Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY 8/20

If your pets were people and had a backstory, what would it be? I know this is a weird question but I feel like all pets have different personalities. I like to think if they were human what their lives would've been like. Am I the only one?

Re: GTKY 8/20

• Loading the player...
  •  :D:D:D:D  
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• meatballs37meatballs37 member
    edited August 2018
    We don't have a pet but I REALLY want one. DH doesn't want the added responsibility. :( So I will live vicariously through all of your posts. 

@lcking82 can't stop laughing
  • Not trying to be a downer but this really makes me miss our dogs, but....I’ll respond as if they were still living bc I love this! J - my original owners thought I’d be a great hunter but I’m a lover of life, hates loud noises, so please love me for the calming person I am. I will cuddle you until we die!!! S -  I was loyal to you from the beginning, I may not like the others you brought around (J) but I love you unconditionally, and wish I would’ve been around for Aubrey, bc I would’ve loved her.
  • I love this GTKY but at the same time, I don't think I'm nearly as creative as @wishiwaspreggo to come up with such an amazing backstory for my pets  :D

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Vera is 6 going on 65. She has an English accent and hates being inconvenienced. She loves to cuddle and always is up for a little nibble of a snack. 
  • @lulu1180 I recite my cat's backstory to her all the time. I've always called her my little truck driver. I think it's because, for a cat, she never had the grace or elegance you expect from a feline, she has a raspy and loud meow, and she was a fierce hunter. Something about her just screams Kentucky back woods hillbilly. Truck driving would be her best occupation.

And the dogs, lol... if you met Sadie you'd totally see a maternal granny in her! She's a beagle dachshund mix and her beagle personality really shines through. She's so gentle and sweet-natured. Never growls or snaps or anything no matter how hard you provoke her.
  • This is hilarious! Great idea @wishiwaspreggo

Barrett is a 2.5yo Cardigan Welsh Corgi who is basically a (nice) frat bro. He’s handsome, likes attention from everyone, likes everyone he meets (dog and human alike), enjoys being active/outdoors. Pretty dumb. He also likes food and crashing on the couch/bed.