August 2018 Moms

Scheduled Births C section OR Induced!

Hi mommas! Starting this thread to talk about scheduled births, anyone else having this experience? I am not high risk, but I am 40 weeks today measuring 37 and my doctor is going to be out of town this weekend, so I have an induction scheduled for Wednesday, 8/22, at 10am. I have been beyond ready - already had one false alarm last Tuesday. Got to the hospital after 2 hrs of horrible contractions 5 mins apart only to have not progressed at all. I'm (still after 3 weeks) 1cm dilated and 60% effaced, cervix still sitting high. I'm a FTM so I'm a bit nervous going into this. My own mom was induced with my youngest sister and she said the only thing that sucks about induction is that the contractions start strong and stay strong because it's artificial, not natural. Anyone else experienced this? Post below!

Re: Scheduled Births C section OR Induced!

• I have an induction scheduled for Thursday, my DS came 4 days early naturally however I’m currently 40 + 10. 
    Ive had a similar experience to you in terms of the contractions but cervix not changing - it’s an emotional rollercoaster! 

I cant offer any advice about induction as I too am anxiously awaiting mine with no clue how it will be, I ended up with a complicated labour first time and had an epidural so my plan this time was a birthing pool and gas and air however I know now that with induction I will potentially end up having a similar experience to my first - I will be accepting all the pain relief offered if finding things too unbearable! 

Good luck! 
  • I was induced but eventually progress stalled and we ended in a c-section. 

I have nothing to compare to as far as natural labor. They controlled my contractions pretty well. If they came to fast they lowered the Pitocin. If they stopped they raised it. I did not find it unbearable. I progressed pretty well for awhile. 

But our son wouldn’t drop and engage, which turned out for the best as he had his cord around his neck and if he had dropped he would have been in distress.  As it was we had a nice calm, well thought out, not rushed c-section. 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019