freaking lactating :neutral: that Has to mean something...right?! 

@sagems10 hope you can hold out longer to poas than I did this time! 
  • How do we keep from going crazy?! Waiting and hoping is brutal!
    I just want this SO badly!
    Im obsessing. My poor DH is frustrated not being able to help or "fix it". 

I have been having symptoms, but now I've been spotting and slightly crampy since yesterday. So I'm wondering if all the symptoms are just... Psychosomatic.
    Or real, but unrelated. 

My cycle changed from 28 days to 31 days after going off birth control before our last loss. Tomorrow is day 28. So now I'm sad, because I had so much hope that we had concieved, but maybe the spotting is the start of AF and my cycle is just reverting back to 28 days? (In theory, AF expected on Tuesday or Wednesday..a little bit of confusion this month since my last cycle started while I was in Europe, so 8 hour time change)

Urg. It's so hard not being able to talk about it. When it's all I think about .
    It does help reading everyone's posts though. Realize I'm not alone, and not the only one going through this. (As much as I hate that anyone is going through this!)
  • @hoping4rainbow3 I know it's hard to wait, trust me I've been waiting for years... but you just have to find other things to occupy your mind. Try not to SS too much, it will just drive you insane. Just remember, if you are experiencing symptoms because of PG, then you can turn a BFP. If you get a BFN, then those symptoms aren't from PG.

BC and PG/MC can really alter your cycles and take months and months to regulate again. Sometimes they even regulate to a new normal. Are you temping? It sounds like it could really help you. 

Also, please TW any mention of live children or PG. Thank you.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @hoping4arainbow3 A lot of symptoms (some mild nausea, sore boobs, bloating) are caused by progesterone, which typically increases during the second half of your cycle whether you’re pregnant or not. So a lot of those feelings are real, and related, but not necessarily a sign of pregnancy. I’ve found it helps to remind myself of that (or I would flip out almost every. dang. month.)

@justarius Ah, no idea what that means but dang that’s a symptom! Fx that it’s just early for you!

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. If I can make it through the weekend without poas, I’ll be able to wait for af (or, ideally, a beta on Wed). I feel like my relationship with poas has changed a lot in the past few months- I just get so grumpy and miserable after a bfn at this point that I try to keep myself from doing it.

Thankfully, I only have expensive tests at home, which are much easier to not use than cheapies :lol: 
  • Anything new @justarius or @sagems10? I think I'll get a frer this evening. It's not fun when you ovulate later, feels like a cycle takes forever. Last month was cd 15/16 , this month cd 17/19. It's cd 31 today and it just seems like yea I should get a bfp but when you go 32/33 days you know there's still time for AF to rear her nasty face! 
    Wow, that's a lot of whining right there. Sorry guys! 
  • Hey! I just got back into town from a weekend getaway from our anniversary so I was trying hard to forget we are in the tww lol it worked reasonably well and now I only have to wait two more days to test. I've been getting waves of nausea, slightly sore boobs, mild cramping, and I've been craving salad (which was a major craving during my pregnancy). So could go either way.

@rowedking6 I know how you feel about long cycles, I usually ovulate around cd18/19 and my cycles are about 35 days. It's torture! Let us know what happens when you test :)

@lin0442 I feel the same way about testing. I try to wait until I'm going to get a sure answer. Doesn't always work though :p wishing you the best, let us know how it goes! 

@justarius that is so crazy! I hope it means that you get a positive this month, hopefully it was just a bit too early for that first test. I didn't take any tests on our trip, so I only have to make it through two more days until cd14.

• I’m here now at 1 DPO.  
  • I think I'm here now also. Temps are a mess and I'm giving up on temping after tomorrow so I doubt I'll get crosshairs. O was most likely within yesterday's 24hr span.
  • Gah I didn’t last very long after I tested 10dpo I used my frer 12dpo how stupid of me BFN of course. FF says AF on CD 34 which isn’t until 15dpo so really I should have waited at least until then. SS still going on, totally getting worse, but at least I stopped lactating. But I’m just going see if I can wait for AF now and just test if she doesn’t show up. 

@rowedking6 I’m with you on the long cycles *thumbsdown* 

FX everyone that’s still holding out to test!! It would be so nice to see some BFPs around here! 
  • @Mack2342 @prpl11butterfly good luck to you both! 

@justarius oh no :( that is really frustrating. I'm fighting hard not to test until Wednesday when I'll be 14dpo ish. This is no fun :/
  • I chickened out, didn't buy a test. Today is 13 dpo but I really think I can wait until AF is late. Might be a bit grouchy but eh...

Welcome @Mack2342 and @prpl11butterfly...FX for both of you 
  • That's super great news @sagems10! I love it! ♡ CONGRATS 
  • Congratulations @sagems10!!! FX for a happy, healthy, and uneventful PG!!!
  • Congratulations @sagems10 :) I hope you have a great beta and an uneventful nine months. 
  • Thanks everyone! I am just a bundle of emotions, I still feel like it's going to be ripped away from me. Beta from this morning was 70 which is fine for 14dpo, waiting on a progesterone to see if I need to supplement, will repeat beta on Thursday. Trying to stay calm and believe this is my miracle
  • @sagems10 Congratulations!!! I hope this is your miracle.
  • @sagems10 AHHHH!!!! I was hoping someone was going to get good news! Congratulations and I hope you have a delightfully uneventful pregnancy and that this is your take home baby ❤️
  • @sagems10 congrats!! FX for great betas on Thursday!!
  • Thanks everyone for your kind words, it really means so much. If it's ok, I'd like to stick around until I get my beta results on Thursday? I don't feel comfortable moving to a birth month group yet
  • @sagems10 congrats! Fx for an uneventful 9m for you!
  • I think TWW hypnosis needs to be a thing. I could really use it. I'm not SS (yet, ask me again around 7/8 dpo) but I'm already stressing about things. Hypnosis would help me.
  • @prpl11butterfly Sign me up!  I’d pay good money to be hypnotized out of SS during the TWW!
  • @sagems10 congrats!! FX this is your take home baby!!!
  • Congrats @sagems10
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Congrats @sagems10 FX for a great 2nd beta

Anxiously waiting for an update @lin0442!
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19