March 2019 Moms
Options

Weekend Plans

Re: Weekend Plans

• Options
    Spending time at school this weekend. My students start on Thursday and I feel like I have so much to do. I wish I had something more fun on the agenda! 
  • Options
    Vacation here!  Very excited for some sand, sea and sun. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh, laid up. Sprained ankle. At least DH is home but it's super frustrating and annoying. 

• Options
    @purpleteacher82 Good luck this week!

@BuckeyeNut05 jealllllllous

@shrub Boo. Feel better soon.

Yesterday was DH’s birthday. We foolishly thought going at 5:30 to try a new restaurant would be early enough to get in. Nope. We ended up driving around and then settled on a little taqueria by our house.

• Options
    Not too much fun going on here. We had our second to last swim lesson for DD, worked on our truck a little (and will again tomorrow), will have dinner with friends and run more errands tomorrow.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Took my daughter for our weekly 7am grocery shop and then to the local farm to visit with some animals, and finally ice cream for lunch! 

Laying low the rest of the day, but husband and I have plans for a little home date tonight! 
  • Options
    Boring stuff here. Saturday is my cleaning day. I’m reorganizing my pantry while mh is at his friends. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Went to a meeting with our financial advisor this morning and met my in-laws at the pizza place for lunch/MILs birthday meal. They kept DS and just brought him to us after our meeting. We are headed home now and I’ll probably take a nap when we get there ha! And start on laundry eventually. We don’t really have many plans other than church tomorrow morning. 
  • Options
    I usually do laundry on Sunday’s but got a head start since DD got in bed with us and then had an accident all over me at 4am. :|:o:s
    We tried to have a fun afternoon out shopping but traffic was so bad we were all frustrated and when we got there we gave up after 20 mins and just had lunch and went back home. Tonight we’re going out to dinner, we wanted to see the new Mission Impossible movie but it’s not in the upstairs recliner section so we are skipping that.
    More chores tomorrow, yippee 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    We helped put on a couples wedding shower today. I'm finding my preggo self limited in hours I want to stand or deal anymore lol The  meeting with our church couples group tomorrow and hoping not to have any real plans after! 

@mamakate1616 The recliners are the only way I'll go to watch a movie anymore! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    @mamakate23 @kristimh80 I have only been in the recliners once but OMG so amazing. I LOVED it. I don't get out to the movies often but that is the only way I'm doing it next time. Especially when I can rent it in a month on my own couch. You're making me want to go!

• Options
    @shrub @mamakate23 @kristimh80 I’m with you on the recliners! DH and I rarely go to the movies now because we have DS so often on the weekends (by choice) however we went for his bday in May now it’s the only way I ever want to go!
  • Options
    Ok obviously it has been too long since I have been to a movie! They have recliners now???!!
  • Options
    @shrub I'm not usually the type the go to the movies either because would rather watch at home and be comfortable but the theaters that have recliners make it worth it! Seats seems bigger and if with someone, you can raise the arm rest between you both to make it more roomy - love seat like feel. 

@maggiemadeit Some do! You just have to search and see what theaters having it and which movies they show in the one's that do. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    Also ours allows adult bevs and has real food obeyond concessions.  :)
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    @mamakate1616 we have a theater like that near us but WOW the price gouging! They charge like $10 for a cup of cheap beer or wine.
  • Options
    Theaters only make money on the concessions, the majority of their ticket sales go back to the movie companies. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse Interesting, I didn't know that. Even so, I personally no longer get enough value to justify the cost of a ticket (base price $15 per by me) let alone the additional cost of concessions.
  • Options
    mamakate1616mamakate1616 member
    edited August 2018
    Oh yeah. It is outrageous, we don’t go often lol. Only for the big action movies and I sneak in my own candy. I think our ticket price for that section is $17 and then a transaction fee if you buy online (which of course you do, because the other perk is assigned seating). 

Eta: if you think the gouging on the drinks is bad - they can buy giant ass bags of popcorn kernels for pennies and then churn out a gallon of popped corn for $6 or $7 or whatever it is these days! Popcorn is a printing press. 
  • Options
    Phewwww finally a minute to check in here! We’ve had our nieces all weekend, since Thursday night. Ages 7, 4 and 4. It’s been nonstop. Everyone is saying it’s “great practice” but I’ve got one baby cooking in there...... 3 kids constantly bickering is not the kind of practice I was bargaining for!!!!! Luckily we are off the hook in a few hours and I can watch the VMA awards in peace. It’s just been non stop... I have so much respect for all you moms with multiple young kids at once!!!! 
  • Options
    Pretty cool weekend. Yesterday I went to a spa for a friends bachelorette. Got the “sublime” facial and it did not disappoint! Their whole facility is really nice so it was great relaxing there all day. On my way home I stopped at one of my favorite restaurants to grab dinner (mainly because their butter is so damn good). Hit up Barnes and Noble after to grab a couple gifts for my niece and some cheesecake at the cafe inside. Sooooo it was kind of a solo day which is RARE. Nice recharge. 

Today we we all went to CT to visit family. Have lunch with my mom, grandma, uncle and his family. It was a really nice time. Gave up the good news, it was nice to see my mom so happy. :) 

p.s. LOVE going to the movies. Yes, it’s absolutley too much now but I just enjoy it too much. Saw the Meg with my friend Cindy a couple weeks ago and I’ll be hitting the theater up this Friday. 

• Options
    @Shelbyville30 you are making me super jealous of your weekend. All of that sounds like a dream. Maybe I need a solo day for indulging in myself. It just sounds so delightful

• Options
    @shrub it was a pretty sweet day, that is for sure! It is rare though. I definitely say make time for it now!!!

I used to travel for work so eating out alone was a norm then... but it’s been a LONG TIME. These days I’m Used to juggling a toddler so it was almost weird! Lol